Cheetah Pipes

smuttdawg

I think a set of dune ported stock cylinders will make just as much as a detuned 421 cub.. And have just as good of a curve.. I'll take that bet..

get stock cylinders DUNE PORTED stock bore and stroke to 80hp??......hmm sounds fishy....

Edited by Wiz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacific banshee, I am from portland also....I guess it takes more expereince in the open sand to understand that out side the track the cub motor is nothing but a fast play bike...I think I have seen you bike boxcar before I recognize the bike....

Edited by Wiz

oh yes, you can get 80hp out of stock cylinders if they are ported right.. it has been done.. i will tell you my opinion because i also ran t5's on my cub (waiting for the cpi's) and they sucked eggs!! i put the cpi's, jetted the bike, and its a screamer!!. its still rich so i can go leaner and get more out of it! hey dajogejr, whats a good number to play with my timing at?? runnin 93 pump gas, 20cc domes.. i think i can go leaner and add more timing to this motor yet.. its definately tuned on the safe side as of now.. and yes, these are lightswitch power motors. at first there is nothing, then it is BALLS TO THE WALL!!

Pacific banshee, I am from portland also....I guess it takes more expereince in the open sand to understand that out side the track the cub motor is nothing but a fast play bike...I think I have seen you bike boxcar before I recognize the bike....

Hell yes brother if people think that the cub is for drag racing only.What do they think of my twister setup is for getting into outerspace AND YES I RIDE THE TREESHOTS AND TRAIL RIDING ON THIS BEAST AND HAND SOME PEOPLE THERE ASS

"I don't want you to think that the bike won't run as it is now...it will.

But for the kind of power you're looking for based on those mods, a nice dune port on stockers will do just as well, and MUCH cheaper. Throw in that 4 mil crank in a stocker cylinder, they run very healthy."

So from what you are saying based on his mods, dune ported stockers will do just as well......hmmm are you sure???........

I have told you repatedly I was refering to DUNE ridding and Racing heads up stuff not classed off bracket racing, and by the way if you are bracket racing what does it matter how fast your bike is isn't it all about consistancy??

the point of this whole thread is that the cub motors will run strong with whatever pipe you put on them you can cater to your ridding style or how or where you ride with these motors....

you mean the Dm 4mil is bigger that the cub........really??? Leave the track one day there is a whole other world out there past 300'.

If you are going to quote me...at least read what I wrote...take the time to understand and comprehend.

for the kind of power you're looking for based on those mods

In other words, based on the current mods he has (pipes, carbs, etc.) the stockers will run just fine with a dune port. And for that type of riding, they will do just fine.

I did NOT say that dune ported stockers will make more than a cub. READ....

I still don't quite get it...what kind of power is he looking for, he has a PT mids on his cub motor, he rides in the woods.

so if I am getting this straight he either needs to off his cub motor and buy a stock set of dune ported cylinders to match his P turners and his 33mm carbs....OR did'nt you say that he needed 35 mm carbs and CPI's for his cub motor to open it up? so he should not keep the 33mm carbs and his P turners on his cub motor because it is holding it back on the top end...

But if he was going to the track he would need shearers and what carbs again.....

Wow this shit is getting confusing and i have not even got to the timming/ compression/ fuel part I probably should be printing this out for future refrence.....lol

while I did NOT say john fucks sheep, I did say that john has velcro gloves, lives on sheep farm, and runs outside saying "it's moutain time" every time one gets it head cought in the fence......

Edited by Wiz

Poorboy bought the bike like that and he wants to buy CPI's. He said he wants to go more for a drag bike then a woods bike. Daj said that the 33 are good for him with the CPI's. Damn dude ever thread I've seen you post in it seems like all you want to do is argue and be a general P.I.T.A. The orginal thread was that a guy has CPI and wants to try T-5 and the guys on here said that the CPI will compliment the Cub better then the T-5 thats all.

Poorboy bought the bike like that and he wants to buy CPI's. He said he wants to go more for a drag bike then a woods bike. Daj said that the 33 are good for him with the CPI's. Damn dude ever thread I've seen you post in it seems like all you want to do is argue and be a general P.I.T.A. The orginal thread was that a guy has CPI and wants to try T-5 and the guys on here said that the CPI will compliment the Cub better then the T-5 thats all.

