Manny's MX build

How much was the skid plate? Prm has perfect fitment

I bought mine from T&T atv for $125. Right, I'm sure there's others that fit perfect but not made of the light weight kevelar/plastic material which I wanted to keep the bikes weight somewhat down. Plus they ended up hooking me up so I'm glad I bought it haha.

f9fc7d8ec9e5096c99f2af7211b2a5bf.jpg

And I have red on my bike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gotcha you pretty much have them all the colors covered. The black is the stiffest one they sell and they have a green one now meant for kids I guess which is softer than the blue. Those look to be the compression elastomers you don't have the option to run the rebound elastomers? I know the older bars only had one which is why I'm asking and you can upgrade to the new set up for under 30 bucks. Edited by Sheedawg28

I bought mine from T&T atv for $125. Right, I'm sure there's others that fit perfect but not made of the light weight kevelar/plastic material which I wanted to keep the bikes weight somewhat down. Plus they ended up hooking me up so I'm glad I bought it haha.

If your happy with it that's all that matters. I'm not sure of the weight on the prm. Would depend on thickness of the plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your happy with it that's all that matters. I'm not sure of the weight on the prm. Would depend on thickness of the plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely, plus we needed a test dummy as I haven't seen anyone run one on here. So we'll see how it holds up. Yea after buying the .190 swingarm skid plate I was dreading putting on a full engine skid plate of he same thickness but definitely the thickness of it would play a big part.

Gotcha you pretty much have them all the colors covered. The black is the stiffest one they sell and they have a green one now meant for kids I guess which is softer than the blue. Those look to be the compression elastomers you don't have the option to run the rebound elastomers? I know the older bars only had one which is why I'm asking and you can upgrade to the new set up for under 30 bucks.

now that I think about it, I should have 4 of each. I have 4 red. Guess I just have to order more or mix and match.

now that I think about it, I should have 4 of each. I have 4 red. Guess I just have to order more or mix and match.

Yea unless your happy with your set up then there's kind of no need. If anything you have the elastomers that have the most impact which is for compression so you can try those out before buying the rebound.

Tried loosening all the u bolts on the skid plate and clamping it where you want it, then tightening up the u bolts?

Yea it wouldn't budge once I would tighten it down, the way the clamps grabbed the frame would make it come down. TM is sending me a clamp to replace the one that doesn't wrap around all the way so that it clamps all the way around it and keeps it in place which would solve that issue. I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by Sheedawg28

Heat gun

That would definitely do it. After looking at it closely. If you look at the 3rd row of clamps (or second to last) the frame starts to curve in and those clamps when tightened down move the skid plate down because they aren't making full contact, so when I tighten those down it moves the skid plate down to where it is making full contact which is where it sits now. So the issue might be the placing of the pre-drilled holes in the skid. Hopefully that makes sense I'll take a better look at it and try loosening and tightening it down again when I get home..this is just my assumption based on the pictures I have.

So I tried out the funnel, took it with me to fill up the fuel tank annnnd here's what I got out of it. I might be buying the biggest version and using this for when I fill up my vehicles. Mind you this was clean before fueling up.

91E3006B-4058-4216-99A7-3B46E8B3340A.jpg

CE1B9D75-3095-42C0-BACE-2CA99508B79B.jpg

6440CDC2-40EB-4CFC-A387-B6381BE9A014.jpg

Do you have a before pic?