i got beat by a 450.. WTF

I still think it's your gearing!!!!! Stock gearing with 20" tires is a little short for the amount of power you're trying to put to the pavement. I'd try at least a 15 tooth gear with maybe some 22" tires to get more out of it. You have to remember that your bike will pull as much as you allow it to...if your gears are short, you'll wind out quicker. If your gears are taller, you have more "range" to pull...does that make sense?

I have half the mods you do and I run a 15 tooth front with 22" tires and from 1st through third I'm ahead of my buddy's 450. I know it seems backwards but he starts getting closer in third but can't pass me. When we're both tapped out in our final gear we're going "roughly" the same speed. I'd buy a bigger front sprocket, you'd be amazed the difference you feel by lengthening the gear ratio... :)

339543[/snapback]

what about for sand...15 tooth think i can still have enough bottom end to be able to pull that tooth

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got the holeshot because I was waiting for your que to go LMAO. Really you should get me by about 2-4 bikes I would think by the end. Remember that shee a few weeks ago I raced with a little less mods that you have? I raced him a good half dozen times and neither bike would pull on the other. Jet jet jet

339532[/snapback]

:rolleyes::yank: ... see that underlined part.. haha he won and still makin excuses... :rotflmao:

I think you'd be OK in the sand...Especially if you're running 19cc domes, have it ported, with v-force reeds and pod filters; you should be just fine running a 15 tooth. At first, I'd try just the 15 tooth with the 20 inch tires you run now, and if the 15 tooth helps out and you feel that you could get more out of it by going with a 22 inch tire, go for it. That way you'll only be out the 15 bucks it cost for the sprocket and you'll know if gearing is what's holding you back. I was really amazed at how much 1 tooth on a gear will make in how your bike uses the power you have....

I don't understand this shit, you guys are talking like 450's are crazy fast. My mods are in my profile and I've walked on pretty much everyone i've come across. Off the line they're there I get them by at least 5 quads... i dun understand. I'll get some videos of how to do it...lol.

339308[/snapback]

yeah ya do....lets see it.......

• 4 weeks later...

alright just a repost... havent reraced him yet... but i have put in 400 mains and runs better.. i could poss go up to a 420.. but havent tried... i havent put in the 30 pilot or changed the needle clips again.. but i have hesitaion till 3/4 throttle so up on the pilot and clip down to 3rd again since its on 4th right now... will report back this coming weekend since we are going to go at it on a straight then have some fun on a mx track... !!!! :headbang:

I didn't catch your gearing, but dragging is ALL GEARING. If you don't have a 15 tooth front on there, than your wasting your time. Get a 15 tooth front on there and make sure the jetting is right and you'll top out A LOT higher than stock gearing. Quit worrying about this and that and spend $8 for a front 15 tooth sprocket.

What's your needle at, still 2nd clip? If so, that's too lean. Hell, it was too lean for my stock ported FMF piped shee. I had to change needles altogether after the portwork.

Word!

If you have pro circuits you should be running nothing less than a 35 pilot jet!!!! the Pros like big pilot jets. I had the exact same set up as you did years ago!!! do this.

340-350 main

2nd clip from the top on the STOCK needle

35 pilot jet

and 1.5 turns out on the air screw. It will fly.

and use the stock 14/41 gearing

If you have pro circuits you should be running nothing less than a 35 pilot jet!!!! the Pros like big pilot jets. I had the exact same set up as you did years ago!!!  do this.

340-350 main

2nd clip from the top on the STOCK needle

35 pilot jet

and 1.5 turns out on the air screw. It will fly.

and use the stock 14/41 gearing

355918[/snapback]

think my 400 is too large? didnt bog when i got to full throttle.. im at sea level

I would say the 400 is way to high if you still have stock catbs!!! and never close the air screw!! I dont know what type of port you have put pro circuits are a low to mid pipe and they do not have that high of a RPM limit 9000 I think. I would get at least a 35 or 40 pilot jet. Those v force really richen up the ratio but by droping the needle you take a lot away from the idle circuit so by installing the bigger pilot it evens it out. but Pro circuits are notorious for loving huge pilot jets!!! trust me. Do what I told you in my first post start with the 340 jet it will probably work the best. and as for your elevation, I am about 600 so we are the same.

i got news for ya chief....pro curcuit recomends you change the mains only. not the piliots not the needles..if you fuck with the piliots your bikes gonna bog first time you stick it, or not wanna start up........call them, check their website, ask them....they shipped the main jet with your pipe..and gear it taller...a 15 up front, it will pull it all day long..why just spinn ever time you nail it?..... :cheers:

Edited by Blue Duece

you have no idea what you are talking about. anybody that believes the website over personal testing needs help!!! do you understand what pipes are and all the aftermarket filters and reeds he has on his bike. he is not jetting for just the pipes it is the whole set up!!! I have a freaking DYNO in my garage with air fuel meters out the wazoo!!! and trust me I know what I am talking about.

you have no idea what you are talking about. anybody that believes the website over personal testing needs help!!! do you understand what pipes are and all the aftermarket filters and reeds he has on his bike. he is not jetting for just the pipes it is the whole set up!!! I have a freaking DYNO in my garage with air fuel meters out the wazoo!!! and trust me I know what I am talking about.

356080[/snapback]

okkkkkkk.............. -_-