ATVDragRacerHQ.com Forum

locogato11283

What is so hard about getting these things pertaining to safety implemented? That's a serious question. Every track owner or person who runs a track will tell you safety is the number one priority. So why not take safety to the max? If people aren't interested in the safety standards then they can race at the dunes.

The problem is that the racers don't want to mess with safety gear or any sort of regulations.. Well, except for asphalt racers because the tracks have mandatory rules.

The sand tracks are the problem. They need to set a nationwide set of rules and be done with it. People will conform to it.

Most track owners don't care or at least seem to care. They continue to allow it.

I agree they just need to some nation wide kind of thing.

Being someone who hasn't traditionally worn safety equipment I honestly don't see a problem with that. It can only make things better. Imo

If track owners don't want to adhere to some type of serious safety policy then I believe they don't need to be around.

I agree they just need to some nation wide kind of thing.

Being someone who hasn't traditionally worn safety equipment I honestly don't see a problem with that. It can only make things better. Imo

If track owners don't want to adhere to some type of serious safety policy then I believe they don't need to be around.

the few backwoods atv races i have been to the only safety gear required is a helmet.

what all safety rules are you guys wanting to see put in place? imo it would help alot if we all practice what we are preaching even when were at the dunes.

I don't get it I guess. You have guys going to tracks to race..driving hrs at a time, buying all the proper tools , spare parts, ect. They spend $ 8 - 10,000.00 on the engine (or more) spend 1000.00 on a set of rear tires ..or more.. tons of money on fuel, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on... but buying a good DOT and SNELL helmet, a 300.00 neck brace, some 200.00 boots is too much of an inconvenience? I know there are a couple other little bits and pieces. .but in the grand scheme of things, we aren't talking about much money compared to the rest of the expenses involved in racing.

I would also assume there would be a few safety details the track it's self would need to implement.

Sent from a van down by the river

the few backwoods atv races i have been to the only safety gear required is a helmet.

what all safety rules are you guys wanting to see put in place? imo it would help alot if we all practice what we are preaching even when were at the dunes.

The dunes are a different story altogether.

The point of rules and regulations is to provide a common ground in which all tracks/series can go by. Having some sort of bare minimum standards will help increase the chance of outside sponsors.

The bottom line is that without some sort of media coverage, big time sponsors or private donations, the sport will go nowhere. I'd like to see it advance.

NO big company is going to endorse a sport where people wear tennis shoes and t-shirts on 100+HP machines running 100mph down a track. It's just not going to happen.

99.9% don't do 100 mph in 300ft. At most races most never hit 90 mph.

40, 90, 100.. They can all be deadly speeds.

I see nothing about leathers, chest protectors, neck brace etc? A long sleeve shirt won't do shit when you fall at 100

You even said "hard sole shoes" required. Well shouldn't a steel toe, stiff ankle boot be required if you're looking for safety??

I posted my thoughts there which address all of what you said.

99.9% don't do 100 mph in 300ft. At most races most never hit 90 mph.

Speaking from personal experience of accidents at the dunes, asphalt, & 300'. Serious damage happens to your body at speeds between 50-80 mph. Dunes was basic safety: helmet, gloves, jeans, long sleeve shirt & kill lanyard. Asphalt testing at airport: helmet, Kevlar gloves, jeans, leather jacket, leather boots & kill lanyard. 300': helmet, Kevlar gloves, long sleeve, jeans, lanyard. All areas contributed to serious bodily harm! 

I see nothing about leathers, chest protectors, neck brace etc? A long sleeve shirt won't do shit when you fall at 100

You even said "hard sole shoes" required. Well shouldn't a steel toe, stiff ankle boot be required if you're looking for safety??

These are psda rules, not my rules.  I did not help make them either.