Interesting read on carbon fiber control arm manufacturing.

trickedcarbine

Material component to application choice and quality are super important. Strength and weight per application is a big factor. These are just some basics that are known and would think anyone discussing anything technical pertaining to this would know, remember, and not post up stupid shit with this said. Peeps obviously do not know this and don't factor this into discussions or even design to making light components. I see why peeps here on BHQ make train wrecks out of good threads...cause they have no clues

Zilla stop deflecting. U have no experience in the subject and just calling u out on BS

So again, what is that about strength versus weight?

Here's a clue. Diff tube diameter and wall thickness have diff weights and strengths. Not gona waste any more time trying to correct u. Others can decide to use ur copy and pasted info and BS or not

Should, because we all know you have no clue about flywheel weight and how the weights effect engine performance.

As for making an engine lighter, there are many ways to shave an ounce here or there, issue is it isn't cheap.

As for billet aluminum cases, why not make a light weight chomoly set of cases. After all, you can make it light weight.

Post up pics of what u have done to make it all lighter. I can of all of this and post facts

I think before anything CF should be used, have readily available titanium parts built or acquired.

If it's not being jumped, ti arms and swingarm will net you close to 10 pounds in savings alone.

Then, there are other things, like JT Machining carrier lightening.

Then, aluminum bolts..

In my honest, somewhat experienced opinion, CF is nearly pointless with all the titanium possibilities and other light weight parts.