10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

interesting thread really. stock cases dont seem to hold up to a dmx. herek, a snowmobile guy from what i understand ported the record holding dmx. k&t doesnt do trans(supposedly), and last but not least bennet is doing some touch up porting his own way. all things that make you go hhmmmmm.

• Like 1

no vague sweeping statments here brah. just telling it like it is. one of the popular shops that some of you folks use doesnt even know how to weld and he told me that himself, so it should be no suprise that work gets farmed out, depending what shop your dealing with and what work is being performed. alot of parts changers dont have a clue and just assume that every shop conducts business out of a 50,000ft wharehouse with every tool known to man but that certainly isnt the case

Edited by registered user
  • Like 1

dont get me wrong im not talking smack on the shops that arent self sufficient. just merely pointing out that often times there is several people touching your parts along the way, wether you know it or not

no vague sweeping statments here brah. just telling it like it is. one of the popular shops that some of you folks use doesnt even know how to weld and he told me that himself, so it should be no suprise that work gets farmed out, depending what shop your dealing with and what work is being performed. alot of parts changers dont have a clue and just assume that every shop conducts business out of a 50,000ft wharehouse with every tool known to man but that certainly isnt the case

Who gives a flying fukk. As long as I'm faster than the next guy , I don't care what they did to my parts.
  • Like 1

Seeing a couple people brought up some good points about the adapter plate. I asked Angel to check to see if it was flat. Looks like it's going to need be cut about .020

Not going to worry about the change in timing, but have to cut the new domes for the change.

Looks like it will be Jan. for the trip to Shearer's. Then hopefully have it ready for BAKO sand drags in Feb.

• Like 1

Please explain the adapter plate issue. Do you feel it was never true, or had become distorted somehow and your .020 is to flatten it out.

We don't know if the trueness was a problem to start with or it happen during use. When Nick & Green brought up issues with the plate, I wanted it checked. Now it has to be corrected.

This is not directed at you M.

This is the last drill with the stock cases, because Angel wants it that way. He agrees with me if it doesn't work it will get Billet Cases!