Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

I have my bike all ready to go, enigine in and all, now trying to get the thing jetted right. Listed below is all my mods. I am running 175 mains with 48 pilots and needle 2 from the top. It wont idle at all and when you hammer it makes a "blah" noice. Am I way to rich? We tried messing with the idle screws, the fuel/air screws and all but the thing wont idle. soon as let off gas it dies? Any idea? Thanks...Chris

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raise the slides up by adjusting the cable at the throttle and use the adjusters at the carb tops.You'll have to mess with it a little but it works.Turn your air screws 1.5 turns and screw in your idle adjusts on the carbs 2 turns from all the way in.Take your filters off and see how much you are raising the slides.They don't have to be very far from the bottom to get a good idle.*Synching your carbs are important with this engine

It may sound a little unorthodox but it worked for me and it idles like a dream.Richening the needle helped with the bog.

What pipes do you have on the motor?I'm at sea level in case your higher up.

The blah could just be an airscrew issue.How far do you move the throttle to get the blah?Keep moving the air screw in 1/4 to 1/2 at a time while it's running.You should get it.

If your 1/2 to all the way in on the screws,stop screwin' and throw in one size larger pilots.

Make sure everything is adjusted or turned the same on both carbs.

When I took off the parking brake all I did was take the thing off the bar and pilled out cable. Im thinking that maybe there is some connectors or somehting that I didnt do. Guess I will try that tommorow to late to go dig out now. Anyone know???Thanks..Chris

I have my bike all ready to go, enigine in and all, now trying to get the thing jetted right. Listed below is all my mods. I am running 175 mains with 48 pilots and needle 2 from the top. It wont idle at all and when you hammer it makes a "blah" noice. Am I way to rich? We tried messing with the idle screws, the fuel/air screws and all but the thing wont idle. soon as let off gas it dies? Any idea? Thanks...Chris

50 on the pilots......take the slack outta your throttle cable to get it to idle till you get your jets right.....needle in the center position, sync the carbs, i tried dropping my pilots from 50's and it ran like pure shit, jims motor needs fuel and air.....

See that wasn't so bad ;) ! What pilots do you have in there now?If Jim sent you mains for break-in keep them in there for the 2 gallons of break-in.If you feel that you're too rich or lean on the needles,adjust to your needs but keep the main for now.

I'm still laughing a bit because you don't really know what you have yet.Till your done with break-in and hit that throttle! :lol: