Mix match

penguin

Definitely not a matched set. However if nobody advertised them as a matched set and nobody asked if they were matched, it's a bit of a grey area. Dunno, this is why I don't sell old junk.

This.

You also just saw that 3 people that have been around a while didn't even know how to check for a matched set. So it's possible he didn't even know how to check

I think when you buy Shee cases, you want matched cases. it would be very fucked up to tell buyer : 'dude, i didnt say they were matched in the add'

If it's the case, that guy should be punched in the kisser.

Ya fuct up if someone sold mixed up junk. Buy new or buy from a sponsor used. WC ATV is legit and so is Yamaha

do not mix match cases, they are lined bored for a reason.  you run the risk of putting either the crank or the trans in a bind if not both. I have seen it done on stock motors and they got away with it, and I have seen it done and it caused the crank to blow the bearings out of one side.  you got a 50/50 shot at it working.  if your building up a hot motor I advise heavily not to do it. for me  I will not period I don't want to gamble on a 1k crankshaft or a 2k cylinder etc..  just aint worth the gamble...  if your on a budget build get ready to loose your budget..     

• Like 2

This is an email from this idiot. Hello Bryan,

Cases are a definite matched set disassembled from a complete motor. Difference in coloration is not a valid indicator or reason for requesting a refund. The case is exactly as described, 100% matching except for a difference in coloration which is purely an aesthetic issue that absolutely will not affect the performance in any way. This was discussed with you previously, at which time you chose to keep the cases. The cases were sold as is with no warranty or guarantee which is fairly standard due to the high performance nature of the parts in question. We recommend that you find a qualified professional to assist you with your project. Have a nice day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hell no  I will never gift a payment to anybody...  it obvious he not going to do whats rite here.  his name is john myer screen name is green95lx   he will sell you bullshit parts.  I bet the peg fitting he claims he made prolly are not his and someone he knows did it for him to take credit for.. hell he still thinks mixing cases wont hurt anything to run them     true fucking idiot  

• Like 1

This is bullshit, they're not mismatched cases. I personally took the motor apart and it was just as it had been assembled from Yamaha. They're the same two case halves from start to finish. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that i bought another set of cases or case half just to ship out.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that case either, once it's cleaned good with some aluminum brightener or cleaner. They're most certainly not mismatched. I'm sorry that the color doesn't match perfectly. Don't most people paint or PC them any way?

• Like 1

And for the record I damn sure did make the footpeg inserts myself. I took the measurements, made the little drawings and then turned them. I shared the dimensions with everyone and sold the extra ones I had.

There's nothing wrong with those cases functionally. aside from the coloration which won't affect their function.