Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm having jetting problems too ever since i went with the 35 pwk's. mine is a little spit sputtery from just a little off idle and till i build up some r's. this tells me that i'm rich. i can drop my needle all the way and no difference. i even tried just putzin' around with a 42 pilot. still no difference. i can turn my airscrews way out and make it a little better. i'm ready to call my buddy and see if he still has some 34 pj's to try. maybe jetting these things is something simple we haven't figured out yet or maybe they just suck. i'm just sick of not going ridin' because my shit isn't jetted right. i wanna be doing this :headbang: not this banghead

All I can think is you guys are all lucky.

I am stuck with my Mikuni 34mm round slide old school carbs and all alone with know one to swap ideas with.

I was and have a spot at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle i can't find the the right pilot so i started thinking i was rich on the cutway. it's a 2 and i do have a set of 3's i plan i testing soon after i read this thread.

oh i jetted down to 270 and i still can't pull 6th gear with a 14/44 in the sand very hard. 5th gear it pulls good but 6th is still soft. plugs are look pretty close too.

any ideas or question for me to help this loner out?

All I can think is you guys are all lucky.

I am stuck with my Mikuni 34mm round slide old school carbs and all alone with know one to swap ideas with.

I was and have a spot at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle i can't find the the right pilot so i started thinking i was rich on the cutway. it's a 2 and i do have a set of 3's i plan i testing soon after i read this thread.

oh i jetted down to 270 and i still can't pull 6th gear with a 14/44 in the sand very hard. 5th gear it pulls good but 6th is still soft. plugs are look pretty close too.

any ideas or question for me to help this loner out?

yes, get some keihins :D i dont know shit about mikunis.

maybe those 35's arn't the ticket....

I have a friend that has the same exact motor as mine, but he has the PJ34's....Same problem. I would like to buy some different slides, because I'm pretty sure that is where the problem lies. But I've just got too many irons in the fire right now. I have a lot of things I need to get done and they all cost money. These days it just seems there isn't enough money to go around. everytime I turn around some asshole wants 5 or 6 hundred bucks.

maybe those 35's arn't the ticket....

I have a friend that has the same exact motor as mine, but he has the PJ34's....Same problem. I would like to buy some different slides, because I'm pretty sure that is where the problem lies. But I've just got too many irons in the fire right now. I have a lot of things I need to get done and they all cost money. These days it just seems there isn't enough money to go around. everytime I turn around some asshole wants 5 or 6 hundred bucks.........

what elevation you guys riding at?.......mine at 2500 feet rips from idle to top end with a 50 pilot and a single K&N, needles in the center, if my air cleaner is dirty or oiled to much it will hesitate in the mids and sputter on top.......

We are at about 1000ft above sea level jetted at 170mains, 50 pilots,clip on needles one notch from bottom, with fmf fatties on mine and my brothers, toomeys on one of my friends, PC's on another one of my friends(hes runnin pj 34's not sure what jetting), and locogato is running rockets (not sure what he rejetted to after the rockets). We all seem to have the same problem.

We are at about 1000ft above sea level jetted at 170mains, 50 pilots,clip on needles one notch from bottom, with fmf fatties on mine and my brothers, toomeys on one of my friends, PC's on another one of my friends(hes runnin pj 34's not sure what jetting), and locogato is running rockets (not sure what he rejetted  to after the rockets). We all seem to have the same problem.

id go for a taller main, and try each needle position, go from the bottom to the top? you running 108 octane or better with 927? ive gone down to -500 feet below sea level and it ran fine all the way up to 4000 feet, up higher it wasnt as pipey but didnt fall off any where..... im running pc's, you guys should be able to ring it out and find a sweet spot, i know its not the porting, proquad and i dont have this problem, is it getting plenty of air?..if anything mabye signing off a little earlyer than an over reved drag port, would be jims motor, but break your arms from 2000 rpm up......its gotta be between the needle position and the air flow, fuckin strange?????....i hope you guys iron this out cause that dead center of the power band is where these passion engines really shine

Edited by Blue Duece

My plug chops look just about perfect maybe even a little rich. This dead spot I'm describing is a sort of rich blubber. For example.. When ridding along on pavement (or something that will hook up) in third gear at about 15 or 20 mph, if you nail it, it will start pulling like gang busters,until it hits the dead spot. Then it hesitates for a second, then starts pulling hard again.

