Alba racing Banshee A-arms info

Alba Racing

here is a good place to buy them?

Couldn't find evols for a banshee a few weeks ago

Atv galaxy.

I had the basic floats. Sweet shock weight next to nothing.

Now I run custom axis.

Why? It's a sprung shock. If I blow the shock I'll still be able to ride. It'll just be bouncy. If I blew the bladders in the float the thing would slam down and I'd probably stuff the front end.

Now before the shit show starts, I know fox is one of the best in the business. I've seen the floats take abuse. From motocross to freestyle guys landing from 50' high.

But I'm in the sand, I can't rebuild them and tear them down every few weeks like I'm sure they all do. It's just for my peace of mind.

For the record, I've run Elka Stage 5 shocks and they're very nice also. I can definitely understand the thinking behind being able to limp a coil spring shock back to camp if need be.

I mainly picked Fox for their weight savings. Now that I've had them a couple years I don't think I'd run anything else.

Call or e-Mail Mike at ATV Galaxy and tell him you're a BansheeHQ member. He should have some good shock deals.

^^^ 18" is Max without binding.

I've been using this setup for a few seasons now.

tagy2a5e.jpg

I ride mostly the same style as you just in the mountains.

Good times...

@ savage420

What nerf bars are you using? Looks like the AC racing pro pegs but I looked on their website and they don't make them for banshee's. Are you guys buying them for another machine and modifying them? I like them because they have the back plate to keep your foot from going into the tire and I want to get rid of the stock guards. 

Thanks in advance!!

Yes they're ac pro pegs. I bought this set 7-8 years ago. I love them, saved my ass a shit load of times. Not sure if they make them still.

Some places might have some old stock sitting around though.

There is another company that makes some really similar to these for the banshee. Factory43 I think the company is.

XRW R1 nerf bars are pretty close to the ac pro pegs IMO. I don't personally have them but have seen them in pics and the person said no kicking issues ( having to heal kick) like some other ones with heel guards. I was going to buy them but round a set of ac nerfs off a memeber on here awhile back

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Update my brother cart wheeled his shee from the top of a huge bowl and the alba arms are fine.

The axle is toast and the front rim blew of the tire but the a arms are fine.

He has yfz 450r shock that are 18.25 and they work kinda stiff for a 160 lbs rider

Edited by thomas h.
  • Like 1