Reliable Piston?

corypro

If your motor doesn't have any port work, I'd recommend going with the Vito's Pro Stock pistons. They have a dropped front edge that gives the motor the illusion that it's ported. They boost power and are very reliable. We've got a bike that dyno's at 50HP with them and he's using stock carbs, head, reeds and just Pro Circit pipes. (Stock is 34-36HP) We're going with a cool head and domes to raise compression this year as well as switching to V-force reeds. I think the Pro Stocks would fit your situation perfectly.

If your motor doesn't have any port work, I'd recommend going with the Vito's Pro Stock pistons. They have a dropped front edge that gives the motor the illusion that it's ported. They boost power and are very reliable. We've got a bike that dyno's at 50HP with them and he's using stock carbs, head, reeds and just Pro Circit pipes. (Stock is 34-36HP) We're going with a cool head and domes to raise compression this year as well as switching to V-force reeds. I think the Pro Stocks would fit your situation perfectly.

ya there very good pistons from what i can tell i have my banshee with t6 pipes and lid off air box thing rips good and i have over a 100 hrs on them and compression is still 125-130 on stock head

X2

That's why we're putting a cool head on his bike this season...to raise compression. He's going to run 110 or OXY 113 and race MX in the Megacross series. He's gotten 80 hrs. on them and they still look new. Good to hear your getting the same reliability as we are. How do you like the T-5's with that set-up? We're going to be testing some FMF's,CPI's, Shearers,Fat Bastards in addition to re-testing with the ProCircits. Oddly we don't have any T-5's at this point to try....

So in the midst of a rebuild I went and ordered a .75 piston kit from ebay. Thinking I was getting a wiesco kit, I actually received two no-name pistons and am stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment. I cannot return the pistons as the seller has been removed from eBay. I was wondering if anyone has used the same pistons I've received and what was their experience like. Would it be worth it to cut my losses and go with a wiseco kit?

http://www.m-and-d.com/ATV-612-7821.html

M&D Piston (made in Taiwan)

Thanks for your input

you can go broke trying to save money

Run cheap pistons the skirt falls off and locks up the crank....I know :shootself:

im sure companies dont make pistons to just break for no apparent reason.Its not like nobody has ever threw a rod with a wiseco piston on it.Never had a problem with the wsms pistons from TDR.They have been in business longer than most of these so called "banshee experts" i would think they know what they are doing..

Edited by armyvet

Go with wiseco. Look at the guys who have the "bigger" motors thats what they run. I have never had a problem with there pistons failing. They are tried and test and have been workin for years. You get what you pay for, If this sport was cheap everyone would do it. thats why only certian people stick with it cause its not cheap.