Grand River Racing's Inframe the Hooker and the Stripper

O.G.

On another note hey ZILLA how is that EFI coming along??? LOL Just trying to help out.

• Like 2

I was kinda liking this guy until I read the part about avoiding castor oils. He obviously has never built, raced, rebuilt, tore-down, or inspected an engine running castor oil. 927 from Maxima is absolutely the best oil you can buy or make. If you don't know this, you sure the duck ain't no engine builder!

Dumb ass

Any inefficiencies in hand rolled pipes would be worked out in testing. Either pipe would have fictional loses against the steel. You know we could talk about the repeat ability and accuracy of hydro formed pipes. But the conversation wouldn't last long, because there is NONE. If hydro forming was better, that is what I would do. It's actually faster and easier.

Just so you are aware, they specify a RON result from a simulated test engine the ASTM standard allows for compensation of the controlled elevation to the variable compression test engine as per the region the fuel is intended for.

The RON value itself is a varying factor to the number that is used in the averaging formula that gets 'stuck on the side of the pump' that meets the standards of ASTM D-2855.13.

OG, Castor based synthetics ARE simply awesome. But there are synthetics (full/true) That are more impervious to the high end fuels such as Methanol, and Oxygenated fuels.

My earlier statement is intended for the same type of guy that would mix a load of alky, or thin-ass avgas and let it sit in the garage for a few weeks....

Guess I need to learn to be more specific......

Thacker contacted me to build his engine because he has a different set of ideas. (good or not, valid or not)

He solicited his ideas all over, and couldn't get the verbal responses or support he was looking for- The customer is our employer.

Whether I agree or not, is irrelevant-I actually recommended a different route. But again the customer is the employer. He isn't after a 300' high revver per say.

Steel clutch baskets are nothing new to the powersports world for trying to widen a given torque curve (flywheel weights either)-he got the idea from research there I'd assume.

I have personally never tried a steel basket in a banshee-can't say whether, or not the results would be the same as in a single MX engine. But the engineering of this build is his idea-I'm simply ensuring it transpires correctly.

He's contacting me, and telling me I can say I'm not building his engine to try to 'save face'....

This doesn't matter to me. If he had good ideas; the build he engineered will shine. If not; the ideas will fade into the woodwork in time. In the meantime; I still do what I do........

You're absolutely right Zilla ASTM D2699. My bad- I referred to the wrong notes I had from my studies.

But; they still allow for regional elevation compensation in the test engine-as I understand.

Calling me names is Kindergarten level though.

Answer me one thing please-maybe I'm wrong here too;

What is the flash point of 91 vs. 93 in our country? Also, what is the flame propagation speed (Flame front)? It's my understanding they are the same-this is what I based my original statement "91 and 93 are the same fuel" and a region specific. Am I incorrect? And, Why? "dumb ass and Moron" are not valid answers to me.

The AKI carries the standard for classifying the appropriate fuels into their proper categories. You are absolutely correct about that :)-and as I understand, is accurate and repeatable down to .02.

(At least we know what we are getting out of the pump has some level of consistency)