fuel injecting the Shee

dusty_v141

hey guys im workin on gettin my stuff together too fuel inject the shee and im trying too figure what all i need. im going too use a microsquirt from megasquirt. thats the only ecu i have looked. if there are any other brands im open too sugestions. im going too use the throttal bodies off a yamaha r6 or r1. i know i need an o2 sensor but i really dont know what eles othr than injectors and a fuel pump and a pressure regulator i hope i can get with the throttal boddies. could yaw give me some other idas on what i need. thanks.

hey guys im workin on gettin my stuff together too fuel inject the shee and im trying too figure what all i need. im going too use a microsquirt from megasquirt. thats the only ecu i have looked. if there are any other brands im open too sugestions. im going too use the throttal bodies off a yamaha r6 or r1. i know i need an o2 sensor but i really dont know what eles othr than injectors and a fuel pump and a pressure regulator i hope i can get with the throttal boddies. could yaw give me some other idas on what i need. thanks.

How do you plan on keeping the oxygen sensors alive in the oily exhaust pipes?

When I plan on doing mine next year, I don’t plan on putting a o2 sensor. It's not needed for something like this, putting one in won't last so no point.

When doing mine I will enter the values in to the fuel table, adjust as needed after doing plug chops. But that is what I’ll be doing, to each their own.

Plan on use a walbro 255 fuel pump and megasqurit 2, as it is cheaper and I've built one before. No it will not hurt anything if you don't run a o2 sensor, just set the EGO step size to 0%. With MS the o2 only provides feedback for EGO correction. Most people running MS in their cars do not run o2 sensor, but they run wideband O2 sensor to a gauge not to the MS. As for different elevations MS 2 has a built in MAP for that, as for temps run a IAT and a temp sensor if you want.

thanks for posting that article but i have done read that one several times and i also have it saved in my favorites. i have never delt with anything

fuel injected so this is going too be a majior learning experiance for me. i hope too have everything bought and it running buy next spring. im also going too be doing alot of other stuff to the shee this winter. Its a j-arm bike and im going too convert it too a arms and im going too paint the frame and may get new plastics but the fuel injection is going too be my master project. and i was looking at some 02-03 throttle bodies and i dont think they have the fly by wire. i just have too do alot more research so i can try and figure out every bug there might be.thanks for all the help guys and keep posting because yaw might think of stuff i may over look.

Well, i will put two options out there. The first is do it your self. I will not tell you, you can't do it. Although I will tell you that this is a project many will attempt, but just tap out and put their carbs back on to get riding again. The odds are stacked against you, and no matter how much you research, something will go wrong. However if you are seriously willing to persevere, and know that your bike may even be out of comission for more then a year, maybe two, there might be hope for ya. It is alot of money and headache, but it will be worth it. I rode an RZ with a cub top end and efi, WOW! Don't quit when you start, take lots of pics, and make a write up. Then sticky that bitch here so we can all have efi. Oh i guess that would be a good time to ride it a little bit to.........lmao.

Then there is option two, sort of a simple equation that many don't get, but it is always a sure fire way to GIT-R-DONE! It goes something like this.

$+kevin gidgot+$+john stalworth+$ & time+more$+DYNO

Realistically, $3,500 and time, but check out loboboy's bike. It has to be worth it. The thing has to be so spot on every where.

There's EFI and then there is DFI. For clean running and unbelieveable acceleration its DFI and nothing runs like an Evinrude. EFI on a 2 stroke just gains a little over a carb( that is a little better fuel metering) Direct Injection gives you clean emissions and way better fuel economy. by the way I am a marine tech with over 15 yrs experience.

Loboboy and Gigot are buds of mine and Loboboy recently sold his bike to someone out of state. Its a 7mm stock cyl. Without any changes other than Fi it went from I believe 85 before to 94 with Fi and switching to E85. It becomes easier to do as the electronics get better and cheaper and Kevin Gigot did a great job on that bike. Someday maybe we can just retrofit a snomo setup but as of now you need things like a battery and a way to charge it such as a modded 200 watt stator, elect fuel pump, TBs etc. FI will allow you to run larger throttle bodies such as 40-44mms and still have the snap of smaller carbs.I'd like to see a few more FI bikes someday.

I bought Lobo's Outlaw and love it there have been a few speed bumps but well worth it I have a straight mx quad that can dune better then just about any 450 out there. I rode it at 10,000 feet without doing anything to it :headbang: It is a bitch to start when it is warm due to the E85 and 200psi. I am working on getting a hold of Kevin to see if there is anything we can do with that but all in all If you have the money EFI and Banshee work amazing. Taking it to Saint Anthony's this weekend :D