Banshee vs LT500

O.K. I have a big mouth freind that thinks his lt500 (quadzilla) will take my banshee. Now that I have my bike together I want him to put up or shut up. what do you guys think will be at the finish line first? He claims it has a 540cc kit in it. I rode it and if it does I'll be suprised. Yes it moves but not like I thuoght a 540cc would. I have a few things done to my banshee. I'm runnig a stock stroke with a agr. port , 34mm carbs coolhead 19cc domes, no box, rad vavles, cpi's, +4 timming and a few other things I can think of right now. Let me know how you think I'll do and I'll let you know how I did when he mans up.

post-28035-1243339140.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At dunes i was beating a quadzilla! even with the spinning at the launch due to my small paddles.....the quadzilla had a out of frame pipe, better paddles and was that kind of drivers that if he is not the first that launches he will stay at the launch spot...lol...even with this i was beating him, i beat him like 7 of 10...so i guess no problem with a quadzilla...

i look at it like this, ya use shee oweners wanna believe we cant be beat, but when were talking about the quadzilla we have to analize the name. quad=four zilla= japanese dragon beast. were talking about an extra 150cc of engine. im not saying a shee cant beat a zilla, im saying the the zilla was ment to beat the shee.

try it out let the race be the judge, just in my opinion the zillas engine was design to go in a straight line and i hate to ride one on a track.

forgot where i herd this "there is no replacement for displacement"

forgot where i herd this "there is no replacement for displacement"

Turn one tee shirt. I own 5 of them! Our slogan in the shop is "justification for modification and a higher education".

Anyway. Been building motors for 15yrs. owned a nasty "Honzilla" (TRX250R/LT500 motor) at about .120" bigbore, would beat any 350 ported Banshee and would leave all stroker banshees on the line but would get caught at the big end by the big motor banshees. The LT500, built right, will own a 350 Banshee but reliability of them is not so good. The '87 cylinders were better (bigger).

Brandon

honzilla_small2.jpg

Edited by blowit

yikes. honzilla sounds like a scary idea. jw why wouldnt you just use a cr500 powerplant?

Counter balancer. Been on a TRX/CR500 and my teeth hurt after. Might be able to get creative with the motor balancing though since that motor is a better setup than the LT. Right now I am running a Laeger TRX with a 450BB power valve cylinder on it on alky. GOOD TIMES! Love it.

you lost me... the ltr is better balanced in a trx frame than a cr?

The LT motor was built with a counter balancer shaft in the motor. The CR was not. ie, more vibes from the CR motor. They can violently break motor mounts, frames, etc. The LT is no caddy though. Tool some serious dampening to get it to calm down in the quad frame.

B