YFZ SHOCKS

NYCBanshee7

I believe you're right.  Is there room to move the upper mount inbound a fuzz to make up for moving the lower outbound?  I'm nowhere near my machine right now, so I can't look.

394414[/snapback]

No, there isn't.

I also verified that there is not sufficient clearance to move the lower mount out and clear the upper arm...

• 4 weeks later...
We just built a set for a customer that was extended 2"s and setup for yfz shocks.

ebay008.jpg

394425[/snapback]

Hey those look like mine... I just got a set of a-arms built by Sanddragon with the lower mounts moved out 1" to fit the 450 shocks. They fit and work awesome!!! The shock spring is close to the top a-arm but with a little adjusting they clear just fine. Thanks again Andy

Just wanted to let everyone know so there is no more confusion if they dont or not.

Just my two cents.

And that someone beat my to the first post.

IMG_0229.jpg

357578[/snapback]

I Dont Know How Good They Work On The Shee, But They Look Badass On There!!! Nice Lookin Bike. :headbang:

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I would throw my two cent in. I have ran the yzf 450 shocks on my shee for about a year and a half. I'm pretty sure I was the first to post about them with pics, and stuff. I might be wrong, but I dont think so. I haven't any problems with them, and still love them. The bike still rides and jumps like it did when I first put them on. They a great shock for the money.

• Like 1

your suspension travel is supposed to be limited by the shock and with a shock that is too long the travel is limited by the ball joint and over time the repeated banging of metal on metal will break the ball joint and it has happened to me on a blaster which ended up ruining my riding season this year due to 2 broked ribs and a broken elbow. it doesnt only happen when you go big off the jumps but even when you are just taking turns at a fast pace.I know they are too long because you said you had to muscle them in, they should have just slid right in with the weight off the wheels.

You do have to compress them a little to get them in the stock a arms, but they work great in after market a arms. They have good travel, and a little sag. They side right in the after market arms. They are way better than the stock shocks, stock arms or not. I liked them a lot better then the stock shocks, in the stock arms, and even better in the after market arms

Edited by dirtbike killer

• 5 years later...

I don't do hair scrambles. Nothing against them. I just don't have the time and money to do something like that. I've noticed that you seem to be the only one that really doesn't like the YFZ shocks. I've ridden a YFZ and like the way it handles and I like the way the shocks work on my Banshee. Maybe you had a bad set? Did you actually have them on your Banshee?

I agree with you, why is he so down on the YFZ shock? I have them on my Banshee along with a set of +3+1 Full Flight 12 POINT adjustable a arms set up with the Chromoly Heims, the guy I talked to from full flight said he started producing that kit for the guys like me that did the YFZ-450 conversion that we not totally satisfied with it. Like he said most people who do the conversion do a total swap a arms, spindles, steering stem steering stem flag, hubs, brakes and brake lines the whole nine yards and they sell the stock Banshee parts. The set up I have allows you to adjust the a arms and use all the swapped YFZ-450 parts. I love my set up. I rode a buddy's 2009 Bill Balaence Edition YFZ-450R, and it rides almost the exact same as my Banshee. The only thing I wish I could swap that makes his bike a little more comfortable is the seat; its a little nicer than the Banshee seat and it seems to help out the center of gravity quit a bit.

I built my Banshee to Race in the Kentucky Off Road Hare Scrambles, I am the only 2 stroke quad racing out of 68 sport quads in the point series next year as far as I know. I don't know where he gets there bad for hair scrambles over 50% of the racer race stock YFZ-450R or the YFZ-450X. About the only mods you see them do is skid plates, wheels and tires, and a slip on silencer. :confused: