Pics of my attempt at cheap HP

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I obviously have to get out of my bubble more often. Maybe we just don't use anything along those lines around here. Sounds interesting, what advantages does something like that have over AC. It sounds like something that would be a benefit in hot climates, we don't get that hot here, just humid as shit. There is already so much moisture in the air here in the summer, maybe they just don't work well here.

Nope, I obviously have to get out of my bubble more often.  Maybe we just don't use anything along those lines around here.  Sounds interesting, what advantages does something like that have over AC.  It sounds like something that would be a benefit in hot climates, we don't get that hot here, just humid as shit.  There is already so much moisture in the air here in the summer, maybe they just don't work well here.

372046[/snapback]

Abosolutely NO advantage over a refridgeration unit. Makes your house "clammy" and kind of sticky and damp. Works well on hotter days as long as the relative humidity isn't too high. If its high humidity, there is no evaporation to cool the air. (Evaporation is essentially a cooling process). For the most part I'd take central A/C over this shit anyday.

this that what i would call a water cooler system.

you basically have a squiral cage fan that blows thru some mesh or netting with water being dripped over the mesh.

if so. they do work basically like your body sweating, but it will make your house clamy like stan said and my god the dust and allergies that it spreads. i went to my uncles house with one of those. 3 hr later i was a coughing my ass off, screwed up my allergies bad. puts way too much moisture in the air.

i still think its a kickass project and even if the turbo doesnt work, which i do believe it will, itll still be cool. lets just see how it turns out in the end.

371590[/snapback]

it is kickass for sure.yes it will work but to what extent we will see.good luck with the project

• 3 weeks later...

I also thought of doing the exact same thing after seeing one in the readers rides in dirtwheels, and at a recent motorcycle show there was a yellow banshee with the name "Gortez Racing" and it was a trinity 500 w/ a turbo he has raced in the pikes peak challange, he simpley had an internally gated turbo (not sure which one?), a steel airbox w/ carbs and trinity pipes where the stinger tubes were welded into a flange on the turbo, it was supuer simple. I have pics somewhere here, I'll try and post them today.

As far as your pump goes you can get a hi-press pump from Carter it's inline with 5/16 fittings and is about 50$

Have you had the megasquirt up and running? Let me know how that thing works.

the whole turbo sizing thing on here makes me want to rip my hair out. He's got 4 turbos sitting there to put on an engine that he's building as a PROJECT.

Once he gets the thing built he can decide if the turbo is to big, or what turbo to use etc.

Things you might want to look into in the future are a variable turbo with an adjustable blow off that you can program through the rpm band. 0-5% boost off the line up to 100% down the rpm band.

Dont know if you've seen the kit yet but its battery kit for the shee. Would be nice to be running that with a charged battery just in case the whole system starts pulling more than the stator can handle.

The one guy on here had the setup cause of all the lights he was running