Want to set up a torquey trail monster?

robert0762

Basicly stock right now but i got big plans. I would like some feedback on good setups.

I'm thinkin trinity 2-1 intake with a 35 airstriker, v-3s, I like toomey pipes but arent they more top end.

really no use in getting a cub right???

Deff a good port job but would love some bigger juggs just dont know what kind

but i def want a 4 mill stroker so hows it sound so far and please give plenty of sugg

Sorry just realized this should be in repairs and mods please move if poss.

Edited by robert0762

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basicly stock right now but i got big plans. I would like some feedback on good setups.

I'm thinkin trinity 2-1 intake with a 35 airstriker, v-3s, I like toomey pipes but arent they more top end.

really no use in getting a cub right???

Deff a good port job but would love some bigger juggs just dont know what kind

but i def want a 4 mill stroker so hows it sound so far and please give plenty of sugg

Sorry just realized this should be in repairs and mods please move if poss.

I dont understand. If your looking for a trail monster your jugs are fine, you dont need a 4 mil either.

Just buy some junky used fmf fattys for 100 bucks. You can get a nice port job for $300. Some $40 aftermarket reeds,a adjustable timing plate. Call it a day. Beat the piss out of it....If your really hitting the trails like a monster you will be breaking so much shit you will be glad you saved the money. Id sink some money into tires to.

Get yourself a good low end pipe, a nice mx port job, timing plate, reeds, bump your compression, and a 4mil would set you off nice bc you gain throughout the powerband but isnt necessary.

It all depends how deep you pockets are bud, the mods are endless.

Alot of the guys here, swear by a shorter swinger for the trails and wat not. That may be something for you to look into also.

Good luck

I would focus on suspension instead of power. IMO TQ and banshee doesnt mix. And your sig is a little big(takes up my whole screen) wacko. That's what the gallery is for :ermm:

Edited by RagunCajun

I would focus on suspension instead of power. IMO TQ and banshee doesnt mix. And your sig is a little big(takes up my whole screen) wacko. That's what the gallery is for :ermm:

Sorry about the sig.

Suspension is always the first thing that i work on with my bikes, however thats not what he asked so to each his own.

You are on the right track if you are looking to build a nice lil trail bike. Also i kno alot of guys that run a 2-1 carb setup for the trails and love them aswell. Soo pipes, port ,reeds, bump compression, timing and you'll have a fun trail bike.

My mods are in my profile. But I am very pleased with my setup for trails. It has lots of bottom end and still has plenty of topend to have fun at the dunes or whatever.

Pipes, timing and compression are going to be your biggest gains in the bottom end. I run dual carbs and I like them a lot.

skid plates and good shocks are key items if you want to make it home from the trails.

I'd go with a 4 mil, strong mx port, 19CC domes, +8 timing, reed upgrade, twin 33 pwk and PC or PTR mids pipe. That should give you a pretty nice hardcore low mid motor. Of course with that receipe you'll need race fuel. if you want to keep it on pump gas get 21cc and back off the timing a little.

I would run a set of 28mm pwk or tm carbs. No vf3 reeds, you want carbon tech low tension reeds on stock cages. Run a set of pro circuit pipes. Advance the timing 5 degrees, bump the compression up to at least 165 psi, preferably 180 psi or so. If you have it ported, do not raise the exhaust port at all. Remove the base gaskets and seal the jugs to the cases with some gel seal. Have your squish adjusted by machining the domes on your head. Lightning the flywheel with give you more torque, but take away your holeshot inertia. Put in a set of wiseco pistons, and get a dyna cdi and run it on curve 3. Your gonna need to upgrade the clutch too. If you can swing it, do a 4 mill crank, but keep the exhaust port low, preferably lower than stock would be.

Stock bore/stock stroke

FMF Fattys or Paul Turner Mids (depending on cash)

2-1 Carb setup

MX Portjob

Raised compression (do a 93 octane mill on your stock head)

drop a tooth on the front sprocket

skip the VF3 reeds, do some Boyesens on the stock cages

Timing Plate (+6 or +7 advanced)

spend the rest on suspension.