Pics of my attempt at cheap HP

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excuse my ignorance but is a turbo on a 2 stroke possible? seems like i read that it couldnt be done but dont let that stop you from trying. it might be a good topic for some of the smarter guys (smarter than me) not you :blink:

excuse my ignorance but is a turbo on a 2 stroke possible? seems like i read that it couldnt be done but dont let that stop you from trying. it might be a good topic for some of the smarter guys (smarter than me) not you :blink:

381700[/snapback]

it has been done before, yes it is possible!

381700[/snapback]

I've seen a couple of turboed 2 strokes (Banshees etc), but more specifically turboed snowmobiles during the summer grass drags they have here. My welder makes some of the air boxes for them, and apparently the drag sleds here are using Detroit Diesel turbo chargers. Don't know much more than that, mostly because if the info was readily available everyone here would be running a 400hp sled. :shrugani:

the whole turbo sizing thing on here makes me want to rip my hair out.  He's got 4 turbos sitting there to put on an engine that he's building as a PROJECT.

Once he gets the thing built he can decide if the turbo is to big, or what turbo to use etc.

Things you might want to look into in the future are a variable turbo with an adjustable blow off that you can program through the rpm band.  0-5% boost off the line up to 100% down the rpm band.

Dont know if you've seen the kit yet but its battery kit for the shee.  Would be nice to be running that with a charged battery just in case the whole system starts pulling more than the stator can handle.

The one guy on here had the setup cause of all the lights he was running

381646[/snapback]

I never thought the turbo sizing would be such an issue with people. :shootself: Putting on the turbo is like step 21 and I'm still on step 4. I'm already redoing things, I've changed from Keihin to Mikuni throttle bodies. Everyone seems to forget this isn't an install, its a project. And yeah I'm going to be running a battery since its fuel injected it won't start unless the injectors have power. Also the Variable turbos are way too expensive and hard to find, I'll stick with what works

I'm most blown away by seeing Natty Light in a bottle!!!!!!!!!!  Wow.  I'm missing out.

:cheers:

381689[/snapback]

I almost died when I saw Natty in bottles, it was like I died and went to heaven. Than Natty tops themselves again and comes out with the 30 rack :headbang:

381700[/snapback]

Yup its impossible

370cc, 175hp:

DSCN2846.JPG

DSCN2874.JPG

DSCN2848.JPG

130 RWHP @ 18psi:

UAETurbo3.jpg

165 RWHP @ 22psi:

2000turbo3.jpg

Dcp03110.jpg

Dcp03120.jpg

Dcp03116.jpg

Dcp03118.jpg

:dance:

On the same bike, with the carbs.

Is the fuel pumped or gravity fed?

Alan

381879[/snapback]

I'm guessing its pressurized in the bowls in some sort of way to force more fuel through it. It wouldnt be as accurate as an injector and a computer, but it'll get you down the track very very quickly nonetheless.

With what whitey is building, this is something that you'd be able to toy around with out in the dunes, or even in the trails for that matter once it gets more perfected. All those other quads pictured are mainly for going fast in a straight line.

I'm guessing its pressurized in the bowls in some sort of way to force more fuel through it.  It wouldnt be as accurate as an injector and a computer, but it'll get you down the track very very quickly nonetheless.

With what whitey is building, this is something that you'd be able to toy around with out in the dunes, or even in the trails for that matter once it gets more perfected.  All those other quads pictured are mainly for going fast in a straight line.

383779[/snapback]

Carbs and boost are such a pain in the ass. There was a turbo banshee at East Coast ATV and they said they spent more time rejetting it than riding it. The owner eventually ripped the kit off. I want something reliable that won't give me problems so fuel injection is the only way to go.

I don't have any interesting pics of progress but to keep things interesting here's my buddy's motor we put together this weekend.

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00547.JPG

:headbang: