ATVDragRacerHQ.com Forum

locogato11283

How many that have posted in this thread have raced at a Pro Sand or Planet Sand event?

IMO, I don't think it matters. Next it will be I've raced more PSDA/PS races than you.

It's more about attracting newcomer's to the sport.

only you

We have, but don't care. if someone is thinking or wanting to race them venues. They should be able to express their concerns.

Ok. Some math nerd needs to do a statistical analysis of how many passes have been made, and how many wrecks. Especially wrecks where mentioned safety equipment would have prevented such wrecks or injuries due to such wrecks. Again, I'm not opposed to proper safety equipment. The very few wrecks and injuries I have seen would not have been prevented, however.

Why do you wear a seatbelt? Or a rubber? I'm not disagreeing with the logic, just that some are acting like its a death trap to race a mere 300 feet.

You are not understanding the big picture man! It only takes one person to get hurt! How do you think people will react when they find out the guy had no safety gear on? Would you want your million dollar company on some unsafe racing facility? I am 100% guilty of racing in a tshirt and shoes, hell I even raced in my moccasins one day. But I'm not going to sit here and say fuck safety gear because I will never have a issue. I race in small areas with not a lot of people at the event. You pros are calling yourself "pros" but yet your stuff is set up and Enforced just like at the bumfuck tracks I have been to.

For the record we wear helmets, long sleeves, pants, etc, that are required. Even if you have a set of armor on, you could still get hurt in a wreck. If all of this fuss is for someone to where a helmet, neck brace, boots, long sleeve jacket, and pants I'm ok with that. It's just all of you people who have never been to a race are the ones preaching it.

• Like 1

For the record we wear helmets, long sleeves, pants, etc, that are required. Even if you have a set of armor on, you could still get hurt in a wreck. If all of this fuss is for someone to where a helmet, neck brace, boots, long sleeve jacket, and pants I'm ok with that. It's just all of you people who have never been to a race are the ones preaching it.

I race in a series that has a set of rules and to ride you must abide by them.

My real point is that safety gear rules/regs should lead to some sponsors/media stepping up to cover races. You just aren't going to see any of them while guys are still wearing running shoes and t-shirts. And in my opinion, the drag racing scene could really benefit from those sponsors/media coverage.