ATVDragRacerHQ.com Forum

locogato11283

Bryan's an old grumpy fucker, lol, but I think he's got some good points. I think it's time for people like him, Tyler, Brett and others that want to help the sport grow to put differences aside and get this going. I personally can't afford to race a PSDA race or be competitive but I sure enjoy racing locally. If the big time divisions grow so will the local scene. Come on girls have a group hug and get your shit together.

On a side note: Bryan has been very helpful when I have talked to him on the phone.

Your line about big time PSDA races vs. Local races. Think of car racing. Almost every track that is NHRA/IHRA compliant has the same set of rules whether it's a big time event or weekend warriors.

As far as sponsorships. I'm sure Leatt would be glad to sponsor (slight price cut?) if their product was something that safety rules dictated. Boo boo it adds weight but so what if every one else has one.

Not to downplay the safety, but if a track is prepped properly, bikes tend to go straight with near zero chance of wrecking.

Ya, track prep is a must as well! I remember being at Phil's before his own wreck on his own track. It's not a big venue but there is a ton of racing there and it's a fun track. Back then there would only be a few track grade outs a day. I remember watching guys shoot of the ruts in the gate and bottom out on the wheelie bar then shoot a totally different direction.

in all seriousness... this thread to promote another forum has turned into a safety thread.

this happened at about the 70' mark when the front cam back down with the front end locked left...

photobucket-977-1362008950542_zps2f2aa44

If it locked left, it is these junk chassis people build with crazy tierod angles done all wrong that is unsafe. I can see the angle in this pic. Its not just gear its chassis design as well.

If it locked left, it is these junk chassis people build with crazy tierod angles done all wrong that is unsafe. I can see the angle in this pic. Its not just gear its chassis design as well.

HA!!!! You want guidelines for safety gear AND chassis construction and components??? Are you crazy?? What other motorsport has such insane things?

• Like 1

I have a question.

Tyler, how come until just the past 2-3 weeks, you always said that 300ft racing was "lame" and "gay"... But now, you seem to want to help the sport?

Are you going to continue to sponsor/partner with PSDA, even though you disagree with their safety rules? Seems kinda counter productive, maybe if they didn't get any sponsors FOR that reason, they would wake up and realize that something isn't right.

And finally, have you ever attended a 300ft race that was "organized"?

I have a question.

Tyler, how come until just the past 2-3 weeks, you always said that 300ft racing was "lame" and "gay"... But now, you seem to want to help the sport?

Are you going to continue to sponsor/partner with PSDA, even though you disagree with their safety rules? Seems kinda counter productive, maybe if they didn't get any sponsors FOR that reason, they would wake up and realize that something isn't right.

And finally, have you ever attended a 300ft race that was "organized"?

While I don't find 300' particularly exciting, it doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to see it grow. It would help all aspects of the ATV industry.

I am not partnered with PSDA, nor do I sponsor them. Last year I got a call from them asking if I would be interested in helping promote their races because of my ability to reach a broad audience. I agreed as I always like to help where I can. No, I do not agree with their rules and I have expressed that from day one. I think if they want to grow the series they need to make the necessary changes that will bring them big company sponsors and possibly media coverage. I am not sure what sponsors they have as that's none of my business.

No, I have not attended an organized 300' race. This is due mainly because I have so many hillclimbs during the year that any of the local ones have been on the same weekend as the climbs. I wanted to attend Leerjak last year but it fell on the same weekend as the September Red Wing doubleheader. I can't be everywhere all the time.

that wreck was from shit chassis design.  a locked turn front end is bullshit. ..

the new site does look nice  and good information on there.  i signed up for the forum and will make visits there from time to time.  nice to see that a lot of local somewhat unknown tracks are listed.  

i think some of the problems are cost of racing and the intimidation that some people feel when they show up to these events.  i mean  i can go any weekend when it is nice to the local asphalt car track.  pay about 20 bucks including entry to the area and race all day.  one of the first times we went i got bored watching  and enter'd the mercury into the street car shoot out event.  it was a lot more fun haning in the starting lines and racing the car to a blazing 25 second 1/4 mile to me. even worse this year is i plan on running the atv at the track. 

the hans? device i looked at the other day only weighed 1lb.. 

Wrong. Facebook, which is the commonly used form of promotion over a broad audience these days shows otherwise. I don't see ANY other racer/rider/person doing anything near what Brett does. He promotes EVERYONE, even his own competitors.

History is simply that. Was, used to be, has been... In the PAST. Just for fun last night, I went to Skip's website.. The last post in the Shoutbox was this:

Hmm....hate to see this new site with no action. At least there was something going on with the old one. Just don't see the point of not bringing the old info forward to the new site. Maybe I missed it somewhere!

Look familiar? It should.. You posted it November 23, 2012... This right here proves to me that certain people THINK they're doing stuff, when they're not, Skip included. I've never heard of him. I've never seen a post on Facebook by him. Nothing, nowhere. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but there are people who think they're getting the word out when they're not. Fact.

Another fact is that you'd rather sit here and argue with me about who's doing what than just contribute in any way you can. There are doers and there are talkers. You're either one or the other.

Edited by ATVDRA