Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far im liking the 17 a lot, and im running hillclimbs with it.

i like it too. seems to pull it, better than the lower teeth real smooth with tons of grunt still, long straights the fith gear pull makes you eyes water if your not wearing gogles, when you hit sixth yer doin 80+mph :headbang:

setup. If your not running K&N clamp ons then i suggest you give them a try. As soon as i went to clamp ons and jetted back to 178's and 48's with needle in middle position the flat spot was all but gone! I think i could probably fine tune it with a little richer tapered needle but it's running so good now i've decided to leave it alone :rolleyes:

mines got a single K&N, i used an inch and a half of jims intake instead of 3 inches...50 pilots.... needles in the middle and its punchy throught the power band :yank:

so far im liking the 17 a lot, and im running hillclimbs with it.

i like it too. seems to pull it, better than the lower teeth real smooth with tons of grunt still, long straights the fith gear pull makes you eyes water if your not wearing gogles, when you hit sixth yer doin 80+mph :headbang:

yea i know. its nuts. 6th gear is just crazy. i need to get my dead spot gone. its starting to really piss me off. someone said i need to change the needle, but i dont know what the f*ck needles i need.

LOCO...contact Sudco http://www.sudco.com/ and order a set of part # 017-049 needles otherwise known as EGJ tapered needles for the PWK 35.that is one taper angle richer(1/4 to 3/4 throttle), and one shank size richer(1/8-1/2 throttle) richer. If you feel your jetting is rich enough at 1/8-1/2 throttle order part # 017-046( EGK)..tell them your carbs currently have 48-DGK needles in case they get confused...Jim

Edited by PassionRE

Jim, This thing is a total beast. I'm very satisfied with my motor. Good info on the needles I'll order some on monday. I read through the Sudco booklet that came with the carbs and seems like one could order countless needles for the PWK 35's and still not get it right. I made a mistake of riding through my back lawn with your motor and lets say it makes a great tiller!

LOCO...contact Sudco http://www.sudco.com/ and order a set of part # 017-049 needles otherwise known as EGJ tapered needles for the PWK 35.that is one taper angle richer(1/4 to 3/4 throttle), and one shank size richer(1/8-1/2 throttle) richer. If you feel your jetting is rich enough at 1/8-1/2 throttle order part # 017-046( EGK)..tell them your carbs currently have 48-DGK needles in case they get confused...Jim

sweet thanks jim. thats exactly what i need to know. come monday im gonna get some ordered up. other than the middle your engine flat out hauls. its fuckin sweet :headbang:

Glad you like it Brian!...that tiller situation is probably a good thing in disguise, otherwise you and others would be looping those strokers constantly. Honestly, from an old man perspective, you would have to be half crazy to even want to hit 5th gear with anything from a 16 or up on the counter....Jim

The dead spot on mine is in the same spot of the powerband as everyone on here has described, but mine seems to me like its rich not lean. This would require a leaner needle,which I purchased the same time as the carbs. BUT i have tried both needles,and ended up going back to the richer needle, because the dead spot is before the needle takes play in the jetting circut. This leads me to believe it's in the slide cutaway, I think one step leaner slide would do the trick...#8 I think... Only problem is they're like $60 each. Thats 120 bones for something that might not fix the problem.

The dead spot on mine is in the same spot of the powerband as everyone on here has described, but mine seems to me like its rich not lean. This would require a leaner needle,which I purchased the same time as the carbs. BUT i have tried both needles,and ended up going back to the richer needle, because the dead spot is before the needle takes play in the jetting circut. This leads me to believe it's in the slide cutaway, I think one step leaner slide would do the trick...#8 I think... Only problem is they're like $60 each. Thats 120 bones for something that might not fix the problem.

well f*ck. i just ordered a couple different needles. i think mine is too rich also. but i bought a leaner and richer needle than what i have now. i hate the spot and i cant get it to go away. some people dont have this problem and im wondering why. 23champ, what carbs you running? anyone else that doesnt have this problem what carbs are you running???

I have PWK35's on mine. The more I think of it I have that dead spot also. With a 15/41 and 22" pro wedge tires I have a hard time taking off in second.

you shouldnt have any problem. i recently got a set of 22" 4 snows and im takin off in the tacky dirt in 2nd with no problems. its spinning them like they arent even there with 16/41 gearing. with 17/41 gearing mine will spin 20" fast trekkers on the pavement with stock length swinger. what is your jetting at right now and what sea level? im at 1000 feet above. 50 pilot, needle all the way up, 175 mains. the needle isnt right but it runs the same no matter where its at.