Want to set up a torquey trail monster?

robert0762

both...

dont worry this pointless argument seems to happen once or twice a year... seems to always be when there is a food shortage in Mi and the fat guys get angry

stay away from fat guys that are hungry i'm 257 and i get stupid hungry mad!get in my belly!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stay away from fat guys that are hungry i'm 257 and i get stupid hungry mad!get in my belly!

LOL !!

Now thats some funny shit ! :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

I look into building suspension first. I can ride longer and take whats thrown at the bike alot easier. But all in all for a trail monster is it tight ass trees or trails where cars can drive down the dirt road? I went from stock bike to whats in my sig and the bike screamed on the trails and dunes. Now i wanted more power to kill. so I ported the jugs for the trail/dunes. Still waiting on crank to get trued and welded and then its back together for trail riding season. I just cant wait to see how much of a diff the porting will be. But knowing what kind of trails you are riding on will help out the builders help you build your bike.

I can easily beat a stock 450 in drags

Mmmmmm ok. But my money would still be on the 450. Plus you add the pipe and basic stuff to the 450 that you did the banshee and the 450 wins IMO. Go drive a 450 and see how easy they are to launch, shift etc compared to a shee. But this isnt one of those banshee vs threads so i wont go on. :biggrin:

he meant trail, obviously, hes italian, from staten island, give him a break..

and he was being sarcastic on top of that.. i thought anyone would have seen that a mile away.. i guess now :kiss:

everything else you said, direct it at dajdjodjeer because hes the idiot who always says "buy a 4 stroke" in any thread that mentions the words banshee and woods together..hes too out of shape to jockey a banshee 300 feet in a striaght line, let alone around the woods for 6 hours a day , he needs a rhino with a beer holder

Once again....talking out your ass.

Anyone that rides with me knows I ride the ever living piss out of my bike. Do I let lighter riders make passes to see what kind of times it can turn? Yes. Go to any sanctioned race and you'll see the same thing.

I'm sorry I wasn't born a scrawny little mama's boy like you.

I'm a big guy...and I know I'm not the only one. But unfortunately there are more scrawny clowns like you out there on the keyboard who type tough and that's it.

Once again...you started the drama, you've posted all this crap, crying and whining, and I've still yet to see you offer him any suggestion from your own experience. You wanted to keep this on PMs, yet you keep going and going running your mouth here, and STILL have no suggestion for him. And to be honest, I'm sure the 10000 people PM'd you to say what a pompous ass and jerk I am... I'd bet I typed something in the last few years that helped them though...doubt we could say the same for you drama queen.

Fat guy up in MI is the best you can do. C'mon...really? So we are 12 now.

The reason I didn't say anything about a 250R is because, as I'm sure you geniuses are all aware of, they were only made for 4 years, are getting harder to find in decent shape, and are expensive if you do...and parts are harder to fine and getting more scarce.

You could say the same for an LT or Tecate as well.

I'll make this school lesson simple for the little kids....since you're probably watching cartoon getting ready to get shipped off to school.

You can make the banshee a decent woods motor for a little price. You are still stuck with a 20 year old suspension design and geometry. You can buy a arms, shocks, etc.

But the frame is still 100% crap.

I trail rode banshees for a long time, I'm not just some little kid that but a boost bottle on one, a new set of grips...and air filter and thought it was cool. That's all we'd ride is trails. When I was younger I didn't have the money to build a drag bike like I have now, so me and buds would load up a trailer and go trail ride...and we'd do it for hours and days on end.

I know how they ride in ruts, whoops, sand, wide open flat trails, berms, etc.

Angel Ripper, don't be so banshee head strong and follow the paths of these clowns. You too could be the laughing stock of the HQ if you want to follow their lead.

I'm sure Kim did very well on a banshee. Tell me if he still rides one. Tell me how many are now in GNCC and moto cross races.

Tell me how many factory teams there has been for them in the past 5 years or so. Please....tell me. Thought so.

Bellracing.

I respect what you're saying, I respectfully disagree...that's all. You've been civil with me and avoided the childish name calling and actually contributed to this thread, I respect that and you.

We can agree to disagree but still be civil. Something the kids just don't understand....

Wtf is goin on here guys... Why does everyone want to bash the guy that always has good input into a topic? Most of you helmets dont even know Dave, or how much of a stand up guy he really is. Good response Dave, I mean I bash the hell out of my trail Banshee and its a blast. I also have stock suspension and my body is wrecked for 2 days after LOL... Id definalety buy a newer 4 stroke with proper suspension geometry, and be golden all day on the trails.

Gotta love that Banshee power, but there is no denying the tragic suspension.

You'll be a helluva lot poorer "making" a banshee a good trail bike as you would a used box stock 450....

:)

I spent 1k on my 87 banshee, put some FMF fatties on it, with a KN changed the jetting all for under 1500, all the parts were used. and I can easly pass my buddy on his 400ex on the trails, all you have to do is stay on it and you wont have any problems on the trails.

The suspension does suck though.

actually thinking about doing the 450 shocks, but dont know if that is a good Idea with J arms.

I spent 1k on my 87 banshee, put some FMF fatties on it, with a KN changed the jetting all for under 1500, all the parts were used. and I can easly pass my buddy on his 400ex on the trails, all you have to do is stay on it and you wont have any problems on the trails.

actually thinking about doing the 450 shocks, but dont know if that is a good Idea with J arms.

I have D-Arms made by Roll Design on my 87 frame. They have automotive style ball joints that r replaceable. They are SUPER strong arms!

Bellracing.

I respect what you're saying, I respectfully disagree...that's all. You've been civil with me and avoided the childish name calling and actually contributed to this thread, I respect that and you.

We can agree to disagree but still be civil. Something the kids just don't understand......................................................................

........................................... agreed ! everyone has to remember 1 main thing : OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES ...................EVERYONES GOT ONE !

Edited by bellracing2

The J Arms are a weaker design, but now it's to the point you're riding on 20 year old ball joints.

I would look for a quality D arm as said...and get YFZ shocks. I've read of a lot of problems with guys using YFZ Shocks on stock A Arms due to ball joints getting smoked....and it sits higher as well.

87sheerips D Arms are tough as nails and well built, I'd have no concerns about trail riding with those....

Holy Cow..The poor guy that started the thread left,after the fighting started :down:

If he is still listnening, Go get you a 2into1 pipe,on ebay for about 200 bucks, a set of Boyeson reeds and some 240 main jets, and a 12 tooth frt sprocket..For less than 300 bucks, you wont believe how much low end you will gain.

I rode my Bansh for years on the knarliest trails you can find with that set-up,out tuorqed raptors and 450's and loved it..I use to challenge them guys, who could go the slowest uphills.I would stop and wait for them,let them pass, then take off mid hill and be the last to the top.

Edited by 2twin350s

The thread didn't start out with "I am in the market for a new or used quad and would like some input into what would be a good machine for trail riding?" Hardly anyone would have objected to a YFZ or similar 4 stroke machine as a suggestion. It instead started out "I have this Banshee and would like to know how to make it trail worthy". This is how the trouble began. I should have known better than to respond to this thread.

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics: Even if you win you are still a retard.