i got beat by a 450.. WTF

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What size tires you got? Maybe you should gear up a tooth? You're sole mission shouldn't be to beat this one quad, but if top end is what you need, go up a tooth in front. You're ported so you shouldn't have a problem with this

As far as going with the smaller domes, I have 18cc, @ 500ft. I love them. You can run 18cc's but it'll put you @ about 185psi. People keep telling me about the crank issues that can happen. BUT, if your willing to take a risk there's a reward, the shee loves it, you already run race gas.. so you should be good2go.

I would start with a 360, keep needle @ 2nd clip. VForce's wont make it that rich. You're probably going to have to play with the air screw, but I would start it @ 3/4 to 1 turn out, thats what I would tune the main jet size with. No reason why you shouldn't pwn that 450! Make us proud..  :cheers:

338964[/snapback]

try the toomey needles with 320 or340 mains with a 32.5 primary it helps a lot my buddy has a 450 and i stay up with him . i have ported cylinders with stock pistons and v-force reeds and 3/8 inch spacers with 320mains 32.5 primary and k&n air filter and i also run the k&n air box lid :cheers:

I don't understand this shit, you guys are talking like 450's are crazy fast. My mods are in my profile and I've walked on pretty much everyone i've come across. Off the line they're there I get them by at least 5 quads... i dun understand. I'll get some videos of how to do it...lol.

you ppl are traitors.

I've raced a pipe'd & jetted one, and I was not impressed considers 5700 for the bike plus another 500 for pipe & jetting. 6200 and I paid 3500 for mine.

I raced a stock one, not even close.

The ppl that were riding them have been riding for years, so I dunno. I'm not bragging, my shee is by far fast compared to most of your guys's bikes. Are you saying they're plain fast for a four stroke? I'm just not seeing it, sry. you guys must be racing hella mod'd ones. - nuff said.

im not a traitor, i have 2 banshees and a 450. ive raced quite a few banshees and beaten most of them. this has always been on dirt. i also run my 450 at our hillclimbs and the times i turn on my 450 have only been beaten by a few people in the 2 stroke modified class, myself included. im not saying they are the fastest thing out there, but they are very quick for what they are. hell ill race anyone on my 450, not saying ill win but i know how to ride that thing and ill for sure give you a good run :bolt:

You are not running bike+mod's vs bike+mod's, you are running bike+mod's+pilot vs bike+mod's+pilot.

I am not saying you are a bad pilot, but dragracing is all about reflaxes and knowing your machine as much as possible so you know its limits and its adventages.

And as far as the mod's in your bike, I would never race if I don't feel my jetting is perfect, wait for those 30 pilots, they will help a lot on your bottom end and therefore you would have a better start.

Good luck

well the reason for the race is to see where i was on jetting and he happen to come with as i topped it out to do a plug chop... my thing is that with these mods and me close to where my jettin is i shoulndt get walked away from... as i launch i am first off the shot and pullin away then it just winds out and thats when he comes creapin up on me and pulls away...

im runnin stock gearing 20" holeshots'

he's runnin 18" tires

we were racing down pavement at about 1/8 mile length.. maybe shorter.

as for the pilot on each bike.... i've been riding and have done some mx racing in my 19+ years of riding and he's on his 6th year of riding but thats 3 years off and on.. he finally got a bike he likes.

i know this is a jetting problem if i get the holeshot and when i get to WOT i stop pulling my bike winds out and it doesnt bog at all. we are soon to hit the sand in 2 weeks and i dont want to loose again :shootself:

Edited by NEVER SATISFIED

I still think it's your gearing!!!!! Stock gearing with 20" tires is a little short for the amount of power you're trying to put to the pavement. I'd try at least a 15 tooth gear with maybe some 22" tires to get more out of it. You have to remember that your bike will pull as much as you allow it to...if your gears are short, you'll wind out quicker. If your gears are taller, you have more "range" to pull...does that make sense?

I have half the mods you do and I run a 15 tooth front with 22" tires and from 1st through third I'm ahead of my buddy's 450. I know it seems backwards but he starts getting closer in third but can't pass me. When we're both tapped out in our final gear we're going "roughly" the same speed. I'd buy a bigger front sprocket, you'd be amazed the difference you feel by lengthening the gear ratio... :)