Want to set up a torquey trail monster?

robert0762

just an observation...

guys that ride trails dont go into the drag racing threads and tell you guys to sell your banshees and buy a custom hyabusa creation and turbo it and add some nitrous... so why in the hell do some of you have such a big problem with us riding our banshees in the fuckin woods?!

the guy is tryin to make his banshee more woods friendly and the best response you can come up with is buy a 4 stroke?... thats helpful ..

next time someone makes a thread about their 10 mil cub or something... how about us woods riders come in and say "buy a hyabusa and put it in ur banshee frame" .. i bet that would get a good reaction..and probably 4 paragraphs full of insults from the man himself

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just an observation...

guys that ride trails dont go into the drag racing threads and tell you guys to sell your banshees and buy a custom hyabusa creation and turbo it and add some nitrous... so why in the hell do some of you have such a big problem with us riding our banshees in the fuckin woods?!

the guy is tryin to make his banshee more woods friendly and the best response you can come up with is buy a 4 stroke?... thats helpful ..

next time someone makes a thread about their 10 mil cub or something... how about us woods riders come in and say "buy a hyabusa and put it in ur banshee frame" .. i bet that would get a good reaction..and probably 4 paragraphs full of insults from the man himself

well if you knew your shit you would know that the banshee is king of the drags meaning that they can only be drag raced or made into a duner..

banshee and trial do not belong in the same sentence let alone the same topic...

"buy a hyabusa and put it in ur banshee frame" .. i bet that would get a good reaction..and probably 4 paragraphs full of insults from the man himself

So I can't tell them to buy a 4 stroke but you can tell me to get a 4 stroke for drag racing?

As usual...pedophile, your point is...well, pointless.

Purpose built bike. Look it up.

You can spend money on pipes, timing, compression, carbs (1 into two setup or a pair of small 28s) and you'd have a decent trail motor.

Not as good as a 4 poke, but still a trail motor.

Then you can go spend a few Gs on shocks, front arms, etc.

By that time, you just spent WAY more than you could've on a stock 450 with maybe a pipe and air filter.

Like I've said before, I could take a top fuel dragster to the grocery store, but there are better ways and means.

You can make a shee a trail bike, but aside from spending a ton of cash...there's a better way.

Are you so short sighted to think I never rode a banshee in trails? tight trails, open trails, flat trails, whooped out trails? C'mon...get a clue.

That's all I used to ride.... I didn't just hop onto a drag bike one day and go in a straight line.

If he wants a torquey trail bike with a great motor...but shit for suspension, what is the point. JUST LIKE IN DRAG RACING...all the power in the world doesn't do you any good if you don't get it to the ground and/or you can't handle it.

If you want a trail motor (the shitty suspension has already been mentioned) get a trail port from a respected builder.

Get a pair of 28PWK carbs, you won't need any bigger.

Get Pro Circuit or FMF Gnarly or Fatty pipes, lower the front gear one tooth, shave .020 off the stock head or get an aftermarket head with 20cc domes, advance the timing to +4 and run race fuel. If you don't want to run race fuel, leave the head stock and advance the timing 4 degrees.

That will be a noticeable difference.

Meanwhile, someone on a stock 450 will go ripping by....

Now MJ and Zach, before either of you two ass clowns say another word...please answer his question with all of your profound knowledge.

I've stated my case, and given suggestions. You two cheerleaders going to sit on the sidelines and run your traps or are you going to enlighten us?

That's what I thought.

Keyboard jockeys and drama queens at their finest.

You'll be a helluva lot poorer "making" a banshee a good trail bike as you would a used box stock 450....

:)

I still think an even cheaper 400ex would be better route(reverse too). Sure it isnt as powerful but around there parts you can get a nice one for under $2,000 :ohmy: . I havent checked the bike adds lately but used 450's are still pretty high in price.

And speaking of dirtbikes with low end. My 01 yz125 didnt have ANY low end at all. Although im comparing that to my 02yz250 i have now. Come to think of it, im not sure if my ole 125 had powervalves. I never went into the engine or too a good look at the front of it. When i think of low end on a 2 stroke, i think of power before you get on the pipe.

I'm going with some 30 OKO's for my build. Talked to my builder first to see which would be best for MY application. 28's or 30's were recommended. But for right now, i will rock with stock carbs. :biggrin:

On a side note, i would put a busa engine in my shee but my mom said that would be too much power and she would ground me MJ :laugh:

125's traditionally didn't have low end...they were top end screamers.

Pro bikes were even worse. Normal Joes couldn't ride those bikes...they were weapons in the hands of the best (RC, Bubba, Etc.)

That's why you don't see any in the lites class anymore. It's not because of the cc...it's because of usable power.

When you have about 20 feet to accelerate and clear a 50 foot jump, power on demand and power to the ground are critical.

You can still race a 125 in the lites class...but no one does for a reason (just like the supercross class) because you'd be at a disadvantage...big time.

So I can't tell them to buy a 4 stroke but you can tell me to get a 4 stroke for drag racing?

As usual...pedophile, your point is...well, pointless.