Now how would anybody know what is going to suit the cub motor if you dont know the size of the motor riding style .They all are guesses at best personally the question is open ended there needs to be more info .

get stock cylinders DUNE PORTED stock bore and stroke to 80hp??......hmm sounds fishy....

oh.. so now you want to compare a 68mm bore x 58mm stroke against stock bore and stroke stroke stock cylinders?? That dont make much sense...

How about a stock bore with +4 stroke stock cylinders?.. people are making 80hp all the time with a dune port.. Its nothing new. Passion and FAST both have a VERY good dune port that is more then capable of 80+hp. Hell.. A&S trail port made 72hp.

I'm done.. thread has gone far enough off course.. This debate can go on forever...

Bottom line.. The port durations on a cub dont favor T-5 or any other trail pipe.. If you have a set handy.. feel free to strap them on and go to town. It wont blow up or anything.

Damn dude ever thread I've seen you post in it seems like all you want to do is argue and be a general P.I.T.A.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought the same.

Since you seem to know it all Wiz...why don't you break it down for us. Please tell me why he should run this cub with PT mid pipes...please, I'm dying to know. Tell me what the optimal compression should be...and why you're at it, the proper compression ratio.

Tell me what domes, squish, squish band, MSV, exhaust, intake, transfer and blow down timings he should have.

Tell me which base gasket he should run.

The fact that I have to explain to you that a dune ported set of stockers with his carb/pipe setup will have a broader range of power (READ...MORE USABLE RANGE) than a cub proves to me the fact that you don't have a clue.

The fact you think it's in his best interest, or anyone's for that matter....to detune a cub by placing small carbs and more restrictive pipes reinforces that.

Lastly, tell me how many cub cylinders you personally have setup, have run, what kind of numbers...

Even though anyone that has some already knows the answer. None.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought the same.

Since you seem to know it all Wiz...why don't you break it down for us. Please tell me why he should run this cub with PT mid pipes...please, I'm dying to know. Tell me what the optimal compression should be...and why you're at it, the proper compression ratio.

Tell me what domes, squish, squish band, MSV, exhaust, intake, transfer and blow down timings he should have.

Tell me which base gasket he should run.

The fact that I have to explain to you that a dune ported set of stockers with his carb/pipe setup will have a broader range of power (READ...MORE USABLE RANGE) than a cub proves to me the fact that you don't have a clue.

The fact you think it's in his best interest, or anyone's for that matter....to detune a cub by placing small carbs and more restrictive pipes reinforces that.

Lastly, tell me how many cub cylinders you personally have setup, have run, what kind of numbers...

Even though anyone that has some already knows the answer. None.

Before you go crazy why dont you check out cascades website most if not all the bikes run paul turners so if there such a bad idea why do they do it and yes they are on cub motors twister setups.I run my paul turners for the bottom end that cpi pipes can not provide so i can get the hole shot bottom end grunt we here in oregon race up the bowl not on the flats and the sand can be real loose i dont want to just spin my wheels down in a deep tree shot . so if i have to give a little on top to get some on the bottom so be it . This method is common out here makes for a much better duneable bike might not be the quickest in a straight line will hand most people there ass most of the time .SO IF YOU NEVER HAVE TRIED IT DONT KNOCK IT

Didn't realize Cascade was the king of all, be all racing...

They also have a lot of single carb setups. Please tell me anyone involved in any kind of racing on these motors uses those in any real competition....

They have spotless, beautiful, chrome, polished, powder coated immaculate show bikes.

He has.

Not on straight drag bike on duneable bike this is great and works good in the woods ..If you stop and think about it this is what the factory did with a stock banshee detune it to make it a more user friendly and thats all people are doing is placing some of the powerband where they want it to make it a more duneable bike .Not to mentiuon i get off the line faster than alot of people do running cpi pipes .But hey to each his own i personally have been down the road big bore cpi pipes and did not like the way it worked now that is not to say i wont run drag pipes again on mky bike they just wont be cpi

Didn't realize Cascade was the king of all, be all racing...

They also have a lot of single carb setups. Please tell me anyone involved in any kind of racing on these motors uses those in any real competition....

They have spotless, beautiful, chrome, polished, powder coated immaculate show bikes.

I see where you are coming from and if all you want to do is go in a straight line you are correct get some out of frame drag pipes and got to town. But if you like to a little carvin and some trail i dont see the problem with detuning a bike to get the power where you want it .Cascade bikes are fast dont doubt that