i got beat by a 450.. WTF

well i guess neither do the makers of that pipe you seem to no so fuckin much about, how about calling pro circuit and telling them there full of shit, cause i could give a fuck. im only on my eleventh banshee with pro curcuits, the guys bike wont start and you want him to up his piliots and needles?.....how about you give me a hit off what ever it is yer smokin? ive had reeds and an air filter on every bike ive ever owned, a fuckin set of reeds dont take a 25 piliot to 45, maybe a balls out port job does though, so you got a dyno in your garage? i got 40k in banshees in mine.....thats a riot "all the after market filters and reeds" so he's got what? a K&N and some delta's? same as one of my bikes with pro curcuits, a 45 piliot is fuckin unheard of with that setup (thats a feather the living fuck out clutch to get it to rev, peice of shit, no wonder you think he should run stock gearing).....if he needs to run a 45, id say he should change the carbs to at least a pj-34, he's missing out on a butt load of HP, even up to an agreesive MX port, i run 28's on a trinity MX port and it runs better with stock carbs with 30 piliots with PC's, pc's arnt air or fuel pigs like toomeys or fmf's....

Edited by Blue Duece

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jet my banshee by how many bike lengths in front of the cammed and piped 450 I am....My ported banshee sucked ass untill I got bigger carbs...I could not beat 450's either then all of a sudden they are asking if I have a stroker n shit.

356143[/snapback]

Thats funny you say that Justin. Had a guy call me from the east coast the other day with a hot MX port of mine....says thats how he does it too....around 15 feet per gear pull on the straights over hopped 450's last I heard......Jim

as far as this guy running 40 pilots ,and regardless of your dynos and anal probes nad other gadgetry,theyre not drag pipes buddy ,this cant be reality on stock mikuni roundslides. :blink:

thats like a ridculous setting do they even make pilots in the 40's for a she 26mm? :confused: if your bikes so bad and can flow so much that it needs 35-40 pilots ,then why the hell are you running lameass stock outdated carbs ? :confused:

sounds like somebodys been suckin back on grandpas cough medicine :yank:

ok ... ok... check this out EVERYONE! i slapped in the 30's .. didnt fire... slapped the 25's back in and fired right up... i do think i need to switch to bigger carbs.. just dont have the cash right now... took it out to the track this past weekend and dragged my buddy on his 450 again and beat him although didnt win by much and the ground sucked monkey balls. it was basically a pasture that had a graded straight from a tractor... i definately need to switch to a 15 tooth cuz this 14 tooth spins me out like tt racer.. ..

im thinkn along the lines of a 28mm...

but now one plug is misfiring so fk me!!! banghead

Edited by NEVER SATISFIED

well the reason for the race is to see where i was on jetting and he happen to come with as i topped it out to do a plug chop... my thing is that with these mods and me close to where my jettin is i shoulndt get walked away from... as i launch i am first off the shot and pullin away then it just winds out and thats when he comes creapin up on me and pulls away...

im runnin stock gearing 20" holeshots'

he's runnin 18" tires

we were racing down pavement at about 1/8 mile length.. maybe shorter.

as for the pilot on each bike.... i've been riding and have done some mx racing in my 19+ years of riding and he's on his 6th year of riding but thats 3 years off and on.. he finally got a bike he likes.

i know this is a jetting problem if i get the holeshot and when i get to WOT i stop pulling my bike winds out and it doesnt bog at all. we are soon to hit the sand in 2 weeks and i dont want to loose again  :shootself:

339448[/snapback]

If you feels it stop pulling at WOT then it is your main jet, its too lean :shootself:

when I first brought my shee home and rode it, it was really fast and had really fast throttle response, but at 3/4 and WOT mine would stop pulling and would pop, fart and backfar. As it turned out, mine had stock jetting, and it has pipes, pro design airfilter, and (acording to the previous owner :shrugani: , +4 timing, port n' polish and new pistons) I changed the main from 200 to a 340 and the pilot from a 22 to a 27.5 and air screw 2 1/2 turns out and this thing pulls like a muther :bolt: . From 1/4 to wide phuckin open, my banshee will not stop pullin untill I let off the gass. I have yet to whind it out completly, and I'm even geared lower than stock (13/41).

So I think its your main jetting, and it wouldn't hurt to go up some tooth in the front since you can pull it. I allways spin through 1st and part of 2nd when ever I drag on pavement and toward the end of the race the other guy is stayin up, but he's still behind me ;)

You can add all the carbs, hoohaas, and whatnots you want until your blue in the face. Your still not gonna gain much unless you change the gearing. It'll rev a little faster maybe, but quit worrying about what mods you need and just put a 15 on the front. Trust Us, it'll be ok. :evil:

Also, the change of going from 26's to 28's isn't going to be a black to white change. Your not going to go from no power to "oh-my-phucking-god" power by going up 2mm on your carbs. And, if your jetting isn't right, it won't do shizzle to your nizzle. :huh:

Just keep working on your jetting. LEAVE YOUR F"ING PILOT ALONE NOW and get your main jet dialed in. There's still more power that can be had if your not jetted right.

