Banshee Vs. Yfz450

I don't know, My buddy just bought a 450 and I bet him :D , but If he put's pipes on it I think he will beat me :angry: .. I don't think that they will be able to do as many up grade's on it to make it much faster.. So I think that the Shee will always be able to be faster... I don't know will see...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what? in 2 years yamaha is gonna just come out with another 4-stroke with more balls to beat the 450. plain and fuckin simple. the banhee will soon be old news. in 5 years they will be smoked like a fine qubin cegar by the "NEW" ATV. things will always be progressing. soon it will be illegal to ride two strokes(not for a little while though). i would have probably got a used 450 but there too damn expensive unless there trashed. rambling on.... :unsure:

I agree......I hate to think of ever letting go of My Shee. There is NOT one quad that has that Killer look about it.

Check this out guys.......I took my shee to the shop to have a few things done that my tool collection couldnt fix. I came out of the Quad shop to take my shee around to the unloading ramp with my truck and as I rounded the corner people stared, and I heard a kid scream to his Dad......"WOW....DAD LOOK!! This kid was around 9-10 yrs old I would guess. He ran across the lot to my truck and stood there with wide eyes staring and said ........"Is that a Banshee?"....I mean Loudly too...LOL. I didnt have Banshee name graphics on my fenders ...just Flames. I told him "yes" and as he stared he kept saying ....SOOO Killer..... way cool quad. At that momment I thought to myself..."Now there is a future Banshee Owner in years to come".

It felt so cool to see a youg kid as he was drooling over the Shee instead of the 450's sitting by the shops entrance. I'm proud to be part of the Banshee riders community and this HQ...... :headbang:

Edited by Klotzban1

Right on...........I'd like to shake the hand of the person who designed the Banshee. I bet he never thought in a million years that this Machine would haunt all other Quads this long. We all seen Quads come and go,...But SHEE still lives. I know the shee has been out for a long time and I dont even want to think that Shee has to be removed from the production line. I think that its a big mistake, unless they are planning to bring the Shee back in a SUPER FAST 1200 series. I always hear people around me saying...."Banshees are a thing of the past". My Question is....." What is there to ride in kick ass stlye in future years to come when Banshees are few?" LOL.....I'm not into SPACE JET CYCLES. I'm sure that there will be people wishing that the Banshee would come back. There are future generations of riders like that young kid waiting for the day he is old enough to experience this machines G's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hmm i took a piped, jeted and filtered 450 wit my shee. the 450 was geard down tooth on the front and 18in tires .

my bike has .080 over bore with wisecos , bored carbs, toomey t-5s, degree key, ricky stator, and k&n clamp ons , stock reeds, stock head, and no porting . i have a 2 tooth bigger front sprocket and 22s out back .

i beat the 450 . i thought you needed porting and all the other stuff ? i even out weigh theguy by over 100 lb.

maybe mine is a freak shee :headbang:

josh

i dont know if theres such a thing as a "hot motor" but i beat a 450r with fmf slip on 5 times, but a stock yfz beat me by 3 bike lengths :wacko: i dont think that the 450r rider was that good he looked about 15.There was a hot chick on a 450r and a full fatboy pipe (thats all i could tell it had done to it) she was smoking me by 5 bike lenghts :shootself: .and there was this crapter with custom streight pipes so loud i couldent hear my motor :angry: .There was this kid with t5's beating stock 450's and keeping up with piped ones.and the new artic cats suck balls i beat one with a pc slip on by 3 bike lenghts :jesterlaugh: so so funny.but my point is if your not mx and just going in streight line the banshee is the way to go cuz you can take the money you did not spend on the 450 and mod your Shee :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

i'll tell u what those things move i was at coalfest and there was one with a cam, pipe, jetted, k&n, and some meaty tires on we had some drags and that thing had me 1 time until i dumped it in 3rd with stock gearing and i was gone. I have 404bigbore, very mild port, coolhead (race gas),k&n clamp-ons, 4+key,t5's, and my buddy has a 450 full pipe, jetted and k&n and we race on a abandon runway and if u miss a gear it's goe till 6th. its all about the launch a piped shee vs piped 450 can win with the perfect drag no missing gears and good lauch but those sob are fast .

Powerband like a shee? i ride my friends shee all the time and its like beating a dead horse compared to my 450 both of my buddies one has a stock one and one has pro cicuit pipes k&N's bigger carbs all that good stuff and i still waste him untill top end it sucks to have hi rpms to hit the powerband.Another thing is those shees like to drink gas like a local at the bar....I'n time the shees are getting old but they still are one bad mother fuc*er if you cant beat a yfz450 go try the trx450r and if you can beat the yfz still go find the 450r because you'll put a whoopin on those haha i say its liek this short race 450 will win long race shee will win....The shee has so many mods to it because look how long its been around there are mods you can do to the 450 almost the same as the shee. shes will never die if you ask me but they are slowly aging and becoming old news in the atv world.

Fourth of July, I got my first chance to race a 450 at the north sand hills in Walden, CO, And I think if I had just stood on the bars to get off the line, I would have eaten him(or well all three of them) but instead I just managed to keep up. not long after, I managed to lose a tranny drain plug, and end my weekend. so now we are going to upgrade a litte bit whilst we have the thing apart. Next time I see a 450, I will laugh as as I spit sand at him from a distance with my Geckos! :bolt: