Do the rath for the 450 come in pro peg?

Any mx/xc aftermarket chassis is going to be offered in pro peg. Nerfs are required by most tracks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You guys are beyond delusional if you think LSR is going to take the time to design and jig a chassis that uses a competitor's parts.

They aren't making shit on the chassis itself. It's the swingarm, a-arms, steering stem, etc. that they are making money on.

When I was looking at building a drag chassis I called LSR and asked them how much trouble it would be to add front brake mounts to their spindles.. They said no trouble because they wouldn't do it.

This whole LSR chassis thing is nothing more than talk unless you have 5+ people ready to send the deposits.

Just a frame so far

Ryan

Trickedcarbine

Trick2stroke

Plus my 3

We may have to get LSR components initially?

Sand king not sure about spindles and tie rods. The swingarm shouldn't be an issue. I run pods on my outlaw.

Maybe, I would need lots of info from them on their end to confirm. As it is, I honestly am not interested in giving them money till I see one done.

• 5 months later...

Any updates on this? I would buy a LSR Frame if they would use yfz geometry and I could use stock yfz a arms to start and upgrade the a arms and shocks later when funds were available.

I'm fairly new to the Banshee, I race and ride 08 yfz. I bought a unfinished 2000 Banshee project off craigslist with a 4 mil big bore serval, +2 a arms, jl swingarm, pc pipes, works shocks, need lock wheels, new tires and a few other mods for $2,500. I think I stole it! I copied the list of mods off the cl listing and pasted it on my sig.

I want to build a banshee that MX capable and really complete and its not happening on the stock chassis even with upgraded suspension.

There are a few routes I feel you could go if you want a raceable banshee...

1st you could do it contact my friend who I know will build any style / type of frame.  www.hreatv.com

2nd you could mix and match frames and geometry from better handling bikes, mainly up front is where the banshee's down fall is.

3rd you could use a YFZ chassis and convert everything other.  Any banshee owner only owns this bike because of style of motor, nothing else.

I am a Honda guy and a 88-89 trx250r with a banshee motor would be a slick route.  One know I know has a YZ426F bored to a YZ444F in a trx250r chassis which is a slick ride, I road that bike.  Other guy I know uses a 300ex platform and put a WR400F motor in it.

I've seen 400ex build for CRF450R motors and TRX250R motors. 

If your dead set on banshee chassis with banshee motor then I highly suggest custom frame with a YFZ450R front end so your A-arms are as close as possible and you have some rake in the front of the frame which the banshee 100% lacks. 

You could build any quad for prob $10,000 or less. 

Basically you need to decide what chassis you would like to use.  A slimmer chassis would allow more movement then a fatter one.

If you need more information please visit www.hreatv.com  If not good luck with whatever you choose.

no other company will mix and match and built you a 1 off bike...HRE will.  I have him build me 2-3 bikes a year and my last one off a ATC200x with a KX112 motor...

HRE is no joke, just no widely known.

Edited by Oldskool83

Basically, I think he wanted strictly a complete yfz chassis that held a banshee motor and used banshee plastic. Poor guy went through all the trouble of drawing it too.

I've been toying with the idea of at least tabbing the front hood and fender of a banshee on to a 450. The Front of the seat pan would need massaging but it's doable.

Mike will do anything if you give him enough money and products to work with...trust me I've done stuff you can't do.  People have put banshee motors in trx450r's also, I've seen that for a fact.

I for a fact know if you build a new banshee frame and narrowed it in the front you could use YFZ450r geometry. It will not be cheap and you would need to provide him both frames and all front end stuff to both so there is no error.

It helps when your local to HRE and have many parts to take dimensions off and try and mock up.  I have my own self there for builds.

All and all a YFZ450 chassis would be a better platform and just do a motor swap...Any thread that has gone 13 pages with no build started is prob just going to be opinion after opinion.

Things to remember this will be a 1 off custom job, prob about 3 other people in the would want it if your ever going to sell it.  Most MX tracks are set up for 4 strokes now days, or is this just because someone is dead set on banshee to be different which is fine...but spend $10-15K building a great handling machine is also no joke, no back yard bubba tracks.

To finish any idea you need money, parts and the drive to make it happen.t.

• Like 1