Builders Race

srp

Then this is simple.. Bring your 225 jockey and enter.. 

I just about busted a gut when you said you do not race any of your bikes and one of your bikes you have never rode (Mr Spectator). How does it feel to travel all the way to Gilbert to be the head cheerleader? Need I say more about picking a builder than tunes for a 90 pound rider?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just about busted a gut when you said you do not race any of your bikes and one of your bikes you have never rode (Mr Spectator). How does it feel to travel all the way to Gilbert to be the head cheerleader? Need I say more about picking a builder than tunes for a 90 pound rider?

You know your calling out most builders by saying that? Putting a jockey on a bike is no different than changing the tire size or the gearing. But if you really think there is something wrong with it then ILL meet you in Gilbert, riding my OWN bike.

Also, if you bought a proven setup and you can't get it to run. Ever think maybe its operator error? Nooo, couldn't be

You know your calling out most builders by saying that? Putting a jockey on a bike is no different than changing the tire size or the gearing. But if you really think there is something wrong with it then ILL meet you in Gilbert, riding my OWN bike.

Also, if you bought a proven setup and you can't get it to run. Ever think maybe its operator error? Nooo, couldn't be

I will be at the HQ ride for sure and ready to race if you want. If some builders think I am calling them out, they should show up at the HQ ride and race. That's kinda the whole reason for having builders race. 

If I go to a big race next year it will be in Missouri.

So you will only travel to Missouri to race but you expect others to travel multiple states just to have a race in the dunes???

Makes no sense....but to each there own.

What I want to know is, why does it have to be associated with another organization (PS or PSDA)? It's not like either of them have the tracks locked up where only they can hold events. Let's setup the HQ events, create your own rules, regulations, etc. to match what you want to see? Most tracks I have been to aren't going to turn away an opportunity to gather a bunch of racers, they don't care what you ride, it's the fact that you are riding that matters

wow this is amazing..

i think i rember holeshot 'n just about everyone at the last hq ride multiple times  and i weigh 280+ lbs, have a motor that is on its 6th season, and is sapposivley an "outdated" design..

no matter what  you all know  i'll be at the hq ride  riding my own bike and having a hell of a time with my friends.  

if you want to make it "fair"  take that damn wheelie bar off..  run a real "dune" bike..

i totally understand using a "jockey" at a track  if you are at a level where you are a bike owner there is nothing wrong with that.  those races are for setting records that as far as i know  NOONE outside of the atv industry even cares about..   if i was chasing a number OR was concer'nd about how my motor/ chassis combo looked to the industry through the net  i would definatley be building a differnt motor combo and using a jockey.. 

in my opinon  i think its not who can build the fastest bla bla bla   its who can make the bike DO what the customer wanted..   what they were looking for in a bike ( rider, dunner, trail bike, drag race  track race etc)  and to ME personally  reliability..  including  hot lap ability.  

every couple of years since i can rember  peep's tried getting a "builders race" going  they never were very conclusive even the ones at the tracks  we used to do "smooth drag days" and those were a LOT of fun.  had a long strip that was grommed  and one flagger with 2 "red light" dudes  and 2 dudes at the end to decide winner.  we all met up at like noon or some shit  and went out and had fun.  i think we all threw 10 bucks in a hat and divided it up at the end to the top 2 racers. 

i might still have some pictures of it.  there was also an old issue od sand sport that had some really great pictures of one of the events.

thats an idear.  why not have a bansheehq drag race also.    

you could have a "first annual" and have classes and then post up fastest on the HQ on its own page..   what fun!

plus i KNOW noone would get "banned" for having an opinion on this site.

i am sure any of the tracks in or around missouri, ks area would love to hold one.

i'd vote holeshot dand drags in eldorado.  i think a lot more from oklahoma area would be able to go easier.  and its kinda in the middle.

To the tracks, they don't care what classes are run or how, they are happy to have bikes attend. If a drag race is what HQ wants to hold, I think it would be cool to have an asphalt race and a dirt/sand event. Hell, HQ could setup all kinds of events for different types of riders, even if it's just one event a year for a particular setup. Fuck joining someone else's gig, create your own, make it yours.

I will be at the HQ ride for sure and ready to race if you want. If some builders think I am calling them out, they should show up at the HQ ride and race. That's kinda the whole reason for having builders race. 

If I go to a big race next year it will be in Missouri.

I swear you make yourself look more like a idiot everytime you get into one of these internet fights. You talk a ton of shit about what your bikes will do and about what your pipes will do then you want everyone to come meet you at a race you chose????? Fucking really dude. If your shit is really that fast take it to all the big tracks and set all the records and prove what a bad ass you are dont just run your mouth on the internet!! None of the other builders feel the need to get on here and claim they build motors that will haul fat people and blah blah blah instead they just build the shit and prove it out on the sand and on the track. They are to busy building motors to get in these fights on here.