Cheetah Pipes

smuttdawg

Thank you....I was beginning to think I was speaking a foreign language

X2. If they increased the price of that bike by 3 grand but put 22 inch chrome spoke rims, does that mean they know even more or build them even better. Price.....has nothing to do with it, especially when you bling the shit out of it.

Well...since this whole conversation has been about cubs, let's see. 58X68 (4 mil cub) is 421, 64X68 (10 mil cub) is 465...and let me get my calculator out here. Carry the 1....ah...yes. 465-421 is...tada....44. If that motor in that one bike isn't a cub...I didn't notice...if it was a DM or DMX or other large bore, that's not exactly what we've been talking about all along...right?

MY WHOLE point all along is sure, you can detune and choke the fuck out of a cylinder meant to run, and breathe ....and make it do the same as a nicely ported stock set of cylinders.

But what's the point?

That's like me saying (and yes, this is the drag racer in me talking) Well...I really could've run a 3.9 with my setup, but...I figured I'd detune it, break a clutch or two...and only run 4.8s...cause that's how they set them up around here.

NW...you wrote a while back, purpose built bike. I agree with that 100%. I disagree with both of you how to arrive at that purpose....

Wiz....I've read most of your posts...and most of them seem like you're trying to stir shit. And I AM NOT THE ONLY one saying that....

look again 64x75 is 565 and you the point is yes you can run other style pipes on a bike that runs cubs and make use of the setup to be a good all around dune bike.Now if you stop and think about it i would guarantee you a cub set up out of the box to be the middle of the road performance. And how do i know this think about how much does it cost for tooling to set up to manufacture cubs and if you made them just for drag setup what percentage of the market would you get .the cost of tooling is to high to just make that cost effective so as a company they make them middle of the road and sale them to alot more people.And when you read the word race on websites that are offering cubs for sale that is what they call marketing race sound alot better than middle of the road performance . Now what you do with them after you get them porting is up to you .I respect your opinion i just hope this willl open peoples eyes that there are different ways to get to the end result it all comes where you ride how you ride and what you want out of your bike. And i use the cascade bike as an example and it got side tracked the example was that they were runnning higher cc bike and they are not just running cpi .I dont see how wiz is causing any shit if anything he is making people come out of there comfort zone and explore alternative ideas .What i see is alot of people on here from the midwest that believe strongly in what they do but for people to say there is no other way is just foolish.And believe me the nw is my playground and there a tons of quality companys that are based here in oregon that provide us with a huge amount of vast knowledge not to mention the sheer number of people that are into this sport knowledge is everwhere out here.So when you say there is no other way it goes against the grain of oregonians people should get a pulse on the sport out here before they jump to conclusions that we dont know how to set up are bikes you would be wrong we might take a different path to get there but we get there

Edited by PACIFIC NW BANSHEE

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look again 64x75 is 565 and you the point is yes you can run other style pipes on a bike that runs cubs and make use of the setup to be a good all around dune bike.Now if you stop and think about it i would guarantee you a cub set up out of the box to be the middle of the road performance. And how do i know this think about how much does it cost for tooling to set up to manufacture cubs and if you made them just for drag setup what percentage of the market would you get .the cost of tooling is to high to just make that cost effective so as a company they make them middle of the road and sale them to alot more people.And when you read the word race on websites that are offering cubs for sale that is what they call marketing race sound alot better than middle of the road performance . Now what you do with them after you get them porting is up to you .I respect your opinion i just hope this willl open peoples eyes that there are different ways to get to the end result it all comes where you ride how you ride and what you want out of your bike. And i use the cascade bike as an example and it got side tracked the example was that they were runnning higher cc bike and they are not just running cpi .I dont see how wiz is causing any shit if anything he is making people come out of there comfort zone and explore alternative ideas .What i see is alot of people on here from the midwest that believe strongly in what they do but for people to say there is no other way is just foolish.And believe me the nw is my playground and there a tons of quality companys that are based here in oregon that provide us with a huge amount of vast knowledge not to mention the sheer number of people that are into this sport knowledge is everwhere out here.So when you say there is no other way it goes against the grain of oregonians people should get a pulse on the sport out here before they jump to conclusions that we dont know how to set up are bikes you would be wrong we might take a different path to get there but we get there

Noone ever said it has to be this way or no other way.. Allot are just saying it doesnt make sense.. Its like buying a 3 pound sledge hammer, hollowing it out to a 16 ounces, and then driving the nail.. Vs buying a less exspensive 14 ounce hammer that drives the nail just about as easy.. Granted your getting similar results, just a round about and more pricey way..