Purpose built bike. Look it up.

You can spend money on pipes, timing, compression, carbs (1 into two setup or a pair of small 28s) and you'd have a decent trail motor.

Not as good as a 4 poke, but still a trail motor.

Then you can go spend a few Gs on shocks, front arms, etc.

By that time, you just spent WAY more than you could've on a stock 450 with maybe a pipe and air filter.

Like I've said before, I could take a top fuel dragster to the grocery store, but there are better ways and means.

You can make a shee a trail bike, but aside from spending a ton of cash...there's a better way.

Are you so short sighted to think I never rode a banshee in trails? tight trails, open trails, flat trails, whooped out trails? C'mon...get a clue.

That's all I used to ride.... I didn't just hop onto a drag bike one day and go in a straight line.

If he wants a torquey trail bike with a great motor...but shit for suspension, what is the point. JUST LIKE IN DRAG RACING...all the power in the world doesn't do you any good if you don't get it to the ground and/or you can't handle it.

If you want a trail motor (the shitty suspension has already been mentioned) get a trail port from a respected builder.

Get a pair of 28PWK carbs, you won't need any bigger.

Get Pro Circuit or FMF Gnarly or Fatty pipes, lower the front gear one tooth, shave .020 off the stock head or get an aftermarket head with 20cc domes, advance the timing to +4 and run race fuel. If you don't want to run race fuel, leave the head stock and advance the timing 4 degrees.

That will be a noticeable difference.

Meanwhile, someone on a stock 450 will go ripping by....

i didnt tell you to buy a 4 stroke.haha?.. you took half my quote out of context and turn it around and ttry to use it against me, as usual.. haha .. why do u do this shit man.. honestly? for the sake of arguing?

look back at my post and youl see i said" "HOW ABOUT we tell you to buy a 4 stroke."... kind of a hypothetical scenario... i dont know why im even explaining this to a 30 year old man, im sure you understand what you are tryin to do as usual and what i really MEANT..

you can say "still not as good as a 4 stroke" all you want... but remember, no one here (at least id ont think so) is racing professionally for time... is it easier to ride a 4 stroke around in TIGHT woods? yea... will your "lap times" be a bit faster on a 4 stroke through a tight woods course... yea probably, depending on how tight it is.. but big deal? is the banshee more fun to ride... yes (thats why we all have one.. and i hate to say, but most of us are riding them in the woods/trails/hillclimbs, thats the biggest part of this sport)

im not sure how u can compare a stock 450 with a pipe and filter to a banshee you just listed with a couple thousand in suspension and all the motor mods you just listed.. that doesnt make sense at all to say a stock 450 is gona keep up with that or RIP bye you like you said.thats crazy man.... even my banshee with +2's and cheap works ride way better than the stock yfz anf trx's ive ridden.... im pretty sure i could take a bone stock banshee, stock pipes and all, add some +2's and decent shocks and keep up with stock 450's no problem on the trails i ride..like you said, the suspension is a big limiting factor on trails, especially once you throw in some whoops, turns and off camber sections.. its all about rider skill and conditioning(huge part), i dont think many people are concerned with being the fastest and being 4 seconds ahead of their friend on a 450.. they just want pointers on how to make their beloved banshee a little more friendly for their weekend trips so it doesnt kick their ass

if someone does all the work to a banshee that you are talkion about here, and "someone on a stock 450 goes ripping by" it has NOTHING to do with the bikes, thats all rider error right there the guy on that hypothetical banshee must be a real fat tool that cant ride and the guy on the stock 450 must be bill balance... sorry i just dont agree thats crazy

ever heard the saying "to each his own" ? we like riding our bikes where we ride them, you like riding your bike where you ride it, we all have fun, and thats all that matters... the "best" way isnt the only way, and the most practical isnt always the most fun...this isnt anything personal against you , although im sure it is the other way around, but just lay off on the trail banshee bashing man... you are basically insulting all of us who LOVE riding our bikes in the woods, theres no place id rather ride mine then way back deep in the woods.

just an observation...

I noticed that you didn't have any suggestion on how to "set up a torquey trail monster" to go with your little rant...

Are you going to contribute to the thread or just start shit as usual?

400ex's are going for 1500 or less here. can pick up some older 660 raptors for 2100.

Now MJ and Zach, before either of you two ass clowns say another word...please answer his question with all of your profound knowledge.

I've stated my case, and given suggestions. You two cheerleaders going to sit on the sidelines and run your traps or are you going to enlighten us?

That's what I thought.

