Want to set up a torquey trail monster?

robert0762

you are basically insulting all of us who LOVE riding our bikes in the woods, theres no place id rather ride mine then way back deep in the woods.

I didn't even read half that chicken scratch.

If you're truly insulted by me telling to you a 4 stroke is a better trail machine than a banshee without suspension and motor mods, than you're a bigger child than those you molest.

Grow up dude... you're all about the drama.

Put some facts and experience behind any of your statements....if you could, you can't.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No cliques here... just pointing out that you dont contribute anything to this board but are the first person to try and bust peoples balls when you dont like a response..

also.. with a 400ex only costing around 1500. It would make more torque then a banshee for less money then building one up. and be a all around better machine in the woods. So I saw that as a viable option to "want to setup a torquey trail monster" depending on budget.. wich wasn't stated..

So thats my take on that and now I'm done with this thread unless it turns civil and gets back to topic.

like firehead usually says... WORD.... :geek:

i bought a 4 stroke. I dont see what the problem is.

it was a suggestion.

do stock carbs, fmf gnarlys w/ turbine core silencers, remove

the air box lid, +4 timing and cool head with smaller domes depending upon

location elevation wise. should run pretty good without going

into the engine..... :thumbsup:

Edited by Hilarious

Grow up dude... you're all about the drama.

Put some facts and experience behind any of your statements....if you could, you can't.

like i said, the only things i post about are things that i have experience with and know to be facts for the msot part... get off my ass, you have had a hardon for me, for years.. i said PM me if u had a problem.. so PM me if you got any problems and we can discuss it stop trying to impress everyone with the same old insults

and lastly.. take your own advice on the top line

like firehead usually says... WORD.... :geek:

i bought a 4 stroke. I dont see what the problem is.

it was a suggestion.

do stock carbs, fmf gnarlys w/ turbine core silencers, remove

the air box lid, +4 timing and cool head with smaller domes depending upon

location elevation wise. should run pretty good without going

into the engine..... :thumbsup:

fmf gnarlys are a great low end pipe for trails. thats what my bro runs and he loves them. as for the airbox lid removal i think your better off cutting a 3 inch square onto the lid. this is what i did and it gets alot more air into the box but because the lid is still on it, water for the most part keeps out. if you remove the entire lid and run trails alot of water can get sucked up.

I like mine for the woods and setup is : stock engine/ports , stock head milled .027 " +4 deg w / adjustable timing plate , dynoport 2 into 1 pipe , stock carbs , stock gearing . runs very good down low, has real good CONTROLLABLE power in the mid and revs out good . I can easily beat a stock 450 in drags . you dont need max power for the woods , and if you want to go to the dunes just change the pipes and jets , easy as that !

Ive got a bike that ive built for a 300+ lb rider that is really strong down low. A lot will no believe me but it has a lot more low end than any 2 stroke ive ever ridden. Its a pretty aggresive dune type port with rockets and 28 pwk's. 15/41 gearing and stock yfz tires. 1-5 nuetral down tranny, +4 timing and 160psi for compression. I ported the cylinders with relatively high intake duration and low end favored angles. He can ride the bike anywhere he wants to at little sahara dunes.

I can easily beat a stock 450 in drags .

Easily?

I would like to see that with stock carbs and a dynoport pipe.

Not saying it can't be done...nothing is for sure, but I'd really have to see that, who's riding each bike, rider weight, and skill.

I don't know how a high 30 HP bike is easily beating a low 40 HP bike (yes, bone stock) that's 40 to 50 lbs lighter and hooks up better/easier.

Easily?

I would like to see that with stock carbs and a dynoport pipe.

Not saying it can't be done...nothing is for sure, but I'd really have to see that, who's riding each bike, rider weight, and skill.

I don't know how a high 30 HP bike is easily beating a low 40 HP bike (yes, bone stock) that's 40 to 50 lbs lighter and hooks up better/easier.

Not everyone is a drag racer ! I have been riding for 30 yrs , my buddy has been riding street bikes for 20 yrs . his 1st quad is 05 yfz450 rider @ 230 lbs , me @ 300 lbs . and yes , Easily , if you know how to ride ! the new 450 don't impress me at all , no torque , rev to the moon , they should have just made em 2 strokes . this is my experience , my machine is dialed in really well . strong torquey powerband , has an electric kind of feel to it . like I stated before , great woods combo , very easy to control .

fuck!! theres shit pies flying around in this thread.. lol..and im not popping my head up!!! like i said before.. a single carb, higher compression/timing. some pro circuits ( i prefer t5's myself), and maybe a trail port.. thats as good as it gets for woods riding.. banshee's are 2 strokes, and we all know the nature of the 2 stroke engine.. sure, you can set it up to have decent low end.. but it will never be as tourqey as our 4 stroke rivals.. only way to almost have it all is to build a powervavle engine.. you can also gear it down a little..

This is Classic....

"the only things i post about are things that i have experience with and know to be facts for the msot part"

before trying to pick someone apart like you always do, its imperative to have the brain power to do so old man..

i was told by you, to not talk like men in pm's but to settle it in public forums, (which seems pretty dumb to me..) but let me translate for you, yet again... i post about things i know about, i help with things i understand , i dont go thread to thread, copying and pasting shit, trying to sound smart, like alot of people on here do. im realistic.. and the part you made bold at the end, that you thought was "classic" i was referring to posts such as "what kind of tires should i get"... in which answers would be more of an opinion, than a fact. any more questions... PM me like i said before... stop clogging up the guys thread with bullshit, retard