RIPPEN

Just for the record i live in OREGON and i would never dream of putting low to mid range pipes on my cub or small carbs or a single carb.

I wanted more torque out of my cub motor so i had the cylinder decked, i didn't put the wrong pipes and carbs on it.You can set up a cub cylinder without choking it down if you set it up properly.

If i remember right you can also bump up the compression in your motor to get more torque.Cant you also change your gearing so you don't fall out of the pipe as easy.

I have done alot of hillshooting on the OREGON coast with a 4mil crank, 68mil cub, inframe drag pipes and 35pwk alky carbs and a 6 inch arm.

I don't even know why I'm posting this....

We were talking about cubs.

They DON'T MAKE A CUB IN A 75 BORE.

SO A 68 BORE CUB WITH A 64 STROKE IS 465 CC.

I need a few periods, spaces...and a capital letter or two to read the rest of that.

correct you are but if cub is drag set up what is a twister setup that is good size motor running paul turners manufactured by a very large name in the atv banshee bussiness The truth is you think you know everything and if people have followed along i have proved i think very well that it can be done you have no reason to argue but self pride get over it there is so much more out there how do you dispute what casdade is doing come on you know so much .Broaden you horizon you know you are wrong admitted you have seen it done

Hooked on Phonics. Please.

you are so cool i wish could sit in front of my computer and post all day and pick apart my grammar get a life what a joke You must be a god when you role up to the sand with you big bad ass bike smoke all the guys running t5s .i think your a bench racer

Edited by PACIFIC NW BANSHEE

Just for the record i live in OREGON and i would never dream of putting low to mid range pipes on my cub or small carbs or a single carb.

I wanted more torque out of my cub motor so i had the cylinder decked, i didn't put the wrong pipes and carbs on it.You can set up a cub cylinder without choking it down if you set it up properly.

If i remember right you can also bump up the compression in your motor to get more torque.Cant you also change your gearing so you don't fall out of the pipe as easy.

I have done alot of hillshooting on the OREGON coast with a 4mil crank, 68mil cub, inframe drag pipes and 35pwk alky carbs and a 6 inch arm.

the cylinders I have now are decked also

I just want you to clear something up, everything but CPI or Shearers are the "wrong" pipes and anything smaller than 35mm carbs are the "wrong" carbs?

I am not tryigto be a smart ass just looking for some clarification...

I just want you to clear something up, everything but CPI or Shearers are the "wrong" pipes and anything smaller than 35mm carbs are the "wrong" carbs?

My iinframes are vito fat bastards,and when i was running race gas i used a set of 34 mikuni's, when i run alky i use 35's and cam is setting up some 39's for me so i can run at dunefest and albany.

I've been watching this post since the beginning.....and I can care less about the point you are or anyone is trying to get across....

if you really want an answer to your question go back through the posts and you'll find your answer...but...

NO is the answer...There is no wrong or right pipe brand or carb size...There a few posts on here saying that but I'm not sure if you are "tunnel visioned" on the argument that has been on going for the past 9 pages that you are missing that...i can tell you are passionate about banshee's and what is the better set up as is everyone here is and that's why this arguement has continued for 9 pages other wise it would not have last this long... You run your set up because it suites you best, Daj runs his set up because it runs him best....

All in all i don't really think anyone knows what the damn argument is anymore....what are you trying to argue??

Bigred350x said it best.....Its all just in what you want to do with it and what YOU think is best. Who cares if you have a super-tard cylinder with jew pipes and herkamer fudd carbs or joe-blow cylinders and couch cushions for silencers. If it does what you want and you have fun riding it... who cares!?!

BansheeHQ is not a place for people to come and argue about what the best set up is...There is so much knowledge in all aspects of the Yamaha banshee because of the amount of people on this site that own banshees. Just from this one thread alone i have a hell of alot more on set ups, pipes, etc...

