I have decided 4mm stock bore dune port is plan...stock carbs, or 35s?

barry1me

I am taking my stock 06 SE with Trinity Stage 4s and planning to do a 4mm kit with dune/play port.  Herr said with stock reeds, carbs I would be looking around 70-72hp, if I jump to 35s, pods, timing plate, and race gas I could be in the 85hp range.  I am trying to decide if it worth the extra for me to do this.  Right now I was planning to keep stock swing arm.  I still have tors on my stock carbs.  Just curious who has done this build and if they did stock carb setup and then went to 35s did they think the $800 in additional cost is worth it, or just stick with stock carb setup, no advance timing and pump gas.

Personally I'd pass on hjr. Just preference on my part.

But the numbers aren't unrealistic.

I'm at 80hp with a dune port(I guess that's what it would be) 35pwk Vf4 cpi pump gas

I appreciate your advice.  Do you have any specific issue with HJR?  From what I have read there timing is top notch, and stand behind a good name.  Redline looks to be good also if you have 6 months to wait.  I tried calling 10 times in past two days and still havent heard a voice.  Im not willing to work with the guy down the street (RDZ) as there seems to be to much negative stigma surrounding him, and his prices are not inline also.

I appreciate your advice. Do you have any specific issue with HJR? From what I have read there timing is top notch, and stand behind a good name. Redline looks to be good also if you have 6 months to wait. I tried calling 10 times in past two days and still havent heard a voice. Im not willing to work with the guy down the street (RDZ) as there seems to be to much negative stigma surrounding him, and his prices are not inline also.

I along with a few others have had issues with hjr. Others have had good results. He just wasn't able to help with with a problem that I had, kept me having my tail for months. Took a different builder 2 minutes to figure out.

Redline has a waiting list for a reason.

I use a local-ish guy. His name is sleeper06 on here. He built my current 80hp motor.

I've also used another guy, surfrjag on here. He builds a mean trail bike that I've ridden 2 of. Almost like 4 strokes.

Both do it in there own garage. Both build really fast shit too.

I just like to support backyard guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Kevin will set you up, I would keep the stock carbs and save the money. Timing plate and vforce reeds next. Suspension should also be a priority. Pods are nice but be careful with the stock carbs they don't have a lip like the Keihin carbs.

Going +4 on on a timing plate regardless of build will be beneficial. Also going 4mil and having it ported will be good as well. Using race gas or pump gas will depend on your wallet. If you can swing the higher price of 110 then you will see gains. If not no worries you can still make good power on pump for what it can be. Some of the best builders will have a waiting list and IMO will be worth the wait. There are some others that's will do a good job as well. Bigger carbs will mean more top end but will take away some mpg. Setup is a huge key especially in a trail bike via suspension. Stock length swingarm is fine for a 4mm ported stock cylinder

A friend had a 4 mil, stock cylinder, ported, stock carbs, cool head, vf, pods. Put on bigger carbs, 28/33?. He said he said he felt a slight improvement but not enough to justify cost. So maybe save the bigger carb money for something else. Promod? Lock out?

I had my dune 4mill done by HJR the bike was a rocket. Nothing touched that bike. It was ported for mid range. I just had my 250r done by him this weekend once I get it running ill post an update. He started working on the motor on thursday I told him I needed it by the 15th latest. He worked through the long weekend and it should be here today or tomorrow 15 days early.

Once I run it ill let you know how it runs compared to before.

On my 4mill i ran stock carbs for a while then went to 30mm oko carbs then 34 pj.  For me the 34mm was a huge improvement lost a ton of bottom end though on the smaller carbs I wasn't on the pipe as much I could climb big dunes with half throttle on the big carbs I had to rev it good but I easily gained 5-10% on top.

Edited by sangheraent

I had my dune 4mill done by HJR the bike was a rocket. Nothing touched that bike. It was ported for mid range. I just had my 250r done by him this weekend once I get it running ill post an update. He started working on the motor on thursday I told him I needed it by the 15th latest. He worked through the long weekend and it should be here today or tomorrow 15 days early.

Once I run it ill let you know how it runs compared to before.

On my 4mill i ran stock carbs for a while then went to 30mm oko carbs then 34 pj.  For me the 34mm was a huge improvement lost a ton of bottom end though on the smaller carbs I wasn't on the pipe as much I could climb big dunes with half throttle on the big carbs I had to rev it good but I easily gained 5-10% on top.

Nothing touched it eh? Doubtful.