Mix match

penguin

The only thing that matters are the numbers.

There 2 different halves no matter what.

Green is about recreate Alice's restaurant massacree with picture and arrows and paragraphs.

The numbers are different.

Different case halves.

Case closed.

Now what happened from here is up to the buyer and seller.

• Like 1

Any sand blast of cases can remove chit

26333a8d5470f8227c0ca6a1aa4375c8.jpgi got one more set somewhere i have to find yet but im still not seeing these "vin#s" yet. And im almost 100% certain my 10mil mtr didnt have them either. I had that mtr apart 10times before they got coated so im fairly certain id of noticed them specially with my ocd

Correct. It's no doubt in my mind the cases are mixed matched and cannot be used. Period. the question now is was it done before or after the seller got them. I know I didn't swap them. I have to make an airport run today and I'm sure this this will weigh on my mind till I get back. I'm not gonna loose sleep over it. But at same time I don't want to discredit someone if I don't have proof to back up my claim. That's why I started this post to get other opinions. Then it escalated to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is bullshit, they're not mismatched cases. I personally took the motor apart and it was just as it had been assembled from Yamaha. They're the same two case halves from start to finish. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that i bought another set of cases or case half just to ship out.

Look at the case numbers. They are mixed.

26333a8d5470f8227c0ca6a1aa4375c8.jpgi got one more set somewhere i have to find yet but im still not seeing these "vin#s" yet. And im almost 100% certain my 10mil mtr did have them either. I had that mtr apart 10times before they got coated so im fairly certain id of noticed them specially with my ocd

They certainly aren't deep and can be buffed with a Scotch Brite Pad. It appears there is a flat smooth spot where the texture is gone. Possible they were removed. It really doesn't take much. I've even seen guys clean the area and Magna Flux the area to pull numbers. As long as that motor is running and staying together it's no big deal though.

They certainly aren't deep and can be buffed with a Scotch Brite Pad. It appears there is a flat smooth spot where the texture is gone. Possible they were removed. It really doesn't take much. I've even seen guys clean the area and Magna Flux the area to pull numbers. As long as that motor is running and staying together it's no big deal though.

i agree 100%. Just kinda surprised i never seen or noticed these numbers before.

they do look similar, now compare the actual casting marks just to the right side where the shift drum bearing sits.. the casting marks are different there.  then on other side look at the shift shaft seal  they appear to be different, and the original pic shows the natural cover missing and my pic shows it still in it. and bolts are still dirty so they have not been removed or installed. I prefer to sole this peacefully and that's why posted this up to get opinions.. 

they do look similar, now compare the actual casting marks just to the right side where the shift drum bearing sits.. the casting marks are different there. then on other side look at the shift shaft seal they appear to be different, and the original pic shows the natural cover missing and my pic shows it still in it. and bolts are still dirty so they have not been removed or installed. I prefer to sole this peacefully and that's why posted this up to get opinions..

SIMILAR? So 2 complete different lower cases just magically have the same marks? FFS

All I know is that the cases I took pictures of and sent are one in the same. I'd never disassembled a set before so stuff like the neutral switch cover being off. I replaced it before I shipped it out. I never intentionally did a damn thing to deceive anyone