YFZ SHOCKS

NYCBanshee7

Just wanted to let everyone know so there is no more confusion if they dont or not.

Just my two cents.

And that someone beat my to the first post.

IMG_0229.jpg

357578[/snapback]

they work very well and provide a plush ride. My only concern when i put them on my bansehee, was the fact that they are much longer then a banshee shock, i think eye to eye they are like 16"s and a stock banshee shock is like 14"s if im not mistaken? (they seem to ride much higher then a set of correct length shocks) seems that could cause premature wear to the shock. maybe you can keep us up to date on the performance of your shocks over time?

cant go wrong though for 200bucks for piggy backs!

The shock is about 1/4 -1/2 inch longer at most. I backed out all of the preload to soften the springs up.

So far so good they shocks are a huge improvement over stock.

I am going to a big track on Sunday.

I will let you know how they hold up.

I just put a set on mine with a custom built set of +2+1 TRC a-arms. From what i was told its not a good idea to run longer shocks on stock arms or a-arms that arent built for longer shocks. The guy who built my a-arms said that if you put too long of a shock on the a-arms, what happens is that it puts a lot more stress on the ball joints when the shocks extend in the air, this will cause the ball joints to crack in mid air and finish off on the landing.

So when you get a-arms for longer shocks the lower shock mounts should be out more so that you dont have to compress the shock just to get it in. Maybe someone can elaborate on this its kind of hard to explain.

Edited by Wassup350
  • Like 1

I just put a set on mine with a custom built set of +2+1 TRC a-arms. From what i was told its not a good idea to run longer shocks on stock arms or a-arms that arent built for longer shocks. The guy who built my a-arms said that if you put too long of a shock on the a-arms, what happens is that it puts a lot more stress on the ball joints when the shocks extend in the air, this will cause the ball joints to crack in mid air and finish off on the landing.

So when you get a-arms for longer shocks the lower shock mounts should be out more so that you dont have to compress the shock just to get it in. Maybe someone can elaborate on this its kind of hard to explain.

357971[/snapback]

I talked to a few guys that have this set-up and they have had no problems.

I talked to a few guys that have this set-up and they have had no problems.

358495[/snapback]

I think what Wassup350 is telling me is the 450 setup can brake the ball joints with the added pressure of 2 inch of preload pressure. Over time I think a Mx'er could possible loose an Arm. And is a Very valid Point to consider. But and Oldman duner like me Could be Just fine for long time with this setup.I don't look for alot of air time. Thx guys Great info.

Edited by Oilsmoke

• 3 weeks later...
I think what Wassup350 is telling me is the 450 setup can brake the ball joints with the added pressure of 2 inch of preload pressure. Over time I think a Mx'er could possible loose an Arm. And is a Very valid Point to consider. But and Oldman duner like me Could be Just fine for long time with this setup.I don't look for alot of air time. Thx guys Great info.

358709[/snapback]

Has anyone thought about moving the lower a-arm mounts out a little ways? I'm not sitting right next to my ATV right now so I don't even know if there is enough room, but if there is this could help. Just a thought.

Has anyone thought about moving the lower a-arm mounts out a little ways? I'm not sitting right next to my ATV right now so I don't even know if there is enough room, but if there is this could help.  Just a thought.

369187[/snapback]

I have 450 shocks now and I am looking to get new a-arms so I talked to the guy at Quicksand and he said that is what he does. If you tell him you are going to use 450 shocks he will move the shock mount so the shock will be the proper length.

I need some help! I bought a set of 450 shocks, but when i was going to get them on my Shee, I saw that the lower mount on the stock A-arm has no room for them. I will have to grind the lower A-arm, but I think that it will take of the strength of it!

Could someone send pics or tell me another way to do that? Is there any adapter to put on the stock mount to fit the shock?

Thanks.

Niko from Portugal

• 2 weeks later...
I just put a set on mine with a custom built set of +2+1 TRC a-arms.

hey i like that thats a much cheaper set of shocks on extended arms

any problems putting them on?

and how do they compare to say works or something along those lines

building a mild mx'er and am wondering if it would be a good idea to save some money by buying these or to just buy something a bit more