Carbs for a 10 mil 465 cc Serval?

Craig B

Why? You like to be chased?

Nope. But it's a waste of tax dollars. And the maintenence for them is going to be huge.

So at any town hall it can be brought up. Take the cost of the machines, maintenence and pay. Now take the return on the tickets they get. If it doesn't cover half then you have a question of what benefit do these "toys" have around town.

To chase kids in sand pits for 2000 dollars a year? When payments, maintence , and payroll cost 100 plus.

It'll make them look dumb then they'll auction them off and people will be pissed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is very nice, hell, we take it for-granted sometimes. I feel bad for you poor bastards that do get to just ride.

They have been talking about putting a law into effect here giving atvs the same rights a motorcycles.

Of coarse we would have to have highway approved tires and lights and horn, but that would be sweet all the same

Trail bikes, FTW

• Like 1

must be nice.... here all the old train tracks got paved and are ONLY accessible to bicyclists and pedestrians in the summer and they are turned into snowmo trails in winter.... the fact that they spent money to pave the rail way  for over 100miles + drives me nuts.. and shut the atvers out of a lot of trail access... must be nice to be able to go ride local worry free 

maybe in your neck of Ontario, over here i can ride roads for 10 minutes and jump on the old rail beds. :rotflmao:  

On Long Island too, you ain't riidng on Long Island on the streets or park land without looking over your shoulder, and my riding partner is an officer.. I used to ride in my buddy's gravel pit until some dirt bags sent a car 20' into the pit and lit it on fire and he shut everything down. There is a spot called Moto1LongIsland, but it's a public track...

Id rather drive 3 hours upstate I've got 175 acres between mine and my uncle's adjacent land. Pull my bikes into my garage and stay the weekend... That's where the fun is at 80mph past 60' tall trees!

On Long Island too, you ain't riidng on Long Island on the streets or park land without looking over your shoulder, and my riding partner is an officer.. I used to ride in my buddy's gravel pit until some dirt bags sent a car 20' into the pit and lit it on fire and he shut everything down. There is a spot called Moto1LongIsland, but it's a public track...

Id rather drive 3 hours upstate I've got 175 acres between mine and my uncle's adjacent land. Pull my bikes into my garage and stay the weekend... That's where the fun is at 80mph past 60' tall trees!

I want to go 80 mph in the trails

Hillsdale NY bro, anytime you wanna head over I'm about 3 hours from Englishtown I've gone from test n tune at Englishtown on a Friday nite directly to my house upstate in ~3 hours.. I try to go up at least once a month.

Ive only had my bikes out on my streets only a few times in the last 10 years, in the snow mostly and after I get it back from Carl's house!

Mike , this is exactly why I switched to drag/streets . There's just nowhere to go and I'm too old to be running, I have to much to lose. I do miss making the cops look stupid when they can't catch me tho but my son is 11 now and I can't have him thinking its ok

Ah, problems of being a dad that cares.

• 9 months later...

What did you end up doing Craig?

I built a 10 mil 535cc PV Cheetah for tail and recreational use and I ended up buying a set of new 38mm Keihin PWK Air Strikers to run on it. I chose the Air Strikers because the Honda 250R guys love them so I figured the PV Cheetah would perform good with them because it uses 250R intakes and V3 Reed Cages. I've always heard the PWK Air Strikers couldn't be bored like a standard PWK or PJ Keihin Carburetor. I don't know if there's any truth to that or not.

I've also heard that the 10 mil Cubs and Servals push the 4-Bolt Banshee Intakes and Reed Cages to their CFM limits. If that is indeed the case a 38mm+ carburetor could create turbulence and actually hurt performance or at least prevent performance gains. When I was shopping engine builders and deciding between a 10 mil 535cc PV Cheetah or 10 mil 521cc Serval I had more than one of them tell me to go with 35mm Keihin's if I built a 521cc Serval Trail Motor and one of them was Jeff at FAST.

If I was in your shoes I would keep your 35mm Keihins and send them out to Brandon at Wild Cards and have him taper bore them to 36mm....... OR even better send them out and have a 36mm tapered rifle bore done. That would be bad ass! The super mini racers swear by the riffled taper bore, they gain power across the entire power curve with it. They claim the carburetor bore can be increased by 20% over a standard taper bore without the loss in throttle response and low end power/torque that's seen when carburetor size is increased. I think riffled 36mm PWK's would be perfect for a 465cc Serval running a set of Hi-Rev Pipes.

This is just my opinion I'm not saying the other advice and recommendations that the other members have given you is wrong or bad in anyway. I'm just telling you what I'd do or look into if I were you.

IMG_4898_zpsn6p8eu9b.jpg

Here's a carburetor with a non-tapered riffle bore to give you a idea of what I'm talking about. This was done on 80cc two stroke dirt bike carburetor that was used for 300ft dirt drags so taper boring wasn't done because they wanted the maximum bore and the benifits that gained from taper boring wouldn't be useful for a straight line drag racing application.

The rifffle bore spins the air entering the carburetor bell in a vortex motion resulting in increased velocity and and decreased turbulence as it passes through the carburetor venturi therefore creating increased vacuum draw on the jetting circuits which intern increase fuel atomization. This increase in velocity also increases the pre-atomized fuel/air ability to pass through the intake and ports at a higher rate of speed resulting in increased performance and throttle response. Well that's my take on it anyway.

IMG_2821_zpssmsdh2ay.jpg