10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

I just got home, I'm pretty sore & need a nap. We had problems on all 4 runs Thurs. The 4th run ended with my left hand coming of the bar. I walked away from this one & no trip to the Hospital. The bike is in my son's hands now. They are trying to get the bike back out for a Jan. race at Dome Valley.

FFS...... Maybe its time you hang up the jockey gear and stick with red cup tunning and internet shit stirring! Im assuming by your earlier post about pipe and chassis damage you actually crashed it (again)? What were the issue on the first couple runs?

FFS...... Maybe its time you hang up the jockey gear and stick with red cup tunning and internet shit stirring! Im assuming by your earlier post about pipe and chassis damage you actually crashed it (again)? What were the issue on the first couple runs?

I was done riding, but neither of my son's could ride this past race. So, I decided to climb on for one more race.  I'm officially retired now, no joking! 

1st run we broke a rod end on the wheelie bar was not a pretty sight. 2nd it pogo'd pretty bad & couldn't get 4th gear. 3rd changed rear tires & lowered wheelie bar. It booged & couldn't get 4th gear. 4th I made it to about 150' & the bike about 200' LOL!

Sat. I took the bike to Phoenix for repairs & changes. The biggest thing we all wanted changed, including K&T is the 2.54 primary gears.  The basket speed/clutch engagement was too fast for the standard lock-up. I was testing that for the 1st time & a few other things in the clutch. Anyway, we are putting in 2.68s.

Next it's going back on the dyno, probably at D&M racing. It will be base lined with current tune & then tested with some 44 Lectrons.

You have more problems with this DMX than what I have with my raptor. Incredible.

We are not too worried about it. This motor was built for 1/4 mile asphalt, not 300'. It's not a cookie cutter motor like a cub or sorted out like the DM's. There's not many DMXs putting down killer times & if they are it's being done by the Builder's.

These last few changes we are making is to finalize the set-up for 300'.

We are not too worried about it. This motor was built for 1/4 mile asphalt, not 300'. It's not a cookie cutter motor like a cub or sorted out like the DM's. There's not many DMXs putting down killer times & if they are it's being done by the Builder's.

These last few changes we are making is to finalize the set-up for 300'.

I still wouldn't call most DMs sorted out. Glad you're ok.

• 3 weeks later...