Here's a link Erik sent me on the 450r caster flaw:

http://www.walshrc.com/?product=yfz450r-caster-bracket

Here's another one I found from Houser racing addressing the same issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKXUzJmaR8

If this happens. It's going to stay with the outlaw geometry but use 450 suspension and components. The sad deal, Bobby didn't offer much promise on it. He said designing a new frame for a banshee is not high on the list. At this point with how busy they are he said even the original outlaw is not happening. He said in May they "might" be up for it.

I'm guessing if there is a solid number of people having cash ready for a mx frame, suspension and components..... it could happen.

If this happens. It's going to stay with the outlaw geometry but use 450 suspension and components. The sad deal, Bobby didn't offer much promise on it. He said designing a new frame for a banshee is not high on the list. At this point with how busy they are he said even the original outlaw is not happening. He said in May they "might" be up for it.

I'm guessing if there is a solid number of people having cash ready for a mx frame, suspension and components..... it could happen.

That's a bummer but I guess we're a huge minority in the banshee world.  I'm sure I would be very happy with the outlaw as it has been built in the past.

I think I'd be more than happy with the way it is too. But am curious as to what the going rate is for the frame. They just show the stock style chromoly frame on there site.

my understanding is about 2,500 for the outlaw in 250r form.  Addressing some of the carb, filter, and pipe problems would be nice though.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I called LSR today... Anyone here still interested in a outlaw frame? Bobby said he can most likely make it happen if I can round up a small group. I have two buddies who are both thinking on it. He did say it would be a 250r based frame still :down:. He did tell me he would get back to me with a complete package deal price based on 3-4 frames with suspension components. I think if enough people were in on this we could talk LSR into something that would fit newer components. I would haul my outlaw to them and go through things I would want improved upon...Pipe fitment, airbox/filter fitment and suspender parts.  I am about a month out on this. I had a bad business fire and am working hard on getting all of that glory back together.  Let me know.... 

Fire and gym equipment not a great combo.

1434658548_zps964d7870.jpg

1434658554_zps41a68975.jpg

1434658560_zpsb09d2ab5.jpg

Just a GUESS but I would imagine if there is enough of us (5-10?) willing to spend 2500-3500ish on a frame. We could get them to build a YFZ or TRX based frame. Really it needs to be done with the idea of newer components. If not replacement parts will be hard/costly to get and our hands are tied up with LSR only suspension parts.

Edited by billybobby