Reliable Piston?

corypro

So in the midst of a rebuild I went and ordered a .75 piston kit from ebay. Thinking I was getting a wiesco kit, I actually received two no-name pistons and am stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment. I cannot return the pistons as the seller has been removed from eBay. I was wondering if anyone has used the same pistons I've received and what was their experience like. Would it be worth it to cut my losses and go with a wiseco kit?

http://www.m-and-d.com/ATV-612-7821.html

M&D Piston (made in Taiwan)

Thanks for your input

Wiesco pro-lites. Unless you got a 4mill....but wiesco pro-lites are gonna be your best bet. Thats what got recommended by FAST also. Personally i take what our site sponors say seriously.....these guy eat sleep and breathe banshees everyday....they know whats great and have experienced what fucks up....

do you have a picture of them, like under the piston or near the pin ?.

they are 25 bux, they will be cast and probably a bad cast at that.

i havent heard of them, id just get some wiseco's. there is other pistons out there that are good, but i always use wiseco's.

I'll have to snap some pics tonight but from what I can recall, there were no identifiable markings as to any brand. It looked like a cheap cast but it's not like I had plans on putting this engine through a battery of torture tests.

Ok, so here's what i'm going to do. The person who I bought the banshee from blew a piston and made quite a mess. It was a 64.75 but I would feel better if I went up one size incase some of the scores would not allow for proper compression. Wiseco is my number one choice but I wanted to educate myself and explore all my options. It seems like there are other popular choices like forged WSM pistons and Namura's. What info can you guys share on these other brands?

• 4 weeks later...

wisecos are a safe bet,but i have used the wsms as well that i have gotten from TDR.Im sure they wouldnt use crappy pistons.I have used namura b4 too in the past.Worked fine for the time i ran them.Wiseco though would be first choice.