BansheeHQ is a place for people to come and say "hey I tried this set up and it was awesome or that it sucked" and pass on that knowledge to everyone and let someone else try it for there own sake. i come here everyday because i learn something new everyday.I may not be new or experienced as others but I still learn. no matter how long you may have worked on these things you don't know everythng...I proved that to the local mechanic who tried to rtell me that the issue i was having with my banshee could not happen...3 weeks land over 500 man hours they found the issue and fixed it....he said in his 2o years of working on banshees he's never seen that happen....The HQ is place to come and chit chat about the banshee and not why you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Wiz i know you are fairly new to the site and i welcome you...You are in an argument with a senior member on this site that has helped more people than i can think of and to better understand where he is coming from i suggest you do a search on his posts and see what knowledge he as to pass on. I assure you that he is not pushing the cub/CPI or Shearer/ and 35mm carbs to everyone like you asked in this post i'm replying to..

I think if you guys have not got your point across in 9 pages...i don't think you ever will....Stop fighting over who's dick is bigger, put your shit back in your pants, grab a beer, and get on with the fact we all love the banshee

try some rocket pipes or maybe some aliens,it may make your set up sandsational.put on a hevier flywheel that will slow the motor down a little to make it useable ever tryed that one.

you are so cool i wish could sit in front of my computer and post all day and pick apart my grammar get a life what a joke You must be a god when you role up to the sand with you big bad ass bike smoke all the guys running t5s .i think your a bench racer

My point is....if you're trying to teach us something, or trying to add a point, how about you make it just a LITTLE easier for us to comprehend and read. Even if what you're typing is right only in your little world...you could still try to make it easier to read.

Bench Racer? Please. My bike took 2nd in the Planet Sand 0-475 class twin limited class...which, happens to be the class that all you so called non-drag race 4, 7 and 10 mil cubs are in. That was one of the largest classes there, it was DOMINATED by cub.

I've put hundreds and hundreds of passes on my bike, and I've been nice enough to probably let a dozen people ride my bike at the track too, for fun...and plenty of them are on this site.

Yet all I hear you two talk about is this builder or that builder...and a fellow Oregon rider even told you guys he doesn't run setups the way you do....

icantypeasentencelikeyoudotooifit'seasierforyoutoreadandcomprehend.

4stroker, I'll get you the numbers...

Edited by dajogejr

how did i miss this one!? im gonna add a few points to this...

1. cubs are NOT trail friendly.

2. cubs were designed to have drag port specs, nothing else.

3. if you want to detune your cub, why not just build a stock cylinder motor with the power curve you want.

4. decking cubs is fuckin stupid.

5. running anything but shearers, cpi, or rockets on a cub will severely affect the overall performance of the motor.

6. pacificnorthwestbanshee - youre a clown. even if you were making good points, who would ever know with all that gibberish posting you do. try to sound at least a little educated. try using some punctuation and paragraphs to separate thoughts and ideas. and unless you know the poster personally i suggest you not call them out on something, such as calling daj a bench racer. everyone on this site knows he is not that. it just shows everyone how stupid you are. no one will listen to you because youre that guy who decided to call a well known racer out with a weak argument about cubs. dumb.

7. wiz - why run decked cubs? waste of money. why not build a strong dune motor that makes power more towards the middle of the rpm range instead of your cub which will come on around 6000 rpm. that doesnt make sense. cubs like big carbs and drag pipes. end of story. tryin to argue otherwise is ignorant. they werent designed to be ridden in the trails and such. they were designed for budget minded drag racers.

8. im a pimp and RIPPEN is my bitch!!

OK just my opinion...

Before I wanted to buy a cub, I called 4 builders, all 4 are very famous on here... I spoke to them all, I think there is a good reason why they don't want to chime in here, as far as I know one left the site because of the whole decking the cub thing...

Ok so what I did is I have a few dyno sheets of stock stroke cylinders, cubs etc, the cubs start making more power then the stockers from 4000rpm, on almost (i said ALOMOST) all the dynos.. The other thing is over a period of 2 years I have PM some members on here that has cubs, some are known to all, funny they don't chime in here, probably to scared or something, but like 8 of them said " I wish that the guys on here want to stop this whole cubs are for drags only, cubs are so much more"!! Some guy one here got his cubs decked, he said that it has a much broader rpm range and maybe rev a thew rpms lower but peak power is off but just 5hp.. I don't know why people want to tell others you can't do this or that...

We should start a thread and ask what does everyone else use their cub for and to those who are to scared they get bashed leave their opinion also, I think there is more usage for a cub as just a drag cylinder and these are mentioned by 2 famous builders on here, cubs can have a broader powerband, BUT THEY WILL STILL BE WAY TO POWER FULL in my opinion to take to the MX track :biggrin:

Guys this is just my opinion... I'm not choosing any one's side!!