10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

Shitcan the DMX. This is ur out.

You know, I didn't expect that comment from you! Maybe some other's on the BHQ.

I take no outs & many have told me to sell it. That's not who/how I am!

It was a decent running combo when it was on the track. It was only outrun a few times. 1 of those was when it was entered in the next class up, 651-775. I'm sure it was quick enough to beat 98% of the bikes on BHQ. Including the self proclaimed know it all's that have never ran 300'.

Whenever, I get around to buying the Billet cases & get back to 300' with it. I'll welcome anyone to come show me how it's done.

This thread was a review as intended, good, in between or bad! It told the truth with no sugar coating. I should have listened to specific reasons given early by a few about the stock cases. Wheelman (Chris) was the one & only to tell me before the build about the problems. I wish or thought K&T would have informed me about that. I also didn't realize Green had said something early in this thread, but heard him later in the thread & also Nick Bennett.

This thread was a review as intended, good, in between or bad! It told the truth with no sugar coating. I should have listened to specific reasons given early by a few about the stock cases. Wheelman (Chris) was the one & only to tell me before the build about the problems. I wish or thought K&T would have informed me about that. I also didn't realize Green had said something early in this thread, but heard him later in the thread & also Nick Bennett.

I'm sorry but if you didn't know it was a stupid ass idea to put a DMX in stock cases you have zero business with one.

I mean, aren't you smart enough to know it's going to try to tear those cases apart? You sure claim to know pretty much everything.

I'm guessing you blatantly ignored whatever Green said because it wasn't convenient to your agenda. Anyway, moving on!

Out of curiosity, why is it a bad idea?? You'd think with the troubles people have with them and the builders name on that cylinder (sometimes) they would urge heavily against it.

I'm guessing they do heavily urge against it, but sometimes customers insist.

Why on earth would you put a 150+HP motor in a set of cases designed for a 40HP motor?

I understand that 300' guys are trying to save weight, but it's just stupid to think those cases will hold up.

I've seen what 120+HP motors do to cases when something lets go.

I've also seen what happens to a set of billet cases when a crank breaks in half. I'll take billet.

I'm sorry but if you didn't know it was a stupid ass idea to put a DMX in stock cases you have zero business with one.

I mean, aren't you smart enough to know it's going to try to tear those cases apart? You sure claim to know pretty much everything.

I'm guessing you blatantly ignored whatever Green said because it wasn't convenient to your agenda. Anyway, moving on!

Wheelman only warned me of the case warp with the crank bores with the welding being done. As for Green warning me, it was after the motor was built. So, like all the other's I decided to let if fly. Then after the fact, the specifics came out about the plate problem.

I'm by far a 300' expert. Nick Bennett went from stock case DMX to holding the world record with billet. So, according to wannabe know it all advice. Nick should have zero business with a DMX!  I'm in no way implying that will be my case, no pun intended.  :P

Live and learn...... IF I was to build anything NA it would be the identical 80/64 setup that STY has unless I could get my hands on the same combo in the latest version of the billet cylds but there's very little chance of that. Put that thing in billets, and run it using your typical race program. That bike will FLY! Get it sorted on motor and then let them Ricans put their N2O program on it!!!!

Live and learn...... IF I was to build anything NA it would be the identical 80/64 setup that STY has unless I could get my hands on the same combo in the latest version of the billet cylds but there's very little chance of that. Put that thing in billets, and run it using your typical race program. That bike will FLY! Get it sorted on motor and then let them Ricans put their N2O program on it!!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement & I agree with the motor set-up. I don't know about the N20, but I'm in the right company to do that!

• 2 weeks later...