Grand River Racing's Inframe the Hooker and the Stripper

O.G.

I never had any over heating issues after I built the Serval, but when I was running the KORHS Hare Scrambles on my Banshee with the stock cylinders I couldn't keep it cool through out a entire 2hr woods race. I run a Trail Tech and had a aluminum bung welded in the back of my Radiator and installed the temp sensor probe probe in that bung. Then on the hose that exits the water pump I run a Billet Inline cooler with a gauge. This allows me to calculate my cooling system efficiency and heat reduction. I have it wrote down somewhere but my average operating temperatures stayed a average of 4-6°F cooler with the R2's VS the PT Mid's with no other changes. 

I know my jetting was correct with both sets of pipes because I had DK Goodrich at EFI Tuning Solutions help me fine tune my bike on his dyno using a wide band. I know thats not a huge difference but if your skating on the line of overheating and blowing coolant out the over flow hose during a 2hr Hare Scramble even a 5°F reduction in engine operating temperatures helps.                 

The Serval's bottom end is not effected by pipes or bigger carbs as dramatically as the stock cylinders or other cylinder set ups with higher port timings. I know its hard to believe but the power came on at almost the same RPM with R2's on my old Serval that it did with the PT Mid's. That statement might not be true for every setup but it was on mine. I think the actual lugging power at very low RPM's well bellow the power band was actually better with the R2's. With 15/41 gearing I could lug up steep hills almost like a 4-Stroke without being anywhere near the power band. Watch the video I attached bellow:

I'm not saying the PT's suck on every motor or application but I didn't like them on my old 392cc Serval.      

Edited by Thack82

Your first post says your stock cylinders were overheating then you come back and say your serval cylinders were overheating with the same pipes??

My Stock Cylinders did over heat if I ran it hard for long period's of time in the woods, it would start blowing engine ice out the over flow and if I continued to run it I would fry the rings. I did that a time or two running hare scrambles, the last time I ran it hot and tried to make it through a KORHS Race with the stock cylinders the top end seized. I had every cooling mod/upgrade that I know of on my bike with the stock cylinders and it still wouldn't make it a entire 2hr race if it was even remotely hot out side. Maybe I had some other type of failure or problem that was causing the overheating issue with the stock crank and cylinders, I don't know for sure. When I replaced the rotaing assimbly and stock .020 bored cylinders with a Hot Rod's Stock Stroke Billet Crank, Wiseco Pro-Lite Cub Pistons, and the trail ported Serval top end I never lost another drop of coolant do to overheating.       

I never ran anything but PT's on and stock pipes with my stock cylinder stock stroke motor.

After the Serval I never did have any issues with overheating even with the PT Mids, but my engine temps did run on average about 5° cooler with the R2's than it did with the PT Mid's. The hottest I've ever saw my old 392cc Serval get was around 196° and that was with the PT's in July with a ambient temperature in the low/mid 90's. Most of the time it stayed in the 175-185° range.  

Edited by Thack82

So basically it had nothing to do with the pipes...

Same Thacker, different day..

Just says shit only to moonwalk on it a little while later.

Can you read? I hope for your sake you're just playing stupid to in a attempt to piss me off. Lol, same old illiterate Tyler thats mad at the world because he's 4ft tall and 125lbs. (known as short man syndrome) They should put a picture of you right beside the definition, it fits you perfect.

Definition Of Short Man Syndrome - Urban Dictionary

An angry male of below average height who feels it necessary to act out in an attempt to gain respect and recognition from others and compensate for his abnormally short stature. Also synonomous to little man syndrome.

If you would read what I wrote rather than run your mouth you would see what I have stated more than once. I pasted it bellow so you wouldn't have to go back and look it up. Go get somebody to read it to you if you can't sound it out. 

"I said I felt like the design of the PT's "attributed" to some of my over heating issues. Which means they didn't help matters any."

"After the Serval I never did have any issues with overheating even with the PT Mids, but my engine temps did run on average about 5° cooler with the R2's than it did with the PT Mid's"

Just encase you still didn't get it I'll say it again, my Stock Cylinder Woods Motor did have over heating issues. When I did some testing using different pipe setups on the same motor the PT Mid's caused the engine to run on average 5° hotter than it did with the R2 Pipes.  

Listen here you stupid fuck.. Here is your EXACT sentence.

I attribute a lot of the over heating issues I had when I ran stock cylinders to the Paul Turner Pipes.

Then you say this just now.

When I did some testing using different pipe setups on the same motor the PT Mid's caused the engine to run on average 5° hotter than it did with the R2 Pipes.

So you're saying 5 fucking degrees was the difference in overheating and not? If that's the case you were borderline overheating ALL THE TIME, which means you had issues elsewhere.

You're dumb as fuck.

So basically it had nothing to do with the pipes...

Same Thacker, different day..

Just says shit only to moonwalk on it a little while later.

I'm not getting into this shit with you and your band wagon followers that want to start shit with me for no reason and jump on me because you can't read or don't take the time to read what I wrote in its entirety. I've said what I wanted to say in this thread and I ask the questions that I wanted to ask. So don't count on me responding to any of your reply's to me or reply's that your directing towards me, so you'll need to find somebody else to moon walk with little man.  Have a nice night  guys.   

I'm not getting into this shit with you and your band wagon followers that want to start shit with me for no reason and jump on me because you can't read or don't take the time to read what I wrote in its entirety. I've said what I wanted to say in this thread and I ask the questions that I wanted to ask. So don't count on me responding to any of your reply's to me or reply's that your directing towards me, so you'll need to find somebody else to moon walk with little man.  Have a nice night  guys.   

Classis moonwalk from Thacker...You been practicing your moves?