Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

I'd prefer to not let this topic die. I have been able to tune out most if not all of the hiccup, but it did take a switch to a larger carb also.

I'd like to hear more about the reed spacers. I know what reed spacers do, my question would be when does the trade off of crank case volume overide crank case pressure?

If there is more to be had from this motor, I would love to find it. I figured there are enough of these motors on here, that we can try just about every set-up to see what does and does not work.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my cylinders at passion right now for the 12-port stroker... seems many are having issues with jetting.. i knew this from the start so.. my question is would it be worth it to take it to the dyno right after assembly to dial in the jetting? I've never been to a dyno before so I dont know how it all works.. do they provide the jets? Do they tell me when I am spot on? I'd rather not be fiddling at home with jets all day long since the nearest riding area is over an hour away it makes it hard to jet bikes in.

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone has a set of egt gauges hooked up, it would be real interesting to watch the exhaust temperatures before,during and after this "flat spot". try doing this in 5th or 6th gear while rolling on the throttle where the problem is more noticeable.it may tell the story on whether it's a rich or lean problem.