Oh, and in case I didn't say so, CHANGE YOUR FRONT SPROCKET!

im changin my gearing for 2 things...

1. i spin on the track through 3rd

2. i will gain on the straight when i jet to 6th gear not runnin on the track

i def do think i need bigger carbs.. i slapped in a 410 and still no bog what so ever.. haha i have jets up the wazooooo now...

hey sredish i see you live in whitesboro, you going out to that track in ector on may 7... quadzombie mx track?

im changin my gearing for 2 things...

1. i spin on the track through 3rd

2. i will gain on the straight when i jet to 6th gear not runnin on the track

i def do think i need bigger carbs.. i slapped in a 410 and still no bog what so ever.. haha i have jets up the wazooooo now...

hey sredish i see you live in whitesboro, you going out to that track in ector on may 7... quadzombie mx track?

357833[/snapback]

we'll see, dunno. I have to check my race schedule. Where do you live? I may go out there this Sunday and play around some tho.

Oh, and you may consider changing needles if your that big on the main. Go to a needle EXACTLY the same except a steeper taper. This will get fuel out of the main faster from 3/4 - up and won't require such a large main jet to work and will help get the power in.

im just north of fort worth... but i always take the drive to tha east since that seems to be the only place where ther are quad catering mx tracks... i went out to greenville to the www.mx-compound.com and it was pretty fun.. just opened last weekend..still needs some work

do you know of that part # for the needle you speak of?

im just north of fort worth... but i always take the drive to tha east since that seems to be the only place where ther are quad catering mx tracks... i went out to greenville to the www.mx-compound.com and it was pretty fun.. just opened last weekend..still needs some work

do you know of that part # for the needle you speak of?

357858[/snapback]

i don't, but you might try carbparts.com. Look them up and then call the phone number and talk to the guy. Tell him what you have and that you want the same needle with a richer taper for the 3/4 to WOT range.

well i dunno what the dang deal is... im loosing by 2 bikes... minus well ride a fkn stock shee!!!... we got on a flat and ran em again.. this time the ground was a lil slippery and i had lots of air in the tires but i still got beat.. felt like i have the power and its there but not going no place... how long do stock clutches last? :wacko:

well i dunno what the dang deal is... im loosing by 2 bikes... minus well ride a fkn stock shee!!!... we got on a flat and ran em again.. this time the ground was a lil slippery and i had lots of air in the tires but i still got beat.. felt like i have the power and its there but not going no place... how long do stock clutches last? :wacko:

359954[/snapback]

Your probably spinning like a bitch. Get you some good meats and air them puppies down and it'll really help the launch. The launch is everything and once the 450 gets out in front, it's hard to gain ground on it, and that's where they're best, getting a good jump, where the Banshee spins for a few.

A shorter swinger will help that as well, not too mention make it more fun on an mx track. I have a stock shortened I'll sell pretty cheap. :)

My bud with the Banshee. We race and he's got plenty of power, and if he gets a good launch, I got my work cut out for me, but most of the time, my 450 gets a better jump and it's all over, well, not 2 bikes, but you catch my drift. And it all has to do with his rear tires spinning. His hooks wayyy better now with the iRazr rears on the back.

Taller gearing (i.e. 15/41) will help tire spin as well. Stock gearing spins like a BITCHHHH!!

a smaller swinger has what type of advantage on a track?... an di do think my clutch is fulkered up... same one since 01.. haha

360339[/snapback]

Stay with the 410's.Dude your problem is probably gearing and traction.If you are running on the pavement.Stay with the stock swingarm.1/8th mile,probably gearing should be at 15/41.Build a wheelie bar.Take off at wide open throttle and you should eat his lunch.Also for dirt,you need some better tires.Try either 4-snows or prowedge 2's.Don't use them on pavement.You should get alot better traction.Once again,another victory for you.You'll probably,with these tires,have to gear at 13/41 maybe even 12/41.Don't worry about the lower gearing,because these tires actually get taller while accelerating.Run them at 3 psi.Launch in second also.That will get you off the line quicker.A friend of mine has Pro-circuits on his stock cylinder banshee,and I've seen that bike beat piped yfz's(on top end) and alot of piped banshees.Everyone wants more power,but most forget about getting the whole bike dialed in.You could be making over a 100 hp.,but it's useless if you can't get it to hook up.I'm learning that the hard way.Mine's no 100 hp.,but it dynoed at 73.That was before some more tuning.With the 4-snows,mine will punish the wheelie bar.

Edited by RDZ350