Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

Hey banshee brian. How long swing you have on yours? Also is a 16/41 sprocket good for about 500' sand drags

dont know about him, but im runnin a stock length swinger on mine right now with 17/41 gearing. it pulls so hard off the line taking out in either 1st or 2nd on concrete. if you are doing 500' drags id say either a 16 or 17 up front. hell just try them both and see which you like better. so far im liking the 17 a lot, and im running hillclimbs with it.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running 16/40 sprockets with a stock swingarm for now but will slap on my +2 for kicks later on.The power of the Passion motor is delivered so smoothly throughout acceleration that you can run a stock setup and still maintain control.Conditions vary on the hillclimbs up here.They can be packed dirt,loose granular,wet sand,drysand.I might have to change sprockets sometimes to put that "Passion pull" to the ground.

Chris I wish I could tell you what would work on 500' sand drags.You will have to try out a series of sprockets to find the right setup.

Loco,did you check out neha2711.com? Those climbers are all business!

i have looked 2 times but cant find any video or pictures. do you have a link that goes straight to them?? do i have to go to each individual city?? i think ive seen a video of greenfield. is there a guy there that runs a banshee with orange fullbores on it? if so that hill looks real weak. i think it had one little jump at the bottom??

Edited by locogato11283

Go to quobaug riders and they have some pics of different quad climbs.Some of the hills are for speed and not very steep.AMA likes to throw in some small mounds to mess with you.They do it just to humor themselves more than anything. That dude you see on the orange shee gets some of the best times on the circuit.He's old school.

I will be the only sole with a Passion motor on the circuit and plan to make a big entrance when I do.These boys are in love with their cheetah setups.

Should my front end come up with a +6 swing, stock tires, and 16/41 gearing on asphault? It Roasts the tires then goes!! I think my jetting is close but not dead on. No space to do WOT or anything yet. My jetting is 175 mains, 50 pilot and 2nd notch from top

Should my front end come up with a +6 swing, stock tires, and 16/41 gearing on asphault? It Roasts the tires then goes!! I think my jetting is close but not dead on. No space to do WOT or anything yet. My jetting is 175 mains, 50 pilot and 2nd notch from top

no your front end should not come up. i have a stock one on right now with 17/41 gearing and i can dump it on the road and itll just spin. if i hooked up id be fucked tho. your jetting is the same as mine.

Should my front end come up with a +6 swing, stock tires, and 16/41 gearing on asphault?  It Roasts the tires then goes!!  I think my jetting is close but not dead on.  No space to do WOT or anything yet.  My jetting is 175 mains, 50 pilot and 2nd notch from top

no your front end should not come up. i have a stock one on right now with 17/41 gearing and i can dump it on the road and itll just spin. if i hooked up id be fucked tho. your jetting is the same as mine.

i think you should be able to loop it still in 1st or second, im geared 17/40 with a -2 swingarm and on pavment if i wind second to the rafters and snap third off i need to lean up or get ready to flip, thats with holeshots, but on the other hand can lean far forward off a slow roll and can smoke my tires well into third, youd think with that long a swing arm the front end would lift but be far from flipping, i think like locco said about dumping the clutch, it matters if you speed shift or feather your clutch, dumping the clutch it acts different then if you kinda slip it, and if you have stock plates or not

I have 175mains, 48 pilot and needle in the middle position. It has a slight hesitation at 1/4=1/4 throttle. Try Air screw or what? Thanks..Chris

ive got the same problem. mines got a bog in the middle and i cant get rid of it. its startin to piss me off. i have tried the needle all over and cant seem to get rid of that dead spot. wish i could, itd be nice to be able to go from a rolling start and whoop some ass.

change your cut away angle on your slide up a degree, and then retune carbs, im not sure of how the carbs you guys are using are desighned but if you take off the air box you should see on the bottom side off the carbs some holes, the one that feeds air to the piolet sercutry is the air correction circut ,use a smaller number jet or plug it and give that a try!

I have 175mains, 48 pilot and needle in the middle position.  It has a slight hesitation at 1/4=1/4 throttle.  Try Air screw or what?  Thanks..Chris

ive got the same problem. mines got a bog in the middle and i cant get rid of it. its startin to piss me off. i have tried the needle all over and cant seem to get rid of that dead spot. wish i could, itd be nice to be able to go from a rolling start and whoop some ass.

I've tried to jet out that flat spot for months and couldnt get it out untill i changed the airfilter setup. If your not running K&N clamp ons then i suggest you give them a try. As soon as i went to clamp ons and jetted back to 178's and 48's with needle in middle position the flat spot was all but gone! I think i could probably fine tune it with a little richer tapered needle but it's running so good now i've decided to leave it alone :rolleyes:

That looks like a good setup but I wanted the best airflow possible for the motor so i went with the dual pod filters.Plus i don't like anything stock for intake.Personal preference issue.

I'm at sea level(500ft) and i have a feeling that a slightly different taper on the needle will do the trick to solve the bog. The trick is choosing the appropriate needle.Jetting is great here in New England because the weather has been 80-85 degrees for the past month.

Loco,looking at your carbs i noticed your idle adjusts are brass and not plastic.I have the plastic and the flathead chews it up good.

That looks like a good setup but I wanted the best airflow possible for the motor so i went with the dual pod filters.Plus i don't like anything stock for intake.Personal preference issue.

I'm at sea level(500ft) and i have a feeling that a slightly different taper on the needle will do the trick to solve the bog. The trick is choosing the appropriate needle.Jetting is great here in New England because the weather has been 80-85 degrees for the past month.

Loco,looking at your carbs i noticed your idle adjusts are brass and not plastic.I have the plastic and the flathead chews it up good.

yea i may end up gettin some pod filters. i just ddnt wanna pay for them. <_< where can you get them to fit a 35 mm carb? also. the idle adjust is plastic. you just cant see it very well in the picture. i talked to proquad and he said the same thing about the needle. thing is that i dont have a fuckin clue as to which needle i need. hell i didnt know they made that much of a difference.