Carbs for a 10 mil 465 cc Serval?

Craig B

Your absolutely right n20fast, Trinity didn't help matters for sure. They didnt even off the right components to compliment the Cheetah platform.

I'm not taking anything away from the Super Serval Ragun, it's a awesome motor. I just feel like the PV Cheetah doesn't get the props it deserves. It has a bad wrap for several reasons one of them is the expense associated with building one. A PV Cheetah cost roughly 38% more to build cc for cc.

PV cheetah cylinders have been out a good bit longer than Servals. So why haven't someone built a better trail engine with a PV cheetah than a serval? I'm not disagreeing with you. I'd love to see it.

We need to get together and ride sometime. I live in central Kentucky. Where are you from?

Your absolutely right n20fast, Trinity didn't help matters for sure. They didnt even off the right components to compliment the Cheetah platform.

I'm not taking anything away from the Super Serval Ragun, it's a awesome motor. I just feel like the PV Cheetah doesn't get the props it deserves. It has a bad wrap for several reasons one of them is the expense associated with building one. A PV Cheetah cost roughly 38% more to build cc for cc.

I dont think cost would matter if they had run right, the problem was for the longest time trinity was the only option. Tthey couldnt seem to get them put together correctly.  How many times did we see dudes buy cheetahs from trinity that were time bombs because they couldnt even get the domes right?

The way the power valves are fit and the way the exhaust port is ported and shaped is absolutely crucial on the PV Cheetah! I went with Kan because he was familiar with Rotax PV Engines what to do to make them run but he wasn't cheap by any means. If you don't want to go with him I were you I'd talk to Arlene at LED or builder that's big in the PWC or Snowmobile World that builds Rotax PV Engines on a regular basis.

IMO the PV Cheetah is capable of being the elite Banshee Power Plant, if you talk to the 250R guys that run the CP PV Sphinx Motors they absolutely LOVE them, but the Banshee guys hate them and talk shit about them all the time and we're talking about a twin cylinder version of the same engine essentially. I truly believe the right builder and combination of parts is what makes the difference and to be honest I think the right set of big bore pipes that were developed specifically for the Cheetah and Rotax Power Valves would be a game changer for the Cheetah guys. I've studied the Rotax Engines and the Pipes that are proven performers on them and the design characteristics on those pipes have are differ from a standard Banshee Pipes quit-a-bit. With the Rotax Engine you want the scavenging pulse waves to travel around the expansion chambers at the same or close to the same revolutions (RPM) that the engine is turning. Typically the pipes have longer neck with a small diameter that expands at a much slower rate, and the expansion chamber is shorter with a significantly bigger diameter. After doing a lot of research and reading Irealized the old school Rocket R2's had a lot in common with the successful Rotax Pipes. That's why I got with that toothless piece shit junky Tom Borrink. I thought he'd be the perfect guy to develop a Inframe PV Pipe for the PV Cheetah. I paid dearly for that mistake.

IMG_2850_zpsfvk5yayz.jpg

You keep saying Rotax powervalve. The Cheetah did not use a Rotax Powervalve. They used proprietary Trinity designed valves. I'm just trying to be clear, you had yours set up with actual Rotax powervalves, or just the powervalves that come with the cheetah?

Hey years ago FMF came out with a powervalve 400 cylinder what happened with that? I'm assuming Trinity designed it & it never ran right cause of the domes?

The FMF set up was a T Rex with actual Rotax powervalves. The other option out around that time was from LA sleeve and it was a Mono and had proprietary valves as well.

Tricked, do you have any better pictures of the valves side by side. I'll pm you my cell and email if you wanna share I would be very interested in seeing the amount of machine work necessary to a proper fitment . I cut my teeth on pwc and still work on quite a few. The power output on pwc twin is awesome and on point as soon as you touch the throttle.

• Like 1

You keep saying Rotax powervalve. The Cheetah did not use a Rotax Powervalve. They used proprietary Trinity designed valves. I'm just trying to be clear, you had yours set up with actual Rotax powervalves, or just the powervalves that come with the cheetah?

As soon as he said "main jet" I assumed that he had the Trinity PVs. I've never seen a Rotax one modded to us a main jet.