YFZ SHOCKS

NYCBanshee7

When you ordered your arms did you tell them that you were running YFZ450 shocks?  If not, do you notice them still being too long when you install them?

376315[/snapback]

No, I bought the a-arms used, so they are setup for aftermarket shocks, not YFZ's. They are about a 1/2 inch longer. I put the bottom bolt through, then muscled the shock in. Not a big deal, wasn't hard.

The shocks are soooo much better then stock and the adjustability is unlimited. Compression, Rebound and Preload.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

• 1 month later...

I don't do hair scrambles. Nothing against them. I just don't have the time and money to do something like that. I've noticed that you seem to be the only one that really doesn't like the YFZ shocks. I've ridden a YFZ and like the way it handles and I like the way the shocks work on my Banshee. Maybe you had a bad set? Did you actually have them on your Banshee?

The shock mount on the lower arm is too close to the pivot point for those shocks. They are over worked and alow the arms to pivot beyond what they were made for. You are going to run into problems with your ball joints and heims. I have a friend with them and he is destroying his front end with those shocks. An easy thing to try is jack your front end up and look how far the shocks allow the arms to drop.