dodge challenger

sa3ood_banshee

i have owned four fox body mustangs and they have all been standards. what a fun car to drive on the street! unless your goin to strictly run it on the track i say get a five speed. i myself have been beating down the urge for the new challenger! stopped and looked five times allready! :evil:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is on the manule bandwagon from back in the days. You can get some many differant things for an auto that will make it shift smoother and faster then a manule today it's insane. Plus the fact of utilizing line locks, transbrake, stalls, efi/ignition controllers, ect it's very hard to beat an auto these days.

Everyone is on the manule bandwagon from back in the days. You can get some many differant things for an auto that will make it shift smoother and faster then a manule today it's insane. Plus the fact of utilizing line locks, transbrake, stalls, efi/ignition controllers, ect it's very hard to beat an auto these days.

Very true. If i was into drag racing only, i would absolutely buy an auto for all the reasons mentioned here. I just like a manual period. I think they are more fun in a car, and in a truck, well lets just say, ill tow against any auto truck anyday. Sticks kick ass when the loads get heavy.

As far as which is faster, the new camaro or new challenger, i could give a rats ass. I dont street race. (too many tickets will learn you on that) If i was going to build something for running the quarter it sure as shit wouldn't be a new car anyway. I'd love to build a 66 nova with a turbocharged small block. maybe someday. Anyway, I just dont like the way the pics of the new camaro look. Maybe in person i will like it. I dig the challenger though

Very true. If i was into drag racing only, i would absolutely buy an auto for all the reasons mentioned here. I just like a manual period. I think they are more fun in a car, and in a truck, well lets just say, ill tow against any auto truck anyday. Sticks kick ass when the loads get heavy.

Oh absolutely, a manual is more fun hands down. But the argument that a manual will perform better is false and misleading. Let

I would say sticks are always going to be faster until you get into the deep 11s and faster. when you have a motor making 400bhp and auto trans that takes 70hp to spin its gonna go slower than a manual trans car that only takes 35hp to spin. the facts are manuals are still faster stock vs stock to this day. Turbo cars act a little as they dont loss boost in between shifts like a stick does.

I would say sticks are always going to be faster until you get into the deep 11s and faster. when you have a motor making 400bhp and auto trans that takes 70hp to spin its gonna go slower than a manual trans car that only takes 35hp to spin. the facts are manuals are still faster stock vs stock to this day. Turbo cars act a little as they dont loss boost in between shifts like a stick does.

A stick in the hands of professional drivers I'd agree. Otherwise...Joe smith off the street isn't gonna cut a better shift than a guy with the same car and an auto tranny.

I would say sticks are always going to be faster until you get into the deep 11s and faster.

I think that depends on the vehicle, engine and tranny being used...IMO :geek:

As far as Naturally Aspirated Cars go, and stock vs stock, the Manual is capable of putting more power to the ground, but it needs the driver first, just like Dajogejr said.

Edited by Dinner

wait for the camaro , it will not only look better but will flat out smoke the challenger srt8 . the weight alone helps the maro but also having more hp and a better 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto option , even with the 6 speed auto on the maro its still fast .

I like the new Camaro better as well. The Dodge is nice, but you can't see out of them at all.........

i know a guy with a nice stree/9sec 1/4 cobra. he had a 6 speed and put down 850-950 ish at the wheels and ran 10.2x he changed to a built auto with and unlocked stall and only puts 750ish to the wheels and runs 9.8x. this is NOT driver error with the 6 speed he is an awesome driver.

back on topic please do not by the challanger. othere then the outside it is identical to the charger. as far as the camaro its likely not going to happen GM is just about broke. and as far as that money you are going to spend wait a few years.

One of the biggest problems with drag cars being a stick is consistancy.. You got allot of guys that even if they can turn strong numbers outta a stick car they cant keep it consistant.. The guys that can pull the strong numbers and stay consistant are BADASS drivers and not very common..

Its pretty dumb to argue really which is better between stick or auto for dragging considering the kind of technology out there today for the auto.. You can get any kind of torque converter for any kind of setup, with strong shift kits or full manual valve boddies, with transbrakes and air shifters.. I think of it as similar to the overide trans they do for a banshee, I know I know its different case they use clutches.. BUT I think you get my point in reference to consistancy and it helping to take out the possibility of miss shifts..

As far as playing and the Challenger it would be hands down a 6 speed.. I wouldn't be looking to drag that car, more want to just cruise it around and have fun and thats where the stick really shines..

RIPPEN