Keyboard jockeys and drama queens at their finest.

you are a joke... i try to type out a civilized response, and before i even can,.. you are already posting this shit..fuckin grow up

the only keyboard jokey and drama queen around here is YOU, any 3rd party would figure that out with a quick read of a few of your posts like the above... get your out of shape ass back on the trails and stop running your mouth on the internet all the time..you can have the fastest 450 in the world and wed all blow your doors off on shaft drive 250 kids quads... you are ridiculous man.. it got old so long ago..i cant believe how long someone can hold an internet grudge..

its funny you had nothing to contribute to this thread untill i called you out for being a bitch as usual... hypocrite much dajhodjoder"

i will give my 2 cents since im being called out by the hypocrite hiomself haha

i dont know fuck all about motors, but as far as the rest goes, you will need skid plates over the whole bottom, PRM full length on the back if u got the cash, pro armor belly , some +2+1's, i like the armadillo cause they come with skidplates for $70 more... some 6 ply tires, razr's, itp gncc's, "knarleys" haha.. any of those,.. some decent shocks up front, cheap works work great in the trails, very smooth, taller bars or extended steering stem, i hate nerfs so i use the stock heelguards with the tabs shaved off so they cant stab me when i roll, -1 tooth up front is great especially when it gets tight so uc an stay int he power much easier, and a set of pipes,

Edited by Michael Jackson

I noticed that you didn't have any suggestion on how to "set up a torquey trail monster" to go with your little rant...

Are you going to contribute to the thread or just start shit as usual?

400ex's are going for 1500 or less here. can pick up some older 660 raptors for 2100.

actually no i wasnt, becuase i dont feel i know enough or have the experience with motors to sit here and recommend shit... i could be like half the other people, and sit here and say "mill the head for pump gas, get some 28's, some pro circuits, advance the timing 4 degrees, trail port" bla bla bla... but its been said 20 times already, and personally dont have those mods done to my bike so im not gona be a tool and sit here and just recommend shit that i have no experience with even though ive "read" it somewhere else.

how come you didnt have a problem with ddjaoajer hijacking the thread and telling people to buy 4 strokes.. ? ... i must have missed the sign where dajodjerwas given the exception... if the tables were turned, and i said "buy a 4 stroke" and he came in and ripped me a new asshole for jacking the thread, you guys would all rub his balls.. get real..like a bunch of fuckin highschool girls on here with the little cliques

actually no i wasnt, becuase i dont feel i know enough or have the experience with motors to sit here and recommend shit... i could be like half the other people, and sit here and say "mill the head for pump gas, get some 28's, some pro circuits, advance the timing 4 degrees, trail port" bla bla bla... but its been said 20 times already, and personally dont have those mods done to my bike so im not gona be a tool and sit here and just recommend shit that i have no experience with even though ive "read" it somewhere else.

how come you didnt have a problem with ddjaoajer hijacking the thread and telling people to buy 4 strokes.. ? ... i must have missed the sign where dajodjerwas given the exception... if the tables were turned, and i said "buy a 4 stroke" and he came in and ripped me a new asshole for jacking the thread, you guys would all rub his balls.. get real..like a bunch of fuckin highschool girls on here with the little cliques

No cliques here... just pointing out that you dont contribute anything to this board but are the first person to try and bust peoples balls when you dont like a response..

also.. with a 400ex only costing around 1500. It would make more torque then a banshee for less money then building one up. and be a all around better machine in the woods. So I saw that as a viable option to "want to setup a torquey trail monster" depending on budget.. wich wasn't stated..

So thats my take on that and now I'm done with this thread unless it turns civil and gets back to topic.

No cliques here... just pointing out that you dont contribute anything to this board but are the first person to try and bust peoples balls when you dont like a response..

also.. with a 400ex only costing around 1500. It would make more torque then a banshee for less money then building one up. and be a all around better machine in the woods. So I saw that as a viable option to "want to setup a torquey trail monster" depending on budget.. wich wasn't stated..

So thats my take on that and now I'm done with this thread unless it turns civil and gets back to topic.

i still dont understand what you mean by i contribute nothing to this board...? i hear that shit all the time? it seems when i have something helpfull to say, or recommend something, or answer someones questions, that goes unnoticed(not that it matters)... then the few times i say something to dajdodjoroer about him being a douche to people.. this is what i get....if what you were saying was true, i might take it as an insult, but i know it isnt true... i help people on here all the time, through posts and pm's, sorry my help isnt as technical as yours or some of the others, but like ive said before, i help people with things i KNOW about and have experience with, im not one of the many idiots who goes thread to thread repeating what they read or heard somewhere else.. thats pretty dumb. we have plenty of those idiots on here that go around posting info thats incorrect or they have no clue about and are just repeating other peoples posts.. go give them shit... get off my fuckin back.. if dajodjoer is hajacking threads being a sarcastic asshole for no reason... why shouldnt someone call him out..? hes so quick to call everyone else out that rubs him the wrong way or disagrees with him, hes a big boy i think he can handle himself, behind the keyboard at least :biggrin:

i dont think it ever got uncivil, untill dajodjer started throwing around insults... like my first reply, i was tryin to type a civil response, but he takes it to a nother level before you can even respond, hes a habitual internet tough guy, and its a joke, thats just my opinion though

sorry for NOW having hijacked the thread to the guy who started it... i guess its all my fault, as usual, somehow..i guess i just havnt been a member long enough and kissed anyones ass to be alloweed to hijack threads like a pompous jerk all the time..

i wont post in here anymore

if you feel anything i said was untrue or wrong, please feel free to PM me..

Edited by Michael Jackson