Should i port myself... the banshee i mean but me doing it...

Here is my take. If you are more then capable, you should also be properly equipped. As for your mild measurements, if you really were capable you would know what the differences should be. That said I think you should HOLD OFF. I'm not saying don't do it, but you need to do ALOT MORE RESEARCH first. The way you asked makes me automatically think you aren't educated enough to tackle this yet. Can you grind here and there and get better then stock results? Sure. But that doesn't mean that it's the right thing to do. Figure out every term associated with port work and if you don't know what they all mean and do, you aren't ready. ("Pilot holes")

Give it some time, research the subject thoroughly. Then tackle it with an open mind and expect the possibility that something will go wrong. That way there aren't any surprises.

first things first. at a minimum you need atleast a half ass tool setup. if not then throw in the towel now. if you got a few tools then proceede and do some research. books aint a bad idea. maybe even some templates. atleast youll get familiar with marking lines and simple shit like that. most the books will show you how to do a chamfer on the windows etc. figuring out the windows heights isnt a job for a amatuer and thats where predetermined templates can be handy until you get more familiar with everything. if your only reason is to save money then i think your heading in the wrong direction.

Well... this is exactly the kind of experience I need.  I don't mind the money I spend but rather gain knowledge and do it... im a craftsman and enjoy doiung this... yes I have a good quality rotary tool and bits... will do a very good research on how porting works... thank you very much for the motivation HQ

Allow me to share my hypothesis. The banshee will need a 350 -370 main and 25-30 pilot. Needle and aiscrew adjsment. This is all that i know that will happen. What else will i need to get ready for?

Here's my hypothesis. . You're a dumb fuck who couldn't tell the difference between a pussy and a shoe box who's trying to act like they have clues and desire, when reality puts you back into your place of being a lifeless dumb fuck with less social skills than skeeter, zilla, and specialblend07 combined.
  • Like 1

dont let people lie to you.

your gonna destroy a few cylinders, and waste a bunch of time, bolting them on and off to see that they dont work. then youre gonna hate everyone and everything. when ya could of just bought ported cylinders and been out riding instead of fucking around.

best thing you can do, is get some ported cylinders,   degree wheel, dial indicator and copy that shit ! then make changes to see/feel a difference.

but your not learning how to port a 2stroke,  ya just copying.

Well what do you have to say in respect of KOC vids of port&polish the shees cylinders.... i have a feeling none of the negative peeps here wouldnt get anything close to wat im doing... i do have scrap ones and will practise on em... if i open up everything a millimeter and jet it accordingly then i couldnt find a reason not to port...

never watched his vids.

you see it at being negative and yes it some what is, but its the truth.  if ya got heaps of time on your hands and working solely on trial and error, go for it.  but its gonna take a long time and ya only gonna work out how many things dont work untill you find something that does. and still not know what ya did or doing.