Mix match

penguin

I'm not going to bother with this any more. Bottom line is cases are mixed matched. I'm partially to blame for not asking if they were a matching set. I assumed they were. I will call it a lesson learned and now that I know what to look for I won't have this to worry about again. I will close the PayPal claim and close the issue. Thanks to everyone for your opinion.

They were a complete motor minus the cylinders and pistons that I got. I didn't know about the engraved numbers on the cases. I only had one set of case halves (2) that makes up (1) complete case. I never switched or substituted anything. At this point I cannot be sure that any pictures of the engraved numbers are in fact the same ones I sent because the OP by his own admission has other sets himself. They're the exact same cases, it's been shown that they are the same ones that I took pictures of and sent. If they were indeed mismatched then they were mismatched and then reassembled into a complete motor. The original two issues that he had have since been forgotten and it seems to me that it's win at any cost to prove a point now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to bother with this any more. Bottom line is cases are mixed matched. I'm partially to blame for not asking if they were a matching set. I assumed they were. I will call it a lesson learned and now that I know what to look for I won't have this to worry about again. I will close the PayPal claim and close the issue. Thanks to everyone for your opinion.

And honestly I believe to the best of my knowledge they are matching. I never substituted any other case half, I only had two in my possession ever. If the engraved numbers truely do not match then that was beyond my knowledge. All I can say is that I never intentionally tried to deceive anyone. I just wanted sell these parts. I've never done anyone wrong or misrepresented. Now I'm a bad seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny part is... 95% of the people on here didnt even know you could potentially ID your cases if they are in fact a matching.

I bet a good chunk of people are running mixed cases without knowing it....

Sadly... when you do sell used shit..... this is always the type of BS your going to deal with, un happy buyers and or something you thought was "good" isnt so for one reason or another.

Now on the other side of the fence... when your buying used shit..... this is the type of shit you need to expect and you need to realize that UNLESS you ASK its not going to be said or checked.

I think at this point its pretty damn clear the seller had no clue it was a mixed set. EVEN if buyer had asked if it was, shit I wouldnt of even known how to see if they where matched or not until this thread.

Agreed about ppl not knowing how to I.D. them but when you have proof that they are not matching and all he simply wants is a refund and he'll send parts back. I mean isn't that how it's supposed to work...? I'm not saying the buyer isn't at fault for not asking either but if the sellers parts are in good use able shape idk he won't refund and just sell them to someone else is all...
  • Like 1

I had a windycity type post typed up but deleted it. I'll keep it short IMO the buyer is more at fault. He agreed to spend money for the parts pictured. If those are the same parts in the photo and his discription didn't intentionally mislead thin tough shit. I agreed to sell a guy a chain it ended up costing more to ship the chain then I got for the chain I did it anyway because we agreed on the sale.

The cases offered for sale are the SAME cases that the buyer received.............. It was not disclosed in the add that they were, or were not, a matched set. It is the buyers responsibility to ask clarifying questions prior to making a deal. Why you would spend 170 on used cases is beyond me! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a possible explanation to the discoloring.

Green, How did you clean the case before sending?

I don't know if I've ever shipped just cases. I think it's always been complete motors. I have a few sets of cases I'd like to ship, but I'm lazy, so they reside in the scrap pile under the bench. But, if I was going to, they would probably get blasted with enough brake klean to warrant a call from the EPA.