I've had them damn needles everywhere but up my ass, and the difference it makes is after the hesitation has already occured. Which to me means slide cutaway.because I know my pilots are good. It never loads up, even if you idle around all day. And it dosen't require a whole lot of choking when the motor is cold, in fact I usually only choke one carb on cold starts,and it fires up on first or second kick EVERY TIME.

My plug chops look just about perfect maybe even a little rich. This dead spot I'm describing is a sort of rich blubber. For example.. When ridding along on pavement (or something that will hook up) in third gear at about 15 or 20 mph, if you nail it, it will start pulling like gang busters,until it hits the dead spot. Then it hesitates for a second, then starts pulling hard again.

I've had them damn needles everywhere but up my ass, and the difference it makes is after the hesitation has already occured. Which to me means slide cutaway.because I know my pilots are good. It never loads up, even if you idle around all day. And it dosen't require a whole lot of choking when the motor is cold, in fact I usually only choke one carb on cold starts,and it fires up on first or second kick EVERY TIME.

well lets hope the cutaway works then, id f*ck with the air also, what if the slid trick dont work?, can you get the r's up and keep it above the hesitation spot, is it only when you roll it on from low rpm's with no clutch..... mine geared 17/40 rolling on pavement at 20mph in second, snap the gas, no clutch it will stand on end with a -2 swingarm and 20" hole shots and pull just the left choke and boot it twice and it running, whats jim think? why would mine and a few other bikes run fine but not other people's, when you do solve this its going to be real intresting , good luck man

Yes, only when the throttle is rolled on that this dead spot occurs. Like I say it only lasts for like a second in the lower gears, but the higher the gear the longer it lasts. If you cruise down the road in 6th and roll it on it takes forever to get on the pipe, or if your going up a slight hill it wont get on the pipe at all. If you down shift and nail it it will blow the tires off. If you line up for a drag race and just pound it through the gears it goes like hell. only roll on power is affected.

Yes, only when the throttle is rolled on that this dead spot occurs. Like I say it only lasts for like a second in the lower gears, but the higher the gear the longer it lasts. If you cruise down the road in 6th and roll it on it takes forever to get on the pipe, or if your going up a slight hill it wont get on the pipe at all. If you down shift and nail it it will blow the tires off. If you line up for a drag race and just pound it through the gears it goes like hell. only roll on power is affected.

exactly. mines doing this shit exactly. ok i tried the leaner needles tonight and it ran like dog shit. i tried center and needle all the way up and it was running like poop. i ended up going back to whatever comes in the 35mm carbs. i have the richer needles but i dont think thats what it is. its gotta be rich. its not popping, just kinda a bogging hesitation deal until it comes back on. seems like everyone that has the 12 port around me is having this problem. ive had the needles all over and cant figure it out. im wondering maybe if its the humidity??? could that be it?? f*ck i dont know, im about out of ideas.

Well i don't have any porting yet.

But what 23champ describes is ->exactly<- what i have aswell.

Besides the hesitation my shee will load up when putting around in 2nd gear with 1/8 throttle.

The banshee starts bogging until i throttle up to 3/8 throttle.

I'm most certain a 25 pilot can't be too rich. when i go up with my needle the mid to top power is shitty. but the buildup is less noticeable

I'm thinking about the cutaway aswell.

Oh well basicly i have the same hesitation just before the "pipe"

-t5's

-K&N in stock airbox + powerlid

-boyeson reed petals.

-lightend flywheel

360 mains 25 pilot needle on 5th position 1 place back from RICHEST. (dynajet needle) in stock 26mm carbs

thats about all i can think of.

oh when i install my toomey db killer the buildup in the low throttle positions become worse.

banghead