Top Speeds?

theandyman05

ive gotten 105, clocked ......with a real fuckin good steering stabilizer 80+ horses and geared 17/40, im gonna go with what NYUK is hinting some kid with pipes aint pullin no 17/37, its just not happenning that bike would peter off after having the clutch feathered to shit in fourth and would never see sixth.......some people dont realize stock gearing wont do 100 no matter what mods you do.....my bike geared stock will do 75mph, it gets there awfull quick, but wont go any faster...... :cheers:

I'm with blue on this one. Man you would have to have one pissed off banshee to go over 100mph, I just don't see a stock banshee, hell I don't see a piped and ported banshee with stock gears getting anywhere near 100mph. If you have one I want to see you go 100mph and then take your engine apart.

me neither..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if you could ring that fucker out to 11000 g's stock gearing 20" tires it would only do 90.......

check out this mph calc..........pro quad's shee will pull a 17 or taller so he could do over 100, but you fuckin even blink at that speed and yer toast

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/banshee.htm

Edited by Blue Duece

I've got an '01 with t5's and ofr race porting and i've run 85 mph in the 1000ft. with stock gearing. Just to let u know the equivalency a stock ford lightning runs 11.40's in the 1000 ft and my shee runs it in 11.25.

That's good enough for me. :headbang:

11.25 on gas? you scan me a timeslip of that?

takes a really long freakin time to get it into 6th, probably half mile or more, then 3/4 to a mile to get the front walking really bad, it finnaly scares the piss outta me near a mile, thats where theres no more go left in it. its not very practical, im workin on geting 19 inch tires and fixin the ratios back closer to stock. i talked to the guys i bought it off of, and yes, they purposely fixed it like that. oh, and its not just pipes, whoever said that, (pro-design cool heads, whites bro's boost bottle, wisco pistons bored over .020, extended swingarm(+2 i think) and of course toomey t-5's), and i had my brother reclock me in a 200 foot time trap, and its actually closer to 99 than 98 according to my numbers, 1.38 seconds for 200 feet? is that about right?

takes a really long freakin time to get it into 6th, probably half mile or more, then 3/4 to a mile to get the front walking really bad, it finnaly scares the piss outta me near a mile, thats where theres no more go left in it. its not very practical, im workin on geting 19 inch tires and fixin the ratios back closer to stock. i talked to the guys i bought it off of, and yes, they purposely fixed it like that. oh, and its not just pipes, whoever said that, (pro-design cool heads, whites bro's boost bottle, wisco pistons bored over .020, extended swingarm(+2 i think) and of course toomey t-5's), and i had my brother reclock me in a 200 foot time trap, and its actually closer to 99 than 98 according to my numbers, 1.38 seconds for 200 feet? is that about right?

all the boost bottles in the world wont add 20 mph to your top speed.....if your bansh is not built it wont pull the gearing to do a 100...unless maybe you got a 100 mph wind at your back

takes a really long freakin time to get it into 6th, probably half mile or more, then 3/4 to a mile to get the front walking really bad, it finnaly scares the piss outta me near a mile, thats where theres no more go left in it.  its not very practical, im workin on geting 19 inch tires and fixin the ratios back closer to stock. i talked to the guys i bought it off of, and yes, they purposely fixed it like that. oh, and its not just pipes, whoever said that, (pro-design cool heads, whites bro's boost bottle, wisco pistons bored over .020, extended swingarm(+2 i think) and of course toomey t-5's), and i had my brother reclock me in a 200 foot time trap, and its actually closer to 99 than 98 according to my numbers, 1.38 seconds for 200 feet? is that about right?

all the boost bottles in the world wont add 20 mph to your top speed.....if your bansh is not built it wont pull the gearing to do a 100...unless maybe you got a 100 mph wind at your back

so far i still havent heard of how that banshee will pull those high gears. pipes and boost bottles arent gonna allow you to do it. i need a video and a radar gun for proof.

I went to the drags Friday night and the fastest time I got in 1/8 is 8.586 at 81.90, I know I have 70 hp and the most I could get was 87mph with a 17/39 I know that some guys are going 100mph but I would have to say everybody that says they are going way over 100mph are full of shit. If you think you going like 110 or more I say prove it.

Before I got my head shaved and bored out and ported i was running 140 km/h beside a friends motorcycle. Thats 86 MPH. Thats with a 13 tooth front and a 41 rear. Thats pinned right out for about 3/4 of a mile I had nothing left. I might drop a bigger front sprocket on mine now that I have the guts to pull it.

Before I got my head shaved and bored out and ported i was running 140 km/h beside a friends motorcycle. Thats 86 MPH. Thats with a 13 tooth front and a 41 rear. Thats pinned right out for about 3/4 of a mile I had nothing left. I might drop a bigger front sprocket on mine now that I have the guts to pull it.

I think you better have your friend check the calibration on that street bike. :rolleyes: The guy I bought my shee from was going on about how it would go 110. I questioned him a little bit and his answer was that his friends car was right next to him going 110. :yank: Besides, I recently took my 13 tooth front sprocket off due to lack of speed and over-reving every gear.

I went to the drags Friday night and the fastest time I got in 1/8 is 8.586 at 81.90, I know I have 70 hp and the most I could get was 87mph with a 17/39 I know that some guys are going 100mph but I would have to say everybody that says they are going way over 100mph are full of shit. If you think you going like 110 or more I say prove it.

proquad your bike will do a 100 no problem' just aint ever gonna happen in 300 feet

I'm not on this forum trying to bullshit you, I went wide open doen a road by a motorcycle and thats how fast i was going according to my friend. The bike has always worked good, and I dont have a tach to see how many rpm im going or a GPS, I just pinned it and seen how fast he was going. I'm not claiming its the best way to see how fast youre going, but it should be somewhat close.