Interesting read on carbon fiber control arm manufacturing.

trickedcarbine

You have to remember that mild steel and chromoly weight the same per foot when comparing same wall thickness. The tensile strength is close to double of mild steel though. Your weight savings comes with smaller diameter tubing or thinner wall.

Sent by me FFS from Tapacrap

• Like 2

Honest question, how much lighter is a full Moly chassis for the few extra grand? I'm all for doing one if its drastic, but if we're talking less then 10 lbs difference between a chassis like JT built and a full moly set up it seems kinda steep. I was honestly looking do do a chassis for $7,500-8,000.

Stock bare frame only, 46lbs

Lightened stock around 32lbs

Lsr stock geo removable subframe 31lbs.

The lsr would most likley have more bracing at the same weight and a welded sub would be a little lighter i would think.

Since you're going after every gram JT, why doesn't your bike have a TI one of these like F1 cars do? As the smartest person on BHQ you should be able to write the Gcode in your sleep. 

gearbox_RA106_honda_F1_gear_selector_bar

Oh wait, too bad you won't see this post. 

. Tricked I'm done posting here. 

Edited by Whitbread

Since you're going after every gram JT, why doesn't your bike have a TI one of these like F1 cars do? As the smartest person on BHQ you should be able to write the Gcode in your sleep.

gearbox_RA106_honda_F1_gear_selector_bar

Oh wait, too bad you won't see this post.

Done posting about his shit. But def have no prob replying to peeps dropping my name. Ur doin good at trolling wid ur posts tho

Some of us walk the walk and others just talk it.

There are only a handful of us that have experience with lightweight chassis and builds.

Yes you have the guy that gets on here with ZERO experience on the matter and puts his two cents in.

Most of us that have lightweight builds now have progressed from OEM to OEM modified to chassis bikes.

If that's not enough experience/knowledge I don't know what is.

But by all means, let's listen to the guy who doesn't like what he's reading.

Some of us walk the walk and others just talk it.

There are only a handful of us that have experience with lightweight chassis and builds.

Yes you have the guy that gets on here with ZERO experience on the matter and puts his two cents in.

Most of us that have lightweight builds now have progressed from OEM to OEM modified to chassis bikes.

If that's not enough experience/knowledge I don't know what is.

But by all means, let's listen to the guy who doesn't like what he's reading.

Right on. I get that folks are just trying to say that they've built ten stock frames and wish they just did a full moly set up from the get go, instead of wasting time and money on a modded stocker. At this point I'm all in, and making calls. Just gonna have to keep the side work flowing to make up the difference.

FYI, Whitbread builds race cars for a living.... So whether folks like it or not, that fucker can wipe his ass with just about anybody's fab skills here with the exception of just a handful of fellas.

FYI, Whitbread builds race cars for a living.... So whether folks like it or not, that fucker can wipe his ass with just about anybody's fab skills here with the exception of just a handful of fellas.

Im sure he does good on RaceCarHQ. But this is BHQ. His post of info was whack. Now if he has fab skills cool, but without knowledge for design per application that is all a waste of talent

Right on. I get that folks are just trying to say that they've built ten stock frames and wish they just did a full moly set up from the get go, instead of wasting time and money on a modded stocker. At this point I'm all in, and making calls. Just gonna have to keep the side work flowing to make up the difference.

You're dead on. We are trying to help you save money because we've been there and wasted the money.

As far as Whitbread goes, I don't doubt his fab skills one bit. They look very legit.

But if he doesn't own or hasn't built a lightweight chassis/setup, his input in this post is basically useless.