ATVDragRacerHQ.com Forum

locogato11283

Nope. Probably why the sport doesn't grow like it should.

Can't get along long enough to agree on rules or safety requirements. No organization and safety regulations equals no big name sponsors and exposure. No big name sponsors and exposure equals no money. No money equals no growth.

All because people can't get along. Imo.

Sent from a van down by the river

This is the drag racing world's biggest issue at this point in time. I know there are companies out there that would like to be involved but most won't put their name on something that allows people to get on 200HP machines with tennis shoes and a cut off and run it down a track at 100mph.

All this over who promotes the "sport" more. If all of you would just get your big brains together maybe a tiny bit of success would come about.

That's kind of what we're hoping will happen.

I know that it pisses people off when I say this, but I stand by my earlier statement in that no one promotes ATV drag racing like Brett does.

He pushes the tracks, promoters, his sponsors and is continually looking to bring a positive image to the sport.

His idea is that with his new home page with up to date drag racing news and the forums that it will generate more interest and show people there are some who will do what they can to promote and get people the recognition they deserve.

Do any of you think that ATV drag racing will ever attract big name sponsors? Or do you think this is a dying sport?

Currently safety rules are nonexistent. No big sponsor will back a race series run the current way.

These guys need to get with the program if they want to bring it to the next level.

Brett's intention is to just bring everyone to the same level and bring more publicity to the sport. NO ONE in ATV drag racing promotes anything. He is the only one.

Your comment is what sparked it off, LOL! You have the 1st part of this quote right. The 2nd part is completely wrong, but you can't see that. You have your head shoved so far up your ass & it has found its way into Brett's behind. I'm sure he doesn't appreciated that, butt maybe he does. Now, take some time pull your head out & get some oxygen to that rock you call a brain.

Without the history of the sport, there would be nothing for Brett to promote! History didn't get made without people promoting nothing & it was not done by one person. This turmoil or whatever you want to call it is not going to get fixed by one person.  

Now, to back up my claim to your oxygen lacking rock brain. Tony DA Tiger is a perfect example of one promoting Drag Racing. He has been consistently doing that in the past & is still doing it now! I'm sure Brett can fill you in on the details.

*****I have to check you on this one. I have spent the last 10- years and 50k out of my own pocket just as many others have along with me. Do your homework before you make post suck as this. Your purchase of this site gives you no history in the sport, it gives you a site to bang on your own chest as the censorship of this comment will prove. I can personally say that I myself deserve a little more gratitude than your thoughts. Just figured I would chime in and put this in check..... Is there a problem? Let me know and I will educate you furthermore..............

Yours truly,

Skip Conder

ATVDRA

Ok, I must say that there was a point when it looked like BHQ was slowing down and I either went to PS or ATVDRA for more technical info. After all, how often would Mat Shearer or Tony Doukas come here and do a breakdown on anything.( Tony gets on here now) There just wasn't many builders getting involved here like the drag forums. I know they are busy and only have a little time to post but they went to those sites to post not here, so there was something right about them. But as windy stated it began to slow and content was nonexistent except for sale sections. If there was a way to pick up the leftover pieces from both PS and ATVDRA I would think Brett is trying to make it happen. It's not like he's trying to get his own gain out of it or steal someone's idea. He's all about progression of the sport. So skip, I must say your interjection is a bit lofty. Yeah you had a good thing for a while but your post makes it sound like you feel like people owe you something.

Do any of you think that ATV drag racing will ever attract big name sponsors? Or do you think this is a dying sport?

If all of us can get on the same page about the topics that people are concerned with such as safety and structure, I honestly think that ATV drag racing can attract big name sponsors. The ego shit with some needs to be put aside and we need to try and work towards a common goal. Growing the sport into what we all know it can be.

I'm a no-body, everyday joe schmoe weekend racer with the average banshee (and barely that). I race for fun and getting to know and meet new people as do a lot of others. Winning races and going rounds just makes it that much more fun.

For people who have been involved in the sport MUCH longer than myself and have deeper pockets, with faster bikes, and travel the PSDA sanctioned races are the people who I rely on to pave the way for us weekend warriors on growing the sport to attract the big name sponsors. No different than AMA supercross the way I look at it. I feel those are the people who will be able to tap into the resources and make the contacts that we (ATV drag racing) needs to make this happen.

I support what Tyler and Brett are trying to do for us all and see where they are trying to make things happen that others were not able to do for some reason or another. I'm sure there is a whole lot more people involved than the two names I have mentioned but I'm just a by stander and only know what I can read from reputable sources within the ATV community. Some will like it, some won't it's just how the ball rolls. People can either get on the train or GTFO the tracks. At least the attempt is being made.

Sorry for the long ass windycity post. As you were..

Your comment is what sparked it off, LOL! You have the 1st part of this quote right. The 2nd part is completely wrong, but you can't see that. You have your head shoved so far up your ass & it has found its way into Brett's behind. I'm sure he doesn't appreciated that, butt maybe he does. Now, take some time pull your head out & get some oxygen to that rock you call a brain.

Without the history of the sport, there would be nothing for Brett to promote! History didn't get made without people promoting nothing & it was not done by one person. This turmoil or whatever you want to call it is not going to get fixed by one person.  

Now, to back up my claim to your oxygen lacking rock brain. Tony DA Tiger is a perfect example of one promoting Drag Racing. He has been consistently doing that in the past & is still doing it now! I'm sure Brett can fill you in on the details.

Wrong. Facebook, which is the commonly used form of promotion over a broad audience these days shows otherwise. I don't see ANY other racer/rider/person doing anything near what Brett does. He promotes EVERYONE, even his own competitors.

History is simply that. Was, used to be, has been... In the PAST. Just for fun last night, I went to Skip's website.. The last post in the Shoutbox was this:

Hmm....hate to see this new site with no action. At least there was something going on with the old one. Just don't see the point of not bringing the old info forward to the new site. Maybe I missed it somewhere!

Look familiar? It should.. You posted it November 23, 2012... This right here proves to me that certain people THINK they're doing stuff, when they're not, Skip included. I've never heard of him. I've never seen a post on Facebook by him. Nothing, nowhere. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but there are people who think they're getting the word out when they're not. Fact.

Another fact is that you'd rather sit here and argue with me about who's doing what than just contribute in any way you can. There are doers and there are talkers. You're either one or the other.

Pot calling the kettle black. You set here & argue with me, but that's different because it's OK for you to do it.

I'm not against you or Brett, but if the sport was all peachy it wouldn't be where it's. I'll throw this out, because this is where the sport needs to grow. Until, someone stands up & makes a stand on the problems it's going to continue.

Here it's to both you & Brett to actually fix most of the problems. I would almost bet you have already discussed it. Put on a 300' race centrally located in the US, using some safety areas, other areas & listening to the racer's.Then set out reasonable guidelines for the sports future. Now, the ball is in your court.

I'll be the 1st one to roll up my sleeves/get dirty, sponsor, race or any way else I could contribute. But according to you there's only one person that does & can do that.

Nothing is getting fixed by keyboarding, starting new .coms or forums. Because everyone wants to be best buddy's, play both sides of the fence, not ruffle any feathers & the list goes on.

I didn't convey everything I wanted to get across here, but someone may get it.

I'll offer my cell # in PM if you wish to discuss it, but I'm sure little old me has nothing to offer the sport.

I personally can't see Atv drag racing attracting any big sponsors. Which is weird because MX/XC sort of does. It's just such a small crowd it seems.

Those organizations have rules and regulations. I mean, you generally don't see the riders in tennis shoes and cut off shirts.

Pot calling the kettle black. You set here & argue with me, but that's different because it's OK for you to do it.

I'm not against you or Brett, but if the sport was all peachy it wouldn't be where it's. I'll throw this out, because this is where the sport needs to grow. Until, someone stands up & makes a stand on the problems it's going to continue.

Here it's to both you & Brett to actually fix most of the problems. I would almost bet you have already discussed it. Put on a 300' race centrally located in the US, using some safety areas, other areas & listening to the racer's.Then set out reasonable guidelines for the sports future. Now, the ball is in your court.

I'll be the 1st one to roll up my sleeves/get dirty, sponsor, race or any way else I could contribute. But according to you there's only one person that does & can do that.

Nothing is getting fixed by keyboarding, starting new .coms or forums. Because everyone wants to be best buddy's, play both sides of the fence, not ruffle any feathers & the list goes on.

I didn't convey everything I wanted to get across here, but someone may get it.

I'll offer my cell # in PM if you wish to discuss it, but I'm sure little old me has nothing to offer the sport.

I like to ruffle feathers. I am all for the advancement. My hands are pretty well tied though. I run about 10-12 hillclimb weekends from May to September. I don't have a lot of extra time to put on any races. I will do what I can though.

I think if all the promoters and tracks got together and said these are the rules, that most people would be fine with it. You can't put safety rules to a vote. They need to be done plain and simple.

I think there are probably several big companies who would like to be involved, but there's no way they're backing something that looks so sloppy. There needs to be a certain amount of professionalism in the drag racing community to be taken seriously.

Bryan's an old grumpy fucker, lol, but I think he's got some good points. I think it's time for people like him, Tyler, Brett and others that want to help the sport grow to put differences aside and get this going. I personally can't afford to race a PSDA race or be competitive but I sure enjoy racing locally. If the big time divisions grow so will the local scene. Come on girls have a group hug and get your shit together.

On a side note: Bryan has been very helpful when I have talked to him on the phone.

Bryan's an old grumpy fucker, lol, but I think he's got some good points. I think it's time for people like him, Tyler, Brett and others that want to help the sport grow to put differences aside and get this going. I personally can't afford to race a PSDA race or be competitive but I sure enjoy racing locally. If the big time divisions grow so will the local scene. Come on girls have a group hug and get your shit together.

On a side note: Bryan has been very helpful when I have talked to him on the phone.

LOL!

Thanks Juan, my basic outline in my last post is the only hope I have for organized 300'. I have many more ideas to go along with that post. 

As for the phone conversations, I've helped a good many. I put my differences aside with Tyler & put the offer out there. I have no real desire to talk with a mini-me, LOL!

Couldn't have said it any better than how Johnathon put it right here^. This is basically what I was trying to say in my previous post but juan put it out there clear as day. Differences aside, get a hold of all the track owners only, set the rules and let everyone else bitch about them when they are officially posted. They don't like them, they don't race. Simple as that. I say simple and I know it isn't but humor me here

What is so hard about getting these things pertaining to safety implemented? That's a serious question. Every track owner or person who runs a track will tell you safety is the number one priority. So why not take safety to the max? If people aren't interested in the safety standards then they can race at the dunes.