Banshee Vs. Yfz450

Ok here is the deal all of you know that the Banshee is the best quad ever since 1987 it has had some compeditors in the past and all have been shut down. My father has a 2001 Raptor and I beat that easyhands down. My brother just friday bought a 2004 YFZ450 and I was like another one bites the dust. In preporation I bought a pair of TR6's to really shut the 450 down. Well the news isn't good at all even with the pipes we are DEAD EVEN!!!!!! There are some discrempicies though if i'm in 6th sitting right under the power band and then hit it i will walk away from him but from a dead stop were dead even. he will get a litle ahead then i'l get ahead when switching gears in the end we are head to head. i'm running my holeshots xc's 20inch if i throw on my holeshots xct's 22inch i'll walk away from him but i have to change something to beat him. So in the end a stock banshee will geat eaten up by a YFZ 450. Those of you who will argue with this statement. DONT I dont lie it is the truth there are no if's and's or but's about it. We were on a flat gravel road long enough go really test the machines. So thats it guys be prepaired to go up against one hopefully luck will be on your side. 1badshee350racer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they r extremely fast...

Stock for stock the shee doesn't stand a chance :cry:

I have ridden 1 but, I like my shee's powerband and I have to much $$ tied up in mine.....

I'd say that's a very accurate account. With Gnarlies going up a very steep and long hill, stock gearing, I could only pull 4th and the YZF could pull 5th so they would slowly but steadily walk off and leave me towards the top. :cry: I've got some passion porting, taller gears, and a high rev pipe planned in the near future and I doubt a pipes YZF will beat me then! ;)

What gears are you running? I think with a 39 rear and a 14 front you would do better against him, until he gets a pipe. Those things are fast, but a piped banshee geared correctly will beat it. That is stock YFZ450 against a piped shee. But put a pipe on the 450, and the tide changes again. The days of a piped Shee beating a piped anything else are over. But the shee still has more things you can do to it for now. So for not that much, you could open up a can on him, and it would take a lot of dough for him to catch up.

i'm running the stock gear well aftermarket sprockets but i am thinking of changing them. he is planning to purchase a Rossiair pipe so im fucked and i'm broke after buying the TR6's. but he is broke after buying the 450 so we will see who gets the "green" first will catch the checker flag. oh ya a other side note about the 450 there is about a 1/4 inch of padding on the seat so his ass hurt so much after the first time riding. i thought it was funny as hell so thats the first aftermarket part he is getting LOL

ya there definetly the fastest 4 stroke ive ever riden my brother bought one and we draged w/ it was stock and i took him easly after 3rd gear but then he piped it ,jet and air box mods included and now were pretty even untill 5th then i can pull him pretty good till he backs off he likes to think race is over in 4th gear i still love my shee but they are competive and fun to ride with as long as im sittin on my shee! :headbang:

Its still true, if you spend the same $$ on a banshee that you will on a YFZ450 you SHOULD win...But the 450 does have some good points for those people that don't mind the uncomfortable seat, or the 4 stroke power band.

How do they stack up to banshees at the hill? I have only sceen them racing the Sand Drags, tehy are fast but not like some of those banshees...

I doubt that gearing alone will let a shee walk away with a win with just pipes.  450's are fast.  End of story.  it takes a ported bike to beat a 450 in a drag race.  Pipes alone will simply not do it.....

very true. i have raced numerous time against ported banshees and many times have won. a lot depends on terrain and shit but most of the time the 450 will win it. they are fast, they just dont have that feel of 2 stroke power. i like my 450 but id let it go before my banshee or cr500 banshee.

I doubt that gearing alone will let a shee walk away with a win with just pipes.  450's are fast.  End of story.  it takes a ported bike to beat a 450 in a drag race.  Pipes alone will simply not do it.....

very true. i have raced numerous time against ported banshees and many times have won. a lot depends on terrain and shit but most of the time the 450 will win it. they are fast, they just dont have that feel of 2 stroke power. i like my 450 but id let it go before my banshee or cr500 banshee.

Amen